[Kernel][2/03] jac0b.b7.1

Search This thread

jac0b

Aug 23, 2009
Edgewater, FL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Based off Cyanogenmod kernel.
Governors: AggressiveX, InteractiveX, Wheatley, Ktoonservative, Pegasusq, Conservative

I/O Scheduler: SIO I/O scheduler, Deadline tweaked

Other features: Sweep2Wake, increase max readahead buffer, CPU/GPU optimizations, disabled fsync, XZ compression, UV tweaks, GPU OC, Higher FSB, 4.7.3 optimization, Other misc tweaks, MPDecision & Thermal

No need to clear cache also, when you flash it will do it for you. :)

I have also added voltage control branch & CM-10.1 branch. These builds will be in the VC folder for voltage control and CM-10.1 for CM-10.1 of the download page.

Please let me know if you have any bugs or questions.
If you are posting any errors, please include logcat and kmsg if possible. Also please tell me what ROM you are using.

Thanks to rohan32 for all his help.

Code:
b7.1 - latest CM source
b7 - latest CM source, MPDecision, Thermal, GPU OC, tweaked "UP threshold" on some governors to 98%
b6.2 - merged with latest CM source
b6.1 - GPU OC, CPU1 clock follow CPU0
b6 - UV tweaks, Higher FSB, 4.7 optimization
b5.2 - added Pegasusq governor 
b5.1 - merged with CM source
b5 - added Ktoonservative governor
b4 - added multiple features most importantly sweep2wake
b3 - updated to interactiveX v2 
b2.2.1 - hopefully got a stable kernel
b2.2 - removed voltage control for stability
b2.1 - remove governors causing reboots
b2 - corrected cpu clock stepping
b1 - initial release

Last edited:

fcb1

Jul 20, 2011
First! Thank you for the kernel. Ill give it a try later on hopefully

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium App

warri

Jan 9, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
Welcome! Thanks for building this. Downloading now and I'll let you know how it goes. What app do you recommend to set voltages.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

jac0b

Aug 23, 2009
Edgewater, FL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome! Thanks for building this. Downloading now and I'll let you know how it goes. What app do you recommend to set voltages.

I used system tuner to see how far I could lower my volts then created a script that runs at boot to set the voltages. You could also have system tuner do it for you on boot. I just like to make thing complicated :silly:

Reactions: bigballa

tropazr

Aug 26, 2008
Columbus
Sweet! Something new to play with!

Does this kernel support sweep2wake and all of the other features of rohan.kernel?

Franky_V

Jul 20, 2010
In the future, It might be a good idea to post which Linux kernel version each download is for, that way your users know, for sure, If the current nightly is compatible with your kernel. Just a thought!

I'm glad to see some variety beginning to crop up in the evita aosp kernel scene :D :beer: :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Mister J

Mar 6, 2011
Very glad to see some newcomers, thank you very much jacob!

I'll try this out tomorrow or so on AOKP build 4 and tell ya how it goes.

tropazr

Aug 26, 2008
Columbus
No I only took the voltage and SIO from his kernel.

Cool. I'm sure this will only get more feature packed as you continue development!

Welcome to the Original Android Development community! It's good to have you here!!!

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mbh87

Jun 16, 2010
Idaho
For some reason this kernel didn't like my phone. Kept freezing no matter what governor I set it to.

HoSlayer

Apr 22, 2011
Peshtigo
Using interactivex kernel. For the past few hours seems really good and stable. I'll report more tomorrow. Latest cm10 nightly 11/19

Thanks for the kernel, exactly what I was looking for, a stock kernel with enhancements, no oc and excessive tweaks. Thanks man!

jac0b

Aug 23, 2009
Edgewater, FL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Using interactivex kernel. For the past few hours seems really good and stable. I'll report more tomorrow. Latest cm10 nightly 11/19

Thanks for the kernel, exactly what I was looking for, a stock kernel with enhancements, no oc and excessive tweaks. Thanks man!

no problem, glad to contribute.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based off Cyanogenmod kernel.
    Governors: AggressiveX, InteractiveX, Wheatley, Ktoonservative, Pegasusq, Conservative

I/O Scheduler: SIO I/O scheduler, Deadline tweaked

Other features: Sweep2Wake, increase max readahead buffer, CPU/GPU optimizations, disabled fsync, XZ compression, UV tweaks, GPU OC, Higher FSB, 4.7.3 optimization, Other misc tweaks, MPDecision & Thermal

No need to clear cache also, when you flash it will do it for you. :)

I have also added voltage control branch & CM-10.1 branch. These builds will be in the VC folder for voltage control and CM-10.1 for CM-10.1 of the download page.

Please let me know if you have any bugs or questions.
    If you are posting any errors, please include logcat and kmsg if possible. Also please tell me what ROM you are using.

Thanks to rohan32 for all his help.

Code:
    b7.1 - latest CM source
    b7 - latest CM source, MPDecision, Thermal, GPU OC, tweaked "UP threshold" on some governors to 98%
    b6.2 - merged with latest CM source
    b6.1 - GPU OC, CPU1 clock follow CPU0
    b5.2 - added Pegasusq governor 
    b5.1 - merged with CM source
    b5 - added Ktoonservative governor
    b4 - added multiple features most importantly sweep2wake
    b3 - updated to interactiveX v2 
    b2.2.1 - hopefully got a stable kernel
    b2.2 - removed voltage control for stability
    b2.1 - remove governors causing reboots
    b2 - corrected cpu clock stepping
    b1 - initial release
    Just flashed your kernel since I was having crazy battery drain with rohan's latest...but sad to see no sweep2wake (as far as I can tell..."Not found" when I scanned with the latest Kernel Tuner).

Think maybe this could be implemented?

Also- props for the stock freqs, voltages, and no voltage control. Undervolting is a ruse and I'm glad you opted for stability.

Hoping for dat sweep2wake and thanks for your work so far!!

As requested I added sweep2wake.
    b3 is now final
    Congrats on getting this baby up :) Glad you finally fixed all the issues you were encountering.
    Best of luck :D