[Q] stupid touchpad
well this is going to be a long and convoluted story but I need assistance to repair the damage.
wanted to install the 4.2.2 android on t/p so in the research I see that I needed to increase the cashe for android so in following the steps to webos and installing Tailor through the preware to a 600 bit size. (tailor is a webos preware that allows you to enlarge the partitions for the bootable software, to fit JB 4.2.2 I needed to increase the partition to accommodate)
I proceeded to boot into the android side, found it to be a bit squirreley in its boot up, just looped. went into the TWRP to return to a pre-saved version but that appeared to not load fully or properly. decided to return to webos, and found it to be working strangely also, as it returned to a previous back up that was made days prior not the one I made before the Tailor software.
Attempted to repair by restoring but did not restore. Last thing I wanted to do is wipe out all data, but with the loops and not being able to write any new data to my tablet I took that leap. Webos full erase, chose that option and watched it remove the data, it returned to moboot screen went back to webos and there were no changes. used the webdr to remove the data, it stopped at 12% and told me to go to HP help, and there is none. decided to run the webdr again and the same result every time, stopped at 12% and would not rewrite the HP software.
Some other forums stated I should remove the android, used the ACMEUninstaller software- it ran for several hours (I watched the code on and off-it is hypnotic). After a couple of hours I went to bed, it ran into the night, the morning I returned to the tablet as it blinked on the moboot screen with all the same options- went into webos used the webdr to remove the software, hit 12% and stopped again.
the short of it is, I can not remove any software using the means at my disposal, meaning it will not return to a factory built software but it is not bricked. the apps that are installed appear to function as normal on the HP side, the android apps are a different story, I need to re-install them one by one once I repair the damage to the main software. is there anyone out there that may have a better clue what my next step could be to fix this malfunction. thanks one and all for your suggestion and help.