[Q] Can i flash a SM-G900F firmware in the t-mo variant?

Search This thread

francescopp

Oct 23, 2010
Mérida
As the title says, can I flash a firmware from the European qualcomm S5 SM-G900F in my t mobile SM-G900T??

I want to flash the uk version SM-G900FXXU1ANCE since those from europe are mostly bloatware-free (the ones that are not from a carrier)

Aou

Aug 4, 2008
Arizona
As the title says, can I flash a firmware from the European qualcomm S5 SM-G900F in my t mobile SM-G900T??

I want to flash the uk version SM-G900FXXU1ANCE since those from europe are mostly bloatware-free (the ones that are not from a carrier)

Whatever you try, don't flash the bootloaders from any other phone to your device, unless you absolutely know what you're doing.

Otherwise, you might just give it a shot. If you have a good recovery (e.g. TWRP) or something that you can use to get back to stock easily, then there's little risk. Keep in mind that you'll only want to flash the Kernel and the ROM, but you'll want to leave everything else alone (bootloaders and recovery for example).

If by "firmware from...", you mean the odin/kies firmware package, then these typically include the whole shebang. These will probably have bootloaders, recovery, and every partition included. I don't recommend using these unless you know how to dissect them and remove the bad parts.

dynospectrum

Jan 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro

Yes, all ROMs from international S5 forum will work. Just don't flash anything Exynos based as far as recoveries go.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

breni

May 25, 2014
I tried to flash the last firmware from G900F and got fail on ODIN. The thing is, if I use Mobile Odin I'll be able to flash only parts of the firmware. I mean, in order to change only the android, not anything else like bootloader or things that can brick the phone..., which options should I check on Mobile Odin? Kernel, Recovery, System, Cache, Modem, Modem #2, Hidden?
Thanks in advance

petermk10

Aug 9, 2012
hi i have the same issue

Read my first response, only ROMS from the international S5 forum on XDA. DO NOT flash firmware for a different model from SamMobile.
i have the g900t and i want to use g900f firmware unbranded where can i find it and what are the possibility of it to work cause here u say on sammobile isnt going to work ?? thanks in advance

gspears

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix
i have the g900t and i want to use g900f firmware unbranded where can i find it and what are the possibility of it to work cause here u say on sammobile isnt going to work ?? thanks in advance

If you look in the S5 (G900F) threads you will find many, many ROMs. Most of them will work on the G900T. You need to do a lot of reading about ROMs and how to install them. I like Omega ROM and use it on my G900T on AT&T's network.

It's all about research. You will need to read a lot so you understand what you can and cannot do with your device.

Reactions: petermk10

petermk10

Aug 9, 2012
If you look in the S5 (G900F) threads you will find many, many ROMs. Most of them will work on the G900T. You need to do a lot of reading about ROMs and how to install them. I like Omega ROM and use it on my G900T on AT&T's network.

It's all about research. You will need to read a lot so you understand what you can and cannot do with your device.
thanks for your response im currently using cyanogenmod 12 kinda ok maybe ill try the omega rom after finals thanks again for ur answer

gspears

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix
thanks for your response im currently using cyanogenmod 12 kinda ok maybe ill try the omega rom after finals thanks again for ur answer

No problem, but to warn you, Omega is a touchwiz ROM. I'm sure that's part of the reason why it's so dependable. I started off with straight android but I've had a Samsung device since the S2 so I'm used to and enjoy touchwiz.

Reactions: beachbum40

battlpn

Aug 28, 2010
How about the opposite direction? G900T ROM to G900F?

So, I'm in Saudi Arabia and there's a opportunity to buy a G900F. I'm a Tmo customer and would like to flash a G900T rom so I can enable wifi calling. I actually use it quite extensively since I'm abroad.

Any chance that is possible without complications?

I think I saw another thread where someone did this, but had problems with the GPS.

nyepo

Apr 5, 2010
Sorry for bumping this, I've been searching about this but didn't find the specific answer.

Can I install G900FXXU1CPD2 (which is for G900F) into a G900T, just using Odin? I have been reading and I've seen in many places that a lot of roms for the F version would work on the T version, as long as they're unbranded and have nothing specific on them. This one is supposed to be unbranded (Netherlands) without any kind of bloatware or apps from any mobile provider.

What do I need to do in order to flash it and make it work?

My G900T has the last Marshmallow version, and it's 100% T-Mobile stock, no root or anything.

Thank you in advance guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No problem, but to warn you, Omega is a touchwiz ROM. I'm sure that's part of the reason why it's so dependable. I started off with straight android but I've had a Samsung device since the S2 so I'm used to and enjoy touchwiz.