Linux on Android and Linux Deploy Problems

Search This thread

Blue49974

Aug 8, 2012
So before I installed CyanogenMod I had linux running through terminal and vnc viewer on the stock Barnes and noble ROM. But once I upgraded to any CyanogenMod ROM it stopped working and does not let me run commands as root@localhost. Currently I am on CM11 nightly.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 2092952

So before I installed CyanogenMod I had linux running through terminal and vnc viewer on the stock Barnes and noble ROM. But once I upgraded to any CyanogenMod ROM it stopped working and does not let me run commands as root@localhost. Currently I am on CM11 nightly.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using xda app-developers app

So if I have this right, you are SSHing into a linux pc via terminal and VNCing into a linux pc via an app. All fine and good. That shouldn't have any bearing on the linux pc itself if your logging into the linux pc exactly the same as before.

More likely I think your logging in differently in some way, upgraded the linux distro (which changed something), changed something on the linux pc yourself or haven't changed something that needs to change, forgot to switch to root user, or some other thing on the linux pc.

ssh, vnc, rdp, or whatever are basically just a way of bringing the computer to you. What happens there is happening on the computer not the android device.

Blue49974

Aug 8, 2012
So if I have this right, you are SSHing into a linux pc via terminal and VNCing into a linux pc via an app. All fine and good. That shouldn't have any bearing on the linux pc itself if your logging into the linux pc exactly the same as before.

More likely I think your logging in differently in some way, upgraded the linux distro (which changed something), changed something on the linux pc yourself or haven't changed something that needs to change, forgot to switch to root user, or some other thing on the linux pc.

ssh, vnc, rdp, or whatever are basically just a way of bringing the computer to you. What happens there is happening on the computer not the android device.

I am actually trying to run a arm linux system from terminal and VNC into it on the same device (Nook HD). I used 2 apps one is called Linux on Android and the other is called Linux Deploy. This worked on all of the stock roms but non of the CyanogenMod ROMS. Not sure if this is a conflict with the CyanogenMod build or whats up with it.