(Review) 12000mAh Portable Power Bank Battery

Search This thread

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Weighs at only 8.9oz, it pack's 12,000 mAh battery in a small package, enough to charge your mobile phones and more. Perfect for everyday use, longer trips and emergency situations.

Features:

Highest quality Li-Pol battery with capacity of 12,000mAh (LTE battery is rated as ~2,000mAh)
Dual USB outputs to charger 2 devices at the same time
Give your smartphone up to 95 hours of extra talk, internet, and video time, so you can truly enjoy what your phone can offer
2.1A output to charge your lte or tablet efficiently
Compatible with all cell phones with micro USB connection, such as Blackberry, HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc.

the battery comes with a number of different tips. This ensures that it is as universal as possible. In addition to a wall adapter and a cable for charging the battery the system includes tips for Sony PSP, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Nokia, miniUSB, microUSB and, of course, Apple mobile devices. Last year this nice array of tips would have been important. Yes, we’ve all become a bit boring with regard to what we actually carry day in and day out, but something tells me this won’t last for long. I’m not sure what new device will woo each of us, but I have no doubt there will be something.

Input:
DC 5V/1A
Output: USB1: DC 5V/1A; USB2: DC 5V/2.1A
Battery capacity: 12,000 mAh
Dimension: 5″ x 3″ x 0.92″ (127mm x 76mm x 23mm)
Weight: 8.9oz (250gram)

this battery is a beast. It has a huge charge capacity and yet it is fairly compact and light. It is also simple to use. There is one button on the top that, when depressed, shows you how much charge is available and begins the flow of current.

On one end you will see the microUSB charging port that will make sure the battery is up to a long, grueling day of use. To the left of it is a 1A USB port. This will charge your lte as ac. On the other side is the 2A USB this charges as a dc current.

And, of course, the battery can be used as a flashlight. The first time I saw an external battery with this feature I was like “Why?” Then I actually started using it and discovered that it comes in rather handy. The light on this one is bright. That, combined with the capacity a fully charged Power Bank will offer would likely mean this light could be turned on at the start of CES 2012 and still be going when it comes time for CES 2013. (Okay not so much, but you get the point.)

This Power Bank 12,000 mAh Battery is a huge battery in a small package. It is well made, feels quite sturdy, packs a punch and has pretty much all the tips you are going to need

I bought mine off ebay for 25 bucks. best 25 i have ever spent. my self with my lte. My wife with her 3D down to my ics tablets. all have fully charged and still it had juice. i leave it laying around all the time. i hardly ever have to charge it up fully.

see pics.

IMG_20121004_201043.jpg

IMG_20121004_201035.jpg

IMG_20121004_200942.jpg

comes in white and black . here is link to black i bought..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12000mAh-Po...02098?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item416ab32ef2

Last edited:

couragedragon

May 16, 2012
I bought mine off ebay for 25 bucks. best 25 i have ever spent. my self with my lte. My wife with her 3D down to my ics tablets. all have fully charged and still it had juice. i leave it laying around all the time. i hardly ever have to charge it up fully.

Thanks for the great review man! I've been looking at other varieties of these on amazon, but the cost was just a bit too high. Can you link us to the ebay seller you got yours from?

kaos420

Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Thanks for the great review man! I've been looking at other varieties of these on amazon, but the cost was just a bit too high. Can you link us to the ebay seller you got yours from?

thanks added link to first post for the black. what i bought. they have white too just see his store. but for the price this thing has been a tank.

Reactions: couragedragon

bmtdan

Apr 5, 2010
cincinnati
Honestly I don't really need this since the LTE battery is so great. But I might get one for emergencies just in case! Great review!

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

kaos420

Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Honestly I don't really need this since the LTE battery is so great. But I might get one for emergencies just in case! Great review!

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
the battery is great. i initially bought mine for when i went to the bronx zoo. i knew my camera was going to be on the whole time. was nice to have a power source while walking around.

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
the battery is great. i initially bought mine for when i went to the bronx zoo. i knew my camera was going to be on the whole time. was nice to have a power source while walking around.
Dude i bough the Zagg Sparq last year,. So i get about 3-4 charges out of 1 full charge of the Sparq. How many can u get out of this one ebfore u hav to recharge it?

couragedragon

May 16, 2012
Just an fyi, looks like the ebay seller OP mentioned is beginning to update the listing to $50 (which is more on par with most other battery packs in that mah range.

If you click on his auction lists, there are still some listed at ~ $25, gett'em while you can at that price.

Thanks again OP, just ordered mine.

outlaw815

Oct 9, 2012
Just bought one too and don't have any need for it at all but for 23 bucks why not:)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Damn now the white one is 55. Got mine just in time!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

gm2racer

Mar 26, 2009
Received email from the seller that there are issues with their remaining stock of these. She said that a new shipment will be getting in on Oct 16, or she offered to send a different model (10,000mAh) and a $3 refund for the price difference. I'm opting to wait for the 12,000mAh battery. I'll let everyone know how this works out...

couragedragon

May 16, 2012
Received email from the seller that there are issues with their remaining stock of these. She said that a new shipment will be getting in on Oct 16, or she offered to send a different model (10,000mAh) and a $3 refund for the price difference. I'm opting to wait for the 12,000mAh battery. I'll let everyone know how this works out...

Ditto for me, I just wanted to add that the email was fairly apologetic and seemed genuinely interested in providing a quality product.

Also, all the listings are marked to ~$50 now. Glad we got in for half the price!

wrxlvr

Jan 16, 2007
Could you some pics of it next to your phone? Trying to visualize how big it is.

outlaw815

Oct 9, 2012
Just got a email saying my order has shipped!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the note 2 not the evo 4g lte. But when i googled this powerbank i found this thread so i decided to post and share.

Well my phone has a 3100mah battery and this battery pack can only charge the note 2 1.5 times before it completely dies. That is not right knowing the battery pack holds 12000mah. I would be happy if I can charge the phone 3 times but no. I think it doesn't hold near 6000mah capacity. Anyway, i returned the unit and it will be replaced. I hope the replacement is going to be better.

There are some basics concepts in electricity that you need to understand, imagine that the pack is 12000mah (3.7V), that possible since these so called "AA" batteries are in fact 18650 batteries that are rated ... let's say between 1600mah and 3000mah => four 3000mah 18650 give you 12000 mah (3.7V)... ok for that.
    Now the LTE got a 1500mah (3.7V) battery.... the mistake is to imagine that your "Power bank" can charge 12000/1500 = 8 times, this is simply not possible....

Power Bank : 12000mah (3.7V) (let's it is the real capacity)
    LTE : 1500mah (3.7V) (let's say they are spot on too)

Best case :
    1 - Energy : 12Ah * 3.7V = 44.4Wh <= Energy stored in the power bank
    2 - You loose 10% in the conversion from 3.7V ( internal batteries ) to 5V ( USB port ) => 44.4Wh * 0.9 = 39,96Wh
    3 - You loose 10% in the conversion from 5V ( USB port ) to 3.7V (internal battery of the phone, iThink.. whatever) => 39,96Wh*0.9 = 35.96Wh
    4 - The LTE battery energy : 1,5Ah*3.7V = 5,55Wh

Times recharging : 35,96Wh/5.55Wh = a little less than 6.5 Times

Worst case :
    1 - Energy : 11Ah * 3.7V = 40,7Wh <= let's say they overestimate their batteries
    2 - You loose 20% in the conversion from 3.7V to 5V => 40,7Wh * 0.8 = 32,56Wh ( low efficiency convertor)
    3 - You loose 15% in the conversion from 5V to 3.7V => 32,56Wh*0.85 = 27,68Wh (****ty device..:) )
    4 - The LTE battery energy : 1,5Ah*3.7V = 5,55Wh (lets say this one is ok)

Times recharging : 27,68Wh/5.55Wh = a little less more than 5 Times

==> General conclusion, with a 12Ah (3.7V) powerbank you can recharge a fully depleted 1500mah (3.7V) between 5 and 6.5 times.
    To be fair... the capacity of these banks should be rated under 5V and not 3.7V, the 12Ah (3.7V) would become a 8Ah (5V). To be more efficient the batteries inside these pack should be 5V... but they are not as common as the 3.7 (18650 is really everywhere now)

PS : If the device that needs to be charged got a 5V battery... the second conversion take near no energy (modern convertors).

About the note 2... its battery is 3100mah (3.7V)
    Best case : 35,96Wh/(3,1*3.7) = 3,13 times
    Worst case : 27,68Wh/(3,1*3.7) = 2,4 times

==> So your experience of a 2,5 times recharge times sounds pretty normal to me.
    Weighs at only 8.9oz, it pack's 12,000 mAh battery in a small package, enough to charge your mobile phones and more. Perfect for everyday use, longer trips and emergency situations.

Features:

Highest quality Li-Pol battery with capacity of 12,000mAh (LTE battery is rated as ~2,000mAh)
    Dual USB outputs to charger 2 devices at the same time
    Give your smartphone up to 95 hours of extra talk, internet, and video time, so you can truly enjoy what your phone can offer
    2.1A output to charge your lte or tablet efficiently
    Compatible with all cell phones with micro USB connection, such as Blackberry, HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc.

the battery comes with a number of different tips. This ensures that it is as universal as possible. In addition to a wall adapter and a cable for charging the battery the system includes tips for Sony PSP, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Nokia, miniUSB, microUSB and, of course, Apple mobile devices. Last year this nice array of tips would have been important. Yes, we’ve all become a bit boring with regard to what we actually carry day in and day out, but something tells me this won’t last for long. I’m not sure what new device will woo each of us, but I have no doubt there will be something.

Input:
    DC 5V/1A
    Output: USB1: DC 5V/1A; USB2: DC 5V/2.1A
    Battery capacity: 12,000 mAh
    Dimension: 5″ x 3″ x 0.92″ (127mm x 76mm x 23mm)
    Weight: 8.9oz (250gram)

this battery is a beast. It has a huge charge capacity and yet it is fairly compact and light. It is also simple to use. There is one button on the top that, when depressed, shows you how much charge is available and begins the flow of current.

On one end you will see the microUSB charging port that will make sure the battery is up to a long, grueling day of use. To the left of it is a 1A USB port. This will charge your lte as ac. On the other side is the 2A USB this charges as a dc current.

And, of course, the battery can be used as a flashlight. The first time I saw an external battery with this feature I was like “Why?” Then I actually started using it and discovered that it comes in rather handy. The light on this one is bright. That, combined with the capacity a fully charged Power Bank will offer would likely mean this light could be turned on at the start of CES 2012 and still be going when it comes time for CES 2013. (Okay not so much, but you get the point.)

This Power Bank 12,000 mAh Battery is a huge battery in a small package. It is well made, feels quite sturdy, packs a punch and has pretty much all the tips you are going to need

see pics.

IMG_20121004_201043.jpg

IMG_20121004_201035.jpg

IMG_20121004_200942.jpg

comes in white and black . here is link to black i bought..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12000mAh-Po...02098?pt=Battery_Chargers&hash=item416ab32ef2

thanks added link to first post for the black. what i bought. they have white too just see his store. but for the price this thing has been a tank.
    Ya there are other sellers. Just type in 12000 mAh battery bank on ebay. Here's another same one in black 25 bucks.

Http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271014202988
    Sent from my Evo Lte!!
    Cool, any idea how many charges that was?

well not 100% sure. i havent charged it in a long time. ive used it a few times on my tablet. she used it 6 times. so it lasted.