Bluetooth Receiver for Headphones/Stereo

Search This thread

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Curious if anyone has tried one of these or something like it.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8Z492TTP-Bluetooth-Music-Receiver

It is a Bluetooth receiver which allows you to plug into it, a stereo or in my case a pair of nice existing (non-bluetooth) headphones.

I've had bluetooth headphones before, but they were expensive and not all that comfortable. I am not a fan of ear plug type headphones and much prefer a good, well fitting headphone.

I already have a good set at work, were I can completely drown out the noises in the office and concentrate on coding. With the N7 having Bluetooth (the Kindle Fire didn't), this becomes an option for me instead of using my phone.

Note that the picture is a little deceiving since it doesn't have an internal battery and the cable for power which is NOT shown is actually needed.

Attachments

• belkin.png
    belkin.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 421

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
I'd rather buy a real bluetooth headset with controls, mic, etc. but replacable headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/Ericsson-Hi-F...&ie=UTF8&qid=1343307680&sr=1-1&keywords=MW600

You can put any 3,5mm Headphones in this one, mic is buildin.

I still use this to this day! The only other BT headset, also made by Sony Ericsson is the hbh-is800 http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson...-2&keywords=sony+ericsson+bluetooth+hbh-is800

The Mw600 is great because you can use any set of wired headphones in it to create a bluetooth experience! And the MW600 doubles as a FM receiver. The clip on unit is a bit touchy because it uses touch tech to control the volume, but the play and media controls have dedicated buttons which works.

And dependant on your device you connect it to, you can also see track info on the clip. I use it on my Sensation and it works. The track info didn't work on my old Nexus One but I lived without it. :)

Chest3r

Aug 23, 2011
I still use this to this day! The only other BT headset, also made by Sony Ericsson is the hbh-is800 http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson...-2&keywords=sony+ericsson+bluetooth+hbh-is800

The Mw600 is great because you can use any set of wired headphones in it to create a bluetooth experience! And the MW600 doubles as a FM receiver. The clip on unit is a bit touchy because it uses touch tech to control the volume, but the play and media controls have dedicated buttons which works.

And dependant on your device you connect it to, you can also see track info on the clip. I use it on my Sensation and it works. The track info didn't work on my old Nexus One but I lived without it. :)

HBH-IS800 is too pricey, in that category I'd go with an Sony Smart Wireless Pro, also from Sony, but with integrated FM and MP3 Player (you can insert a msdhc card).

But my point was that the MW600 is about ~20 Bucks more and has all the advantaged a real headset brings. Controls (Play/Pause/Track Control/Volume), a Microphone, a Display that shows you caller ID and Playing Track, ..

Salty Wagyu

May 28, 2011
England
Could I put my bog-standard wired headphones into these? The image examples show it being connected externally to a speaker, so I don't know if it has a headphone jack on the receiver.

Would be good if it does, would like to avoid plugging my headphones into the Nexus 7 directly because moving my finger around the screen makes a buzzing noise (interference in the 3.5mm jack from the screen I guess), bluetooth could probably eliminate this.

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
Could I put my bog-standard wired headphones into these? The image examples show it being connected externally to a speaker, so I don't know if it has a headphone jack on the receiver.

Would be good if it does, would like to avoid plugging my headphones into the Nexus 7 directly because moving my finger around the screen makes a buzzing noise (interference in the 3.5mm jack from the screen I guess), bluetooth could probably eliminate this.

If you are referring to the SE MW600 then yes! You can put any standard 3.5mm headphones into the MW600. I use my Shure se215's and they are great!

Funny thing is I have the Amaze beats headphones and the Sol Republic Tracks HD, both have controls on the wires. And I plugged both of them in. While the music came through, neither of the headphone's buttons work. The Amaze headphones do not control the volume or anything and neither do the SOL Republic cans-which I kind of knew anyway because they are for "i" devices.

HOWEVER, using the MW600 I can use the bluetooth unit to stop/pause and volume control on it and it doesn't matter what headphones you plug in. Major win there again by the MW600!! :highfive:

Reactions: Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu

May 28, 2011
England
If you are referring to the SE MW600 then yes! You can put any standard 3.5mm headphones into the MW600. I use my Shure se215's and they are great!

Was actually talking about the Belkin receiver, but scratch that, the MW600 makes more sense! The fact it's portable and doesn't need mains power is a bonus too. Will be ordering that, thanks! :)

edit: I assume it outputs through bluetooth sound from games, video players, etc., and not just music, right?

Last edited:

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
Was actually talking about the Belkin receiver, but scratch that, the MW600 makes more sense! The fact it's portable and doesn't need mains power is a bonus too. Will be ordering that, thanks! :)

edit: I assume it outputs through bluetooth sound from games, video players, etc., and not just music, right?

You know what? I didn't try that. I'll watch a movie and hit up some games tomorrow to test.:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

brycetrem

Dec 24, 2011
Also, a wireless receiver like the airport express works great . Especially if you are networked. I have an airport express attached to 3 home receivers . 2 with optical and one aux. I can stream to all of them synchronized and even use my computer to control each separately and use the nexus as a remote. Only issue with Bluetooth is you need to be fairly close or in line of sight to make it work reliably.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Salty Wagyu

May 28, 2011
England
Got my MW600 today, quite impressed with it, and no buzzing from screen now! Only downside is the audio in MX Player is out of sync by a second, the lip-synch doesn't match with the video, is this easily fixed?

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
Got my MW600 today, quite impressed with it, and no buzzing from screen now! Only downside is the audio in MX Player is out of sync by a second, the lip-synch doesn't match with the video, is this easily fixed?

Did you try playing with the different settings? Like software acceleration or HW acceleration?

I honestly haven't watched the transformers movie with dialog to see if the vids and audio synch. I'll have to report back on Monday.

Reactions: Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu

May 28, 2011
England
Did you try playing with the different settings? Like software acceleration or HW acceleration?

I honestly haven't watched the transformers movie with dialog to see if the vids and audio synch. I'll have to report back on Monday.

Just tried the Transformers movie, lip-synch is spot on. Guess it's just an isolated issue with MX Player, was worried for a moment it could have been because of wireless latency.

Only got S/W decoding available, probably because I'm playing an SD video? Going to try some alternative players.

Edit: working fine in Dice Player :)

Last edited:

bigillz

Jun 30, 2010
I've been using the Jumbl - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJW1HDM/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Much cheaper than the Sony, much smaller, and streams for 10-12 hours per charge. The only drawback is that it doesn't have built-in FM radio. However I gladly trade that for the miniature size and weight (about the size of a quarter, and the weight of 2-3 quarters) ... Clip slides over the seem at the bottom of a tshirt and is plenty to hold it's tiny weight in place. Can hook it anywhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Funny thing is I have the Amaze beats headphones and the Sol Republic Tracks HD, both have controls on the wires. And I plugged both of them in. While the music came through, neither of the headphone's buttons work. The Amaze headphones do not control the volume or anything and neither do the SOL Republic cans-which I kind of knew anyway because they are for "i" devices.

HOWEVER, using the MW600 I can use the bluetooth unit to stop/pause and volume control on it and it doesn't matter what headphones you plug in. Major win there again by the MW600!! :highfive:
    You know what? I didn't try that. I'll watch a movie and hit up some games tomorrow to test.:fingers-crossed:

Just to report back. The answer is YES, bt streaming is for games and movies as well, in the MW600 case anyways :) .