[Q] Can't unroot

Search This thread

joshw2011

May 4, 2012
I used Super One Click to root my phone a few months ago, only to remove most of the bloatware that came on the phone. My phone now keeps trying to update to the new software, usually only once every 24 hours, but the past week, a few days it has automatically tried updating several times throughout the day. Very frustrating.

Obviously it won't update being rooted. However, I removed the bloatware, so I don't care that it is rooted anymore. I figure I can unroot it and then get the update to work. However, using Super One Click again, it won't unroot. It gets the error "Device does not have Superuser!" I can then proceed to root it with SOC and have it be successful, and try again and get the same error. Any ideas?

And I guess, will unrooting allow me to successfully update it anyways? Thanks!

Haxcid

Jul 16, 2010
Ventura
The phone should update if it is rooted. It will not update if you have CWM installed. You will also get all that lovely bloatware installed back during the update.

Your best bet is to get the lgpnst and v8 tot and update manually then root that and remove the bloatware again.

Reactions: joshw2011

joshw2011

May 4, 2012
Thanks for the help. I'm very new to this, so I don't really know what you're talking about haha. I see some stuff on tot, but what is the lgpnst? If you could link to that and the v8 tot you are talking about and maybe how to use those, that would be great. :)

Haro912

Jul 27, 2011
Pittsburgh
Thanks for the help. I'm very new to this, so I don't really know what you're talking about haha. I see some stuff on tot, but what is the lgpnst? If you could link to that and the v8 tot you are talking about and maybe how to use those, that would be great. :)

Look in the development section :)

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The phone should update if it is rooted. It will not update if you have CWM installed. You will also get all that lovely bloatware installed back during the update.

Your best bet is to get the lgpnst and v8 tot and update manually then root that and remove the bloatware again.