Q&A/T Thread for SlimKat 4.4.4

Search This thread

JAMCx

Jan 23, 2013
random reboots- last issue

Hello:
I am getting random reboots with this One X- sometimes when on wifi and using browser (thought it was Chrome and switched to Dolphin but still happens) the screen locks and reboots phone... sometimes driving to work with the phone on the seat in the same 1/2 mile stretch of road coming from 15 minutes of no cell coverage back into coverage- last time it just rebooted on the seat and then rebooted again immediately and took 5 minutes the second time and Trickster Mod said it was a dirty reboot and reset to default settings (S2W + S2S and pocket mode were only settings)... I have done clean installs of the latest versions of ROMS (CleanROM, CandyKat, SlimKat), used stock kernels and TorchedKK, used Dalvik and ART, even F2FS, restored backups, still happens. Uninstalled Trickster Mod, Chrome. This is a once a day occurrence, give or take.
I can live with it but it bugs me :p
AT&T One X on MVNO.
S-off, H-Boot- 2.14, Radio- 0.24p.32.09.06 (tried older versions as well), TWRP 2.7.1.0.
Anything else to try? Otherwise it works perfectly.
Thanks

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Try the 2.18 firmware. By the way guys, I've been distro hopping and haven't had the time to set everything straight by the weekly release. So tonight's build will be delayed. Along with that, I'll try and sort out all the issues we're having

ToyKalibur

Feb 9, 2011
Grants Pass
FYI... I am still running 6.0 with all functions working flawless but... excessive battery drain.

I am around a charger a lot so that's not a problem for me but I just wanted to give that heads up. I have no issues with wifi or net.

Also installed google camera on the phone and I like it much better. hehe.

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
6.8 will be out in a few hours. Ran into some nasty little bugs, but I am confident this build will be stable

EDIT: Released. Stable, and looks beautiful due to @[MENTION]matthew0776[/MENTION]'s Candy Sweetener Pack. Enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: FSB

tez1

Oct 12, 2009
Sydney
Just installed the ROM and am playing around with it. How can I get the three button menu back on some apps, such as Chrome and Titanium?

ToyKalibur

Feb 9, 2011
Grants Pass
Going to finally upgrade. Should be done this eve or in the morning so tomorrow I will post my findings and....

THANK YOU!:highfive:

All couldn't be better. Installation was a breeze from full wipe. I may need to look for updated GAPPS. Runs fast and smooth. Everything is functioning as it should and trouble free. I finished install Saturday morning and not one hiccup. Even battery consumption is better from the last version I used last which for anyone who don't remember, was 6.0.

At this moment I have no suggestions or troubles with any of 7.0... it is Perfect!

:good::good::good::good::good: Thank You.

Vijaypgupta

Aug 11, 2014
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

SlimKat
slim_op_v05.jpg

For the HTC One XL

Click link here>> [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4][LINARO] SlimKat [evita] <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help.

It's always best to thank a ROM OP in lieu of simply posting "thankyou".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP.
z7e6jQa.jpg

thnx alot

but issues is of camera and nova launcher it gets crashed alwayz...

pls let me knw the issues

ToyKalibur

Feb 9, 2011
Grants Pass
Pandasa, I can confirm what mawoods75 was saying about the AT&T visual voicemail. Since I read his post I had not set it up yet and done so just now. After initial setup, I have no sound on voicemails. I get an error like "Could not play message. Please try again later or call voicemail" I have un and reinstalled the app and I get the same results. I am also on AT&T.

I cannot think of anything else to try atm. I would have posted in that thread but I don't have enough posts yet. LOL

Anywho, Thanks for what you do. :D

Reactions: pandasa123

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Pandasa, I can confirm what mawoods75 was saying about the AT&T visual voicemail. Since I read his post I had not set it up yet and done so just now. After initial setup, I have no sound on voicemails. I get an error like "Could not play message. Please try again later or call voicemail" I have un and reinstalled the app and I get the same results. I am also on AT&T.

I cannot think of anything else to try atm. I would have posted in that thread but I don't have enough posts yet. LOL

Anywho, Thanks for what you do. :D

I have att, but i haven't signed up for the service nor setup regular voicemails, so i can't really test and have no idea how to fix it...maybe try getting a dmesg while using the application

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try the 2.18 firmware. By the way guys, I've been distro hopping and haven't had the time to set everything straight by the weekly release. So tonight's build will be delayed. Along with that, I'll try and sort out all the issues we're having
    Haha thanks @ToyKalibur so much. Idk man, you made my night :)

As for the Google Camera, I'm not sure if I'm allowed because it's a Google Application. I'll try and look into it for you

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created for Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting[/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

SlimKat
    slim_op_v05.jpg

For the HTC One XL

Click link here>> [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4]SlimKat [evita] <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help.

It's always best to thank a ROM OP in lieu of simply posting "thankyou".

z7e6jQa.jpg

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP.
    z7e6jQa.jpg
    As of today, I decided to make AFH our download location for now. I love their service and it feels like the place it belongs. Enjoy!

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=16262
    New build is up in the main thread- Slim Stable 6.0!. Super smooth, super stable. Enjoy!

Changes:

• Fix Topmost feature
    • Fix battery charging percentage color applier
    • Fix Battery stat app
    • TRDS: Fix Volume panel background
    • Add ASCII logo to edify script
    • more translations
    • CM kernel updates