[Q] Intelliplug

Search This thread

Rotondo

Jan 28, 2014
I google it but i'm not understand very well.

What is intelliplug? It is a type of governor or a improvement for governors?

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013

first you have to understand what hotplugging is. this is my understanding. hotplugs are used for screen off and on cpu usage. example: when the screen is off the cpu only uses a certain amount of cores. when the screen is on it uses all the cores. also it reduces the wake time of your device by ramping up the cpu frequency to get a faster response. they reduce the on screen lag. this was introduced by qualcomm with mp-decision. but mp-decision is a little aggressive.

intelliplug is a hotplug replacement for qualcomms mp-decision. it's supposed to be more "intelligent". it has a set of parameters that's usually not tweakable and set by the kernel. this is why you normally can only enable or disable it. you dont want to use mp-decision and intelliplug at the same time.

hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

first you have to understand what hotplugging is. this is my understanding. hotplugs are used for screen off and on cpu usage. example: when the screen is off the cpu only uses a certain amount of cores. when the screen is on it uses all the cores. also it reduces the wake time of your device by ramping up the cpu frequency to get a faster response. they reduce the on screen lag. this was introduced by qualcomm with mp-decision. but mp-decision is a little aggressive.

intelliplug is a hotplug replacement for qualcomms mp-decision. it's supposed to be more "intelligent". it has a set of parameters that's usually not tweakable and set by the kernel. this is why you normally can only enable or disable it. you dont want to use mp-decision and intelliplug at the same time.

hope this helps.