Vibration stopped working

Search This thread

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
I've been using Hyperdrive ROM for a while and today I noticed that none of the alerts are producing vibration. I thought it might be related to the kernel I installed so I reverted the kernel but that did not fix. So I installed a new ROM (Resurrection) and I still have the same issue.

I installed Vibration tester and I'm still not getting any vibration.

Any suggestion ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
I've been using Hyperdrive ROM for a while and today I noticed that none of the alerts are producing vibration. I thought it might be related to the kernel I installed so I reverted the kernel but that did not fix. So I installed a new ROM (Resurrection) and I still have the same issue.

Any suggestion ?

have you dropped your phone, or did it get wet. happened to me once. the vibrate stopped after getting wet on an HTC phone.. also if you drop it, the connector could get loose.

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis

Any suggestion ?

If I were u I would flash another kernel and try.

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
have you dropped your phone, or did it get wet. happened to me once. the vibrate stopped after getting wet on an HTC phone.. also if you drop it, the connector could get loose.

I don't recall phone getting wet but it has definitely been dropped on carpet many times but I have a bumper cover so no physical damage to the phone.

If I were u I would flash another kernel and try.

I have tried new kernel as well as new ROM. I installed KK Remix and still I don't get any vibration. :crying:

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
I don't recall phone getting wet but it has definitely been dropped on carpet many times but I have a bumper cover so no physical damage to the phone.

I have tried new kernel as well as new ROM. I installed KK Remix and still I don't get any vibration. :crying:

Do u have power savings mode on by any chance? Because that would kill vibration.

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
I don't think so. I just installed a brand new ROM so I don't think it has power saving mode on by default. Does it? I'm on KK Remix, where can I check?

Nope, alright, weird, tw has power savings mode that would kill it, but aosp specifically that ROM I'm unaware of said feature. And since its occurring on both ROMs you may be in a pickle.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Did it work when phone r was new? When did it stop? Did u Odin stock and see? Sorry driving so I didn't really read back too far

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
Nope, alright, weird, tw has power savings mode that would kill it, but aosp specifically that ROM I'm unaware of said feature. And since its occurring on both ROMs you may be in a pickle.

[/COLOR]Did it work when phone r was new? When did it stop? Did u Odin stock and see? Sorry driving so I didn't really read back too far

Yes, it's been working fine until few days ago when I noticed that I'm missing calls and texts due to phone not vibrating in my pocket. At first I thought it was a kernel issue (I was using Hyperdrive rom at that time) so I tried different kernel and it did not fix the issue to yesterday I installed KK remix to see if that fixes the issue but had no luck with that either. So at this point I think it might be a hardware issue and the vibration motor is toast. I went ahead and ordered a replacement and will try my luck with replacing the original one.

Reactions: jdidtht

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
Yes, it's been working fine until few days ago when I noticed that I'm missing calls and texts due to phone not vibrating in my pocket. At first I thought it was a kernel issue (I was using Hyperdrive rom at that time) so I tried different kernel and it did not fix the issue to yesterday I installed KK remix to see if that fixes the issue but had no luck with that either. So at this point I think it might be a hardware issue and the vibration motor is toast. I went ahead and ordered a replacement and will try my luck with replacing the original one.

Yes definitely weird.. I would've tried to Odin the latest ne6 stock before in ordered a replacement, but as long as you have it solved that's a plus.

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
Yes definitely weird.. I would've tried to Odin the latest ne6 stock before in ordered a replacement, but as long as you have it solved that's a plus.

I thought about going back to stock to test but then decided against because I didn't think that it would make a difference as I have already tried different ROM with no success. Do you think that going to stock could make a difference?

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
I thought about going back to stock to test but then decided against because I didn't think that it would make a difference as I have already tried different ROM with no success. Do you think that going to stock could make a difference?

I do actually , when all else fails Odin back to stock, and if that fails you know the phone is at fault. Might as well if ya get bored, give it a whirl see what happens..:D

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
I do actually , when all else fails Odin back to stock, and if that fails you know the phone is at fault. Might as well if ya get bored, give it a whirl see what happens..:D

Yea I would use this one, they all are the same build, just packaged a little differently.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2764944

Flashed stock ROM but still no vibration :'(. So I guess I will just wait for the part to arrive so that I can operate my phone.

Last edited:

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
Flashed stock ROM but still no vibration :'(. So I guess I will just wait for the part to arrive so that I can operate my phone.

Yup, for sure. Super odd to me still that its broke like it is, but, can't argue with stock fw I guess. Thanks form taking the time to actually trouble shoot the issue. Surprised how many people don't want to take that time.

Reactions: ajamils

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
Yup, for sure. Super odd to me still that its broke like it is, but, can't argue with stock fw I guess. Thanks form taking the time to actually trouble shoot the issue. Surprised how many people don't want to take that time.

Ya, it is very odd. Never had that happen to any of the countless phones that I've owned in the past.

Thanks for all your help.

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
For anyone who might be following the thread, I got the replacement part from Amazon and replaced the the vibrator. Everything is working as expected. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone who might be following the thread, I got the replacement part from Amazon and replaced the the vibrator. Everything is working as expected. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

[/COLOR]Did it work when phone r was new? When did it stop? Did u Odin stock and see? Sorry driving so I didn't really read back too far

Yea I would use this one, they all are the same build, just packaged a little differently.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2764944

Ya, it is very odd. Never had that happen to any of the countless phones that I've owned in the past.

Thanks for all your help.