Where should I preorder the phone in Germany?

Search This thread

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
Saturn and mediamark have the release date to 5 of may! i've pre ordered the z2 from amazon.de. Sended a email for them for some answears, but i guess we all have to wait till may!:(

But some weeks ago they had "15.04.14" as their delivery date, I think maybe just maybe it remains true for the people who already preordered, for the new orders the delivery date is the new date ... 05.05.14 , just some random thinking I know :'(

By the way, has any one of you seen the Z2 in person? I went to the aony center in Berlin and they only had De Z and Z1 on display, and I also went to mediamarkt and Saturn in Alexanderplatz and they don't have a phone to play with, very disappointing :( but of COURSE they had the galaxy s5 [emoji35]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

JmJ17

Dec 16, 2005
Jaen
In Hong Kong the officila release date now is June 2014.

This doesn't sound good. What do you think that will happen in Europe?

In Taiwan it is already on sale.

Hudrator

Only Sony could tell you. :)

If they really plan to wait until June, I will cancel my pre-order at Amazon.

Would be quite disappointing, couse Sony did many things right with this phone ( okay, last year HTC did the same with M7 but didn't seem to help after all...)

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
If it comes in June you should take a look at oneplus one, getting revealed on 23rd April.
But I think it comes latest on 5th may at mediamarkt. Cyberport.de still sais 24th April.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

JmJ17

Dec 16, 2005
Jaen
Only Sony could tell you. :)

If they really plan to wait until June, I will cancel my pre-order at Amazon.

Would be quite disappointing, couse Sony did many things right with this phone ( okay, last year HTC did the same with M7 but didn't seem to help after all...)

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Just HTC did the same: A very very good phone but that was delayed time and time again until it was a failure.

Could this be the same?

Of course, I will cancel the order too if it is delayed to June. Probably will fall again in the S5 :(

Log[]

Mar 6, 2014
If it comes in June you should take a look at oneplus one, getting revealed on 23rd April.
But I think it comes latest on 5th may at mediamarkt. Cyberport.de still sais 24th April.

Any news on Amazon.de. I ordered it there because of the service. Do you think Amazon will have their stock at the same time as Mediamarkt/Saturn?

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
When did you pre-order? Key partners will be delivered first in April. I think if you pre-ordered before the delay was official you will be a lucky one. But no-one, not even Amazon knows when they come.

Log[]

Mar 6, 2014
When did you pre-order? Key partners will be delivered first in April. I think if you pre-ordered before the delay was official you will be a lucky one. But no-one, not even Amazon knows when they come.

Lets hope so :) Ordered 2,5 Weeks ago. I have no Problem waiting till May but June?? I think (hope) only Hong Kong has such a delay....

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
I don't think the delay in Hong Kong is because of hardware faults but because selling in China isn't easy.

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
Could be bad because of warranty if you don't have a German version and if zoll picks it as example you may have to pay much more.

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
*DEAD* Finally! [emoji24][emoji24] A shame that I can't buy one tomorrow, well I'm hoping amazon.de will send our devices this week so that they arrive on Thursday to coincide with the "official release date"

So they delayed the launch here intentionality to make it coincide with the spiderman 2 premiere? [emoji19]

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
I will go there tomorrow and hope I can pay around with a z2 because 679€ is too much if I can get it cheaper or they give some more special. I don't think they delayed it here for spiderman 2

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
I will go there tomorrow and hope I can pay around with a z2 because 679€ is too much if I can get it cheaper or they give some more special. I don't think they delayed it here for spiderman 2

Do you think they are gonna sell them at 679€? I know that in the end Sony.de started charging 679 € instead of the initial 600€ price, but mediamarkt, Saturn and Amazon.de are still asking 600€ for the phone, so I'm not so sure, would you please let me know how much they cost, if you got yours and if it's too much trouble, could you check if they have the phone on display? [emoji15]

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
From Sony themselves it will cost 679€ otherwise they wouldn't have risen the price. Phone on display?

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
From Sony themselves it will cost 679€ otherwise they wouldn't have risen the price. Phone on display?

"Phone on display" is when the phone is available on the store so that the people can see it, play with it... Interact with it :) like on mediamarkt , Saturn... They're a**holes , the phones are on display but all of them are blocked with password ha!

EDIT: I just checked sony's website, and the phone costs indeed 679 eur, the price was gone a couple of days ago, you could only preregister

Last edited:

Sh4dovv

Apr 1, 2014
Did you guys in Germany have any hints to a release date until now?

Still waiting for a date down here in Australia...I wonder if they will just out of the blue announce it within a few days of release like this, or if it will be like UK and have to wait weeks after a timeframe is given

KevinB88

Jun 27, 2011
Berlin
Did you guys in Germany have any hints to a release date until now?

Still waiting for a date down here in Australia...I wonder if they will just out of the blue announce it within a few days of release like this, or if it will be like UK and have to wait weeks after a timeframe is given

In Berlin you can get 1 of 100 z2 on 14th and official release is on 17th April[emoji6]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know it's more convenient to purchase from Germany, however Handtec are very good, they have a 7 day no quibble guarantee and a 30 day returns policy for replacemant or refund, after that your phone has the 2 years Sony warranty.

Not only that but they also use excellent well respected delivery companies & dont forget you getting it cheaper than Sony plus a free wireless NFC speaker SRS-BTX300 ...what's not to like :highfive:

& NO I don't work for handtec :p , i've just used them for many years & they have been excellent for me personally. :)

I have also used Handtech for my last couples of Sony phones (including Z2) and they have always delivered promptly on release day.
    Not that Handtech is much cheaper than if I bought her in Denmark but the free accessories are much more valuable (with the Z1 it was the SW2).
    Btw. the speaker from Handtech is SRS-BTM8.