Force the new 12072 update on Lumia 800

Search This thread

Mio_WP

Mar 13, 2012
Sure, except I hope it is in fact ....8107.12070 ;)

Thats what I did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zulfo

Jul 29, 2008
Thank you!

That was great - just updatet both mine and my girlfriends Lumina 800, and now the volume issue is gone!

Great!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, if you are like me and didn't receive the new 12072 update yet, it's very easy to force it on your Lumia 800. I did it this morning, and my phone is locked and branded, and everything went well, so here is how to make it.
    First, grab the update http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/dflt/2012/04/oemupdate.cab.pks_98ed59ede38f0bd78d153d984fcb96e119de2ccd.cab. It's a cab archive, so don't extract it, just leave it as it is.
    Then download this tool and install the x32 or x64 version according to your configuration.
    Now download this one and simply extract it in a folder. Connect your Lumia to Zune and wait for the sync process to end. Close Zune. Put the .cab file in the same folder than the tool called WP7 cab sender, at the root of the file "WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat", it's important.
    Launch the batch file "WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat", an msDos window should open, asking you to choose a letter for an option: choose the option of your choice but don't forget to make a backup before installing the new update.
    Then you only have to wait for the backup / update to end. Don't close the MS-DOS window before the end of the process. It's done, your phone is now running the new update.
    lumia800-update-batterie-batch.jpg
    bit lost what .cab file do i need to put in folder ? mine is just creating logs ?
    This one
    yep have done that dont get option to update just a message press any key to continue i do and it says reading device then a link to saved log files what am i doing wrong.
    You must extract the archive called WP7+Update+Cab+Sender.zip.
    This will create a folder called the same name: WP7+Update+Cab+Sender.
    Place your cab archive inside this folder, just where is located the file called WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat
    Run this batch file and select option number one, "S ·(S)end Cabs to device"
    The update should then start.
    I PRESS S THEN ALL I GET IS BELOW MESSAGES

moving files to log directory

cleaning usless files

done

press any key to continue

so i press s nothing happens get above message again
    Ok try this: double-clic on the folder called "Tools", then on x64 or x86 according to your configuration. Launch then the file "UpdateWP.exe".

Back in the folder "WP7+Update+Cab+Sender", double-clic on "if needed install this tool", then on "x64" (64 bits) or "x86" (32 bits) according to your config. Finaly, launch "Setup-UpdateWP-x64/x86.exe".

Votre ordinateur est paré pour la mise à jour.
    Hi.

Is necessary to do this update with 100% battery??

No, more than 50% is advised