[Q] Ch. 2 Sprint Hero...Improperly Rooted
I posted this earlier, and received some help from oohaylima. I had to take some time off and it got away from me, but I still need help. I've read through hours of info. here but haven't been able to find an answer. A few posts were close, but the links they provided were broken or the pages they referred to had been taken down.
1. Since I can only access the phone via wifi, can I still rescue the phone, or can I do that using the SD card only (the links were no good in the post similar to this,)?
2. Since this last post, I did reset the phone holding the Home and Power buttons, now I get an error code 67 whenever I turn it on. Something concerning a User name and Password for a sprint account.
3. The phone won't activate with my Boost Mobile account, I can not place or receive calls with it.
4. My experience so far is limited to rooting a couple of phones and installing CM ROM's through instructions and guides here at xda and at the CM forum.
5. I would like to be able to flash CM onto the phone, not the stock version it came with
To save time I have copied the last post here...
"I bought a second hand Sprint Hero cdma. ($12.50) It had the stock ROM, but also had BusyBox Pro and Superuser installed. Upon checking, su wasn't working,and BBPro gave a message that the phone was improperly rooted. Upon checking with RootChecker v 1.3 I got the following info from the table:
Root Check Lite gave the message:
Your phone is rooted.
Your phone does not have superuser access.
I tried to root it again with superoneclick but it hung up on the second line. I then discovered that the phone won't connect via USB to mount the phone. My WIN 7, 64 bit HP won't read anything from it except wirelessly via Wondershare MobileGo. But, it does charge okay. (I have an old Samsung Conquer which functions okay via USB on my PC.)
The Firmware version, etc., is as follows:
Firmware: v 2.1 update 1
Kernel: v 2.6.29.-ba77cfo3
Build: 2.32.651.2.CL282911 release-keys
PRI v: 2.65_003
PRL v: 11117
I guess I am asking how do I re-root properly...or un-root then re-root. "
Thanks in advance to oohaylima and all,