[SOLVED] HTC Rezound: Fixing Broken Camera Glass

Search This thread

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Hello,

I asked about this on another topic, but I figured it was alittle too off-topic to discuss on there, so I'm starting a new one based on the question I asked. So the camera glass on my Rezound is cracked. NOT THE LENS ITSELF, just the glass that is in front of it. The crack does not show up in pictures, unless the camera lens is aiming directly at a light source. So, is there any way I can fix this, like buy a new glass "cover" for it online somewhere and replace it? And if someone knows how to do this, can you please give me step-by-step instructions on how to replace the glass? I just want to make sure that I don't break anything, as I've never had to take my phone APART before.

I talked to a guy at my local Cellairis stand about this, and he said it is just not possible to do replace the glass in front of the lens (he took off the back cover, took a quick 2-3 millisecond look, and gave it back). Again, I'm no expert on this, but it appears possible to take the red casing on the inside of the phone off, because when you take off the back cover there are 4 miniature screws around the edge of it. So by the guy saying it's not possible, I'm not sure if he meant taking off the back cover and all, or actually finding a replacement glass for it.

I've seen threads on this for similar phones like the Thunderbolt, but I don't want to take any chances in breaking my Rezound because there is probably some differences between a Thunderbolt and a Rezound.

A picture of the camera crack. There are 2 cracks going through, forming an X like shape. I know it is hard to see, the phone I took the picture of it with is not the best camera-phone around (LGL35G):

oaotad.jpg

Same, but in different lighting so it's a bit easier to see the cracks:

10hvcoy.jpg

Here's 2 of the 4 screws I was talking about. These are on the bottom. I took the liberty of highlighting them in Paint for you guys, you should notice them quite quickly:

20078u1.jpg

Last edited:

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Hello,

I asked about this on another topic, but I figured it was alittle too off-topic to discuss on there, so I'm starting a new one based on the question I asked. So the camera glass on my Rezound is cracked. NOT THE LENS ITSELF, just the glass that is in front of it. The crack does not show up in pictures, unless the camera lens is aiming directly at a light source. So, is there any way I can fix this, like buy a new glass "cover" for it online somewhere and replace it?

i believe i may have an extra one

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Is there any damage done to it (especially the glass part that covers the lens)? And how much would you be asking for it?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

tholmes8291

Nov 1, 2010
Kentucky
Google Pixel 4a
I PM'd you last night but I guess it didn't go thru. PM me your address and I'll send you the red back with the glass cover

Sent from my HTC Rezound using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
Well, tholmes very generously let me purchase a middle plate from him. It is perfect. Was the exact fix to the problem. No more glare lines!!! :)

Outdoors scene picture. It was exceptionally bright when I took the picture, which would reveal small glare lines around the bottom left (not as obvious as taking a picture directly looking into a light source, but they were there). Now it looks perfect:

fe0676.jpg

Picture of the camera directly looking into a light source. This would create very obvious glare lines before but now:

30kvig2.jpg

A look through the old cracked camera glass (as best I could) at the same light source as the picture above. You can easily tell where the glare lines would have been just by looking through the glass lens on the old plate:

m7rrj9.jpg

Top Liked Posts