[Q] Amazon Fire tv Game Controller Pc Support

Search This thread

tammukul

Jan 15, 2011
Is it possible to use the fire tv bluetooth gamepad controller to connect to pc as a controller and play pc games using the controller support ?

illuminerdi

May 6, 2011
Is it possible to use the fire tv bluetooth gamepad controller to connect to pc as a controller and play pc games using the controller support ?

In theory - yes. It's a bluetooth controller, so unless they did weird protocol stuff like Sony did with the Dualshock 3 it should at least connect. Whether or not your PC sees it as a game controller or not is dependent on whether or not drivers exist for it or if it can use some form of "generic" bluetooth gamepad drivers, if those exist. If there are no drivers then someone will have to write them, though this is not a terribly difficult thing to do, since the drivers just have to read the inputs from the BT stack, then translate them to Xinput calls - pretty simple stuff. Note that I did not say EASY, just simple - an experienced coder/tinkerer could probably make them quickly, but a person lacking knowledge of how to deal with a bluetooth stack or the Direct X interface would have to learn those first.

Do some googling in case someone else has already tackled this subject elsewhere, and if not then consider putting up a bounty for them - as I said, it's quick money for an experienced programmer.

Last edited:

tammukul

Jan 15, 2011
In theory - yes. It's a bluetooth controller, so unless they did weird protocol stuff like Sony did with the Dualshock 3 it should at least connect. Whether or not your PC sees it as a game controller or not is dependent on whether or not drivers exist for it or if it can use some form of "generic" bluetooth gamepad drivers, if those exist. If there are no drivers then someone will have to write them, though this is not a terribly difficult thing to do, since the drivers just have to read the inputs from the BT stack, then translate them to Xinput calls - pretty simple stuff. Note that I did not say EASY, just simple - an experienced coder/tinkerer could probably make them quickly, but a person lacking knowledge of how to deal with a bluetooth stack or the Direct X interface would have to learn those first.

Do some googling in case someone else has already tackled this subject elsewhere, and if not then consider putting up a bounty for them - as I said, it's quick money for an experienced programmer.

Well...
The pc does not detect the game controller as anything. Thats the issue. Is there a way around this ?

Thanks for the reply though, quite informative.

mystykally

Mar 15, 2008
so mine was detected as "amazon fire game controller". within windows it is possible to calibrate it. but no game recognized it as a usable controller.

windows 8 pro 64bit

cheers

Well...
The pc does not detect the game controller as anything. Thats the issue. Is there a way around this ?

Thanks for the reply though, quite informative.

nyder

Sep 15, 2007
Seattle
so mine was detected as "amazon fire game controller". within windows it is possible to calibrate it. but no game recognized it as a usable controller.

windows 8 pro 64bit

cheers

I wasn't able to get Windows 7 to recognize my AGC. probably because I have some crappy CSR Bluetooth usb receive that I don't even have software for. TBH, I don't think I've ever connected anything to it though, but I don't have a lot of Bluetooth stuff.

mystykally

Mar 15, 2008
seems L2+R2 doesnt work. no game actually recognize this as a legit controller...
any ideas?

Attachments

• AGC.JPG
    AGC.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 1,528

sammanesh1

May 28, 2015
Mine is recognised by my PC via a bluetooth USB adapter, but apparently you need some sort of serial code to connect them together which Iam unable to find. Also, the L1 and L2 triggers don't work on any bluetooth platform, except from the Fire TV. :p

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

How did you open the game control calibrator? :cowboy:

TheLightningKing

Jul 28, 2016
What does that mean?

So can I pair the fire tv controller with my pc using bluetooth or do I need a receiver like with Xbox 360.

mook123456

Oct 16, 2016
Work around for Fire TV Game controller to PC.

You will need the following Apps.
You will also require your phone and Fire TV to be on the same network as your PC.

1, mouse toggle for fire TV ( or any wireless mouse ) (instruction on google play)
2, Droidjoy free (droidjoy pro if you want L2 R2), (instruction on google play)
3, Octopus ( it's on google play, allows overlay controls for droudjoy/all touch games ) (instruction on google play)
4, Easy fire tools ( Also on google play ).

Firstly install Droidjoy on your phone and follow their instructions and YouTube video on how to connect and make your PC think it's a Xbox controller. Once connected try your game of choice and see if you like ( I found Tomb Raider: Underworld has minimal lag time (ms) plays great but Prince of Persia: The forgotten Sands is slightly more but still highly playable. If your happy move to next step.

Step 1
Install all the other apps on your phone and use the Fire TV Tools app to push/install them to your Fire Tv.
Step 2
Open mouse toggle and start the app.
Step 3
Open the octopus app and choose droidjoy app to open. Then select customize, then select Template Standard.
Step 4
Use mouse toggle in mouse mode to click on the octopus icon and overlay the buttons on the Droidjoy App. The back button can be used here but will become redundant for going back on the fire TV ( you will have to use the home button to exit the app ). Recommend setting the back button after all the following steps are done.
Step 5
Close the app by pressing the home button if you have programmed the back button, now reopen Octopus app and select Droudjoy, goto setting and click auto connect to server, press back ( or use mouse toggle in mouse mode ) now click connect you will have to use mouse toggle to click on your PC Server for the first time. Once connected select your template in the game pad section.

Step 6
Try the game controller on your PC it should work perfectly, you are now using your Fire TV as a relay to your PC, some lagging can be caused by having your Bluetooth set to on on your PC.
If you haven't already assign the back button on octopus and if need push Droidjoy pro to you Fire TV if your happy and need L2 & R2.

Good Luck and fun gaming.

If you havnt brought a Fire TV game controller yet Don't, purchase a Xbox one controller v2 ( your PC will need Bluetooth or a separate bluetooth dongle)

JincyMan

Mar 11, 2023
This is another way to use the controller on PC (info is in the video description):