SmileySMS + Threaded Messaging - v1.68 (updated July 25)

Search This thread

roozbeh

Feb 13, 2004
flickering problem might be becouse of your gif animated files.
maybe deleting one or two frames from them,using gif animated editors will help.

On smartphones also this program should work,bug if it is unlocked!

And about the issue when softreseting ands you no longer see messages.
i've seen this even when using inbox program and without my program.
lotf of times happened that i recieved an sms and after a while i did softreset and everything new were gone!
maybe hibernating and then softreseting will always help!(it must be windows fault,not mine)

pyrognome

Aug 15, 2007
roozbeh,

I would love to use your app, but I would love to see it flash the LED. I need visual queues when i get sms messages. I am in a place where I need to see when I get messages. The thing I love most about your app is that you put the "mark as Read" option on the left softkey. I would love to be able to use your app, but becuase of the following I really can't. I don't wanna let you down and not use it. I guess I would like it if you could use the default notification but include the "mark as read" softkey instead of the default reply and include the contact's image if it is there. sorry for all the requests, but you are all I have.

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl
roozbeh,

I would love to use your app, but I would love to see it flash the LED. I need visual queues when i get sms messages. I am in a place where I need to see when I get messages. The thing I love most about your app is that you put the "mark as Read" option on the left softkey. I would love to be able to use your app, but becuase of the following I really can't. I don't wanna let you down and not use it. I guess I would like it if you could use the default notification but include the "mark as read" softkey instead of the default reply and include the contact's image if it is there. sorry for all the requests, but you are all I have.

I think you better take a look at MortScript. There is an application for the Treo 7x0 versions that makes the LED blink when you recieve an SMS. I'm using this on my Treo 750v and it's one of the best pieces of software on it :D BTW The program is called "Treo Alert Pro".

malatesta

May 15, 2006
NY
I think you better take a look at MortScript. There is an application for the Treo 7x0 versions that makes the LED blink when you recieve an SMS. I'm using this on my Treo 750v and it's one of the best pieces of software on it :D BTW The program is called "Treo Alert Pro".
Actually, something more simple than Mortscript is found right here at XDA and works well just for this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=298637

pyrognome

Aug 15, 2007
I guess I have been explaining it wrong. Sorry for the miss understanding. From reading the forum -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=298637, the flash will be green. My phone already flashes green showing phone status. How would that help?

Just an FYI I have a Sprint Mogul with factory ROM of WM6 Pro on it. I just wanted to know if the app could use the default notification settings for audio and LED flashing but add the contact picture and "mark as read" softkey in.

He has done all of the other hardwork and I appreciate him so much for it. That is just one thing I think would totally complete this SMS master-piece.

Last edited:

ckaidi

May 25, 2007
Singapore
HI,
I could only install it on my atom wm6 aku0.7 after i did alteration to the cab by removing the pre XML. Wonder wat does it do? it prevent the installation.

I would love to see pic of the contact at the noticfication window and with the number of the contacts beside the names too :)

1 bigger issue for me is that this program detect "enter" new paragraph as " < br >" Is this a bug or meant to be like this?

Overall i love this program!!! some small bugs fix and im sure it will be a must have in manys PDA!!! Great job!!

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl
I guess I have been explaining it wrong. Sorry for the miss understanding. From reading the forum -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=298637, the flash will be green. My phone already flashes green showing phone status. How would that help?

Just an FYI I have a Sprint Mogul with factory ROM of WM6 Pro on it. I just wanted to know if the app could use the default notification settings for audio and LED flashing but add the contact picture and "mark as read" softkey in.

He has done all of the other hardwork and I appreciate him so much for it. That is just one thing I think would totally complete this SMS master-piece.

In know we're getting a little off-topic, so this is the last thing I wanna say about this :) The program is indeed ment for the Treo wich doesn't use a LED when there is a Radio signal. However the creator of the programm has a Mogul as well. He made Treo Alert Pro compatible with his Mogul. Maybe this info helps. If you want the link it's right HERE.

roozbeh

Feb 13, 2004
It is really strange as currently my led flashes with this program,but i'll try to fix it soon!

roozbeh

Feb 13, 2004
HI,
I could only install it on my atom wm6 aku0.7 after i did alteration to the cab by removing the pre XML. Wonder wat does it do? it prevent the installation.

I would love to see pic of the contact at the noticfication window and with the number of the contacts beside the names too :)

1 bigger issue for me is that this program detect "enter" new paragraph as " < br >" Is this a bug or meant to be like this?

Overall i love this program!!! some small bugs fix and im sure it will be a must have in manys PDA!!! Great job!!

Can you describe this problem more?
do you see <br> in your sms text?

c_shekhar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2005
@roozbeh!
One small issue:
At the time of receiving a new SMS, when I get the pop-up notification window on my today screen there is no option to view this SMS on full screen. It is many a times very annoying especially when the SMS is big enough.
May be you would like to add this option in the menu list..

pyrognome

Aug 15, 2007
mccune -

Thanx for the insight to that app. I will be taking a closer look at it tonight. TY Ill let you know how it goes with the 6800.

pyrognome

Aug 15, 2007
The app was very spotting when running it on my mogul. The settings would say one thing and and the current settings would say another.

ashmont

Apr 13, 2007
Some suggestions

Hello your program is really good - I particularly like the way it shows the contact picture in the sms notification.
I have some suggestions:
1) In wm6 the icon in the inbox is different to wm5 but if you use the smssmiley form the messages have the wm5 icon. Can this be updated so it doesn't look different from the rest.
2) when you use the smssmiley form delete seems to be greyed out when the message is open. Can it be reenabled? If you turn smssmiley off then delete is available again.
3) with the smssmiley inbox form it would be great if you could click on the number to open up the contact for the user.
4) on the today screen it would be nice to be able to customise which function appears on the left soft key. Mark as read is good but I quite liked having Reply.
5) I think the notification on the today screen would look better if the photo was top aligned rather than centre aligned. If the message is short it doesn't matter but on a long message it doesn't look as good having the picture in the centre.
6) Is it possible to have an insert smiley menu option when composing an sms?
On a different topic could you extend the program to display missed calls in the same way. If you get a missed call all windows does is pop up a message saying you have n missed calls which is hopeless compared to the sms popup (even the standard windows one). I think it would be great in the case where you only had one missed call for the message that popped up to look like your sms popup with the contact photo, name and number (because contact might have multiple numbers) plus date and time of call. Then the right soft key could have options to reply to call, send sms, open contact etc. If there was more than one missed call perhaps a list could be displayed with no photos.

michaelra

Oct 17, 2006
On a different topic could you extend the program to display missed calls in the same way
I think this defeats the purpose of smiley "SMS"... hehe

Is it possible to have an option to let our profiling software does the sound (I have different SMS tones according to a different profile -softer when I sleep, etc) BUT still let SmileySMS handles the notification? (photo contact, menu, etc)

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
fastastic add-on! congratulations roozbeh.

would it be possible to add a menu into the Pocket Outlook text messaging, to ADD smilies into an outgoing message?

Ak-1

Sep 12, 2007
Very nice program thank you

However, just wanted to ask....i am not able to see the smileys wen i am typing text msgs only wen recieveing - is there anyway to see the smileys on the touch as i write?

roozbeh

Feb 13, 2004
Well no update for now,but just for those intrested in donating,i just added donation links ;)

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
*WARNING*

Well no update for now,but just for those intrested in donating,i just added donation links ;)

Drinking & programing is a dangerous combination.

I'll test your donation link later, but all this drinking is going to slow down your software development & updates !! lol.

Any way, thanks again for your efforts with SmileySMS, been working fine for me on WM2003SE & WM5.

w&b

Jun 5, 2006
I'm a fan of changing SMS ring tones for special contacts. I'm using MortRing and the only way to customize SMS rings is to disable the SmileySMS notification.

As far as i know MortRing doesn't play a ring itself but quicky changes registry key that stores the information about ringtone to be played before the system reads it. Maybe there's a way to show upgraded notification, and play the ring usual way.

I liked SMSDrFix different icon in notification area for delivery receipts. It allows you to quickly check whether there was an SMS received.

In fact I have delivery reports turned on only to know, when the message isn't received. The most of times delivery receipt is received just after sending and it simply disturbs me. Maybe you can add an option to play simple ring after receiving report and not to show any notification at all, even as tiny notification icon on the start menu bar. The receipts may be saved as usual in the inbox (or even in deleted items folder) to be able to check when the reply doesn't come quickly.