[KERNEL][AOSP/TW][4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.1/7.0][10/05/2016] KT747 - ND8 - KTweaker

Search This thread

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
So I have only been waiting for a update on this post to continue my gs3 revival project I can only give this one more month I hope it's not dead best wishes
considering the last post that isn't yours is over 3 months old, I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume this project is dead.

IWSJX5e.jpg

Reactions: hilla_killa

TechGuyAnthony

May 21, 2016
kyrahosting.com
Appears working as I flashed this and it booted up properly on CM13.0-20160611-NIGHTLY-d2att which is Android 6.0.1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

So I have only been waiting for a update on this post to continue my gs3 revival project I can only give this one more month I hope it's not dead best wishes
This is working on my device which is using CM13.0-20160611-NIGHTLY-d2att which is Android 6.0.1. Consider continuing that project of yours and this appears working on even the newest Android software version which is not mentioned as compatible.

Reactions: Perseus and avd

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Appears working as I flashed this and it booted up properly on CM13.0-20160611-NIGHTLY-d2att which is Android 6.0.1

This is working on my device which is using CM13.0-20160611-NIGHTLY-d2att which is Android 6.0.1. Consider continuing that project of yours and this appears working on even the newest Android software version which is not mentioned as compatible.

Is that So ? Are all the functionalities really working for you ? If that is the case, I am happy to continue where I left off. I spent >4 months tried to bring this uptospeed and rewrote the source. But by then I had no testers left on this device. I also had another reason to put this aside, one involving original author. But let's not go there.

Can please someone else with a Non-ATT Variant confirm this for me please ?

Lonelyskatter12

Dec 15, 2014
Los Angeles
Is that So ? Are all the functionalities really working for you ? If that is the case, I am happy to continue where I left off. I spent >4 months tried to bring this uptospeed and rewrote the source. But by then I had no testers left on this device. I also had another reason to put this aside, one involving original author. But let's not go there.

Can confirm, working on d2spr AICP 11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160619-175415.png
    Screenshot_20160619-175415.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 191

TechGuyAnthony

May 21, 2016
kyrahosting.com

Yea, Kernel works fine. The only thing that doesn't work is The Overclock values, and KTweaker. A ton of options are broken in the KTweaker app. I would appreciate if you could fix that but it doesn't really matter. I only thing I could possibly want fixed first is the Voltages changer because that causes the app to crash when you open it.

Reactions: Perseus

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Can confirm, working on d2spr AICP 11
Thanks for the confirmation. I take it that the usual sensors such as BT, GPS etc are all fine.
Yea, Kernel works fine. The only thing that doesn't work is The Overclock values, and KTweaker. A ton of options are broken in the KTweaker app. I would appreciate if you could fix that but it doesn't really matter. I only thing I could possibly want fixed first is the Voltages changer because that causes the app to crash when you open it.
The App is a Closed Source App with ZERO support from the Author. So I will see what I can try and do. I suspected overclocking might not be working.

TechGuyAnthony

May 21, 2016
kyrahosting.com
Thanks for the confirmation. I take it that the usual sensors such as BT, GPS etc are all fine.

The App is a Closed Source App with ZERO support from the Author. So I will see what I can try and do. I suspected overclocking might not be working.
Yeah, the OC values are not going beyond the CPU's default max (in my case 1512Mhz)

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Also, why is the app closed source? I had an idea in my head that Ktoonsez would have that app be open source so people can get help with the coding of their own tweaker app..

avd

Aug 17, 2009
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Yeah, the OC values are not going beyond the CPU's default max (in my case 1512Mhz)

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Also, why is the app closed source? I had an idea in my head that Ktoonsez would have that app be open source so people can get help with the coding of their own tweaker app..

can we use another kernel tweaker app?

Reactions: Perseus

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis

Thanks on the OC. That I suspected would be the case. Its easy fix though. As to the app, it is Ktoon's Decision as the app author. I can't argue with him on to make it open. You're welcome to use another app. The kernel will work fine.
can we use another kernel tweaker app?
Yes you certainly can. May I suggest [APP] [2.3+] Kernel Adiutor ? One of my favorites.

Last edited:

TechGuyAnthony

May 21, 2016
kyrahosting.com
Attention anyone who is looking to download this, I have found that on the latest versions of CyanogenMod 13, this kernel breaks your WiFi connection. You will not be able to do anything using the internet. I am a tester for the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have contacted the developer concerning this issue. For now, stay away from this kernel.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Attention anyone who is looking to download this, I have found that on the latest versions of CyanogenMod 13, this kernel breaks your WiFi connection. You will not be able to do anything using the internet. I am a tester for the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I have contacted the developer concerning this issue. For now, stay away from this kernel.

CM13 is 6.0 Android, the newest version says 5.1 Android [emoji6].

IWSJX5e.jpg

Perseus

Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
I have decided to revive this project again. The OP is updated for Android N.

At this time, it is far far from ready, but in order for me to baseline, I have a alpha build out there. on AFH.

AOSP NOUGAT 7 VERSIONS:
Android N Builds on AFH

Please note, if you are expecting all the former features of this kernel in this build, then you are sadly mistaken. This isnt't a build for you. Its a ALPHA build. Which means I don't even know if it will boot if at all.

Now having said that, I would like to know overall report with this build. In other words, does it break anything ? Like does Camera, GPS, BT Data, do they all work as they used to before this build ? Last but not the least, If the build boots fine, can you please post a screenshot of the Settings > About Screen ? The one showing Kernel Version?

Thanks for testing this. I appreciate your time.

Top Liked Posts