[Q] Permanent Boot Loop

Search This thread

FraggyDav

Jun 9, 2014
Greetings,

My internal sd card died slowly over time. It failed to mount on some occasions at first. After a few weeks I had massive app crashes.
Everything I did on the phone (installing apps, deleting files, even doing a factory reset) seemed to revert back after rebooting the phone. I mean I delete some files, and after reboot, the files came back from the dead. Same thing for factory reset.

Installing other roms made the situation even worse, and I had to revert back to stock 2.3 rom.

And since last week, the phone is on permanent bootloop. It won't go into download or recovery mode (it used to activate those modes with 3 button combo before).

I tried the USB JIG method. Built a 301k resistor, connected pins to the usb thingie. It did power the phone on, but failed to trigger the download mode. The phone still goes into a boot loop.

Anyone has any ideas? I don't know what more information I can provide about the issue.

Regards,

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
No download mode?
If your phone won’t enter download mode, you can try three things:

• A USB jig. Don’t pin your hopes on this, they rarely succeed in this scenario.

• ‘Jump starting’ – You might need someone else to give you a hand for this. Take the battery out of your phone and wait 30 seconds. Now, press the button combination to enter download mode, and with this combination still depressed, get someone to put the battery back in. Hopefully this will jolt your phone into download mode.

• Take out the phone battery, and re-insert it, but don’t turn the phone on. Now, plug in the charger while holding the volume down button. Keep holding volume down till you enter download mode.
If your phone won’t enter download mode, and will do nothing but get hot when you attempt to do anything to it (charge it, turn it on), then your motherboard is in need of replacement.

Your options
I’ve seen a lot of people, when their Odin flash fails, either:

• Give up. Not a good option.

• Flash a .pit file. That should be used as an absolute last resort. There’s a lot to try before getting to that stage! If a flash of a .pit file fails in Odin, your phone is well and truly unrecoverable, and you will need a motherboard (MB) replacement.

Quoted from a quite by Hopper8, try these steps. Can't really do anything since recovery/download mode is dead. If you can get into download mode, flash a .pit file (get all the files ready beforehand). Be quick, since you don't know when your device will die again.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!

Reactions: rdrai

rdrai

Aug 21, 2013
Spijkenisse
Greetings,

My internal sd card died slowly over time. It failed to mount on some occasions at first. After a few weeks I had massive app crashes.
Everything I did on the phone (installing apps, deleting files, even doing a factory reset) seemed to revert back after rebooting the phone. I mean I delete some files, and after reboot, the files came back from the dead. Same thing for factory reset.

Installing other roms made the situation even worse, and I had to revert back to stock 2.3 rom.

And since last week, the phone is on permanent bootloop. It won't go into download or recovery mode (it used to activate those modes with 3 button combo before).

I tried the USB JIG method. Built a 301k resistor, connected pins to the usb thingie. It did power the phone on, but failed to trigger the download mode. The phone still goes into a boot loop.

Anyone has any ideas? I don't know what more information I can provide about the issue.

Regards,

My little sister had the same problem.
But now the phone is complete dead.
Not booting after bootloop.
No customroms ever installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No download mode?
    If your phone won’t enter download mode, you can try three things:

• A USB jig. Don’t pin your hopes on this, they rarely succeed in this scenario.

• ‘Jump starting’ – You might need someone else to give you a hand for this. Take the battery out of your phone and wait 30 seconds. Now, press the button combination to enter download mode, and with this combination still depressed, get someone to put the battery back in. Hopefully this will jolt your phone into download mode.

• Take out the phone battery, and re-insert it, but don’t turn the phone on. Now, plug in the charger while holding the volume down button. Keep holding volume down till you enter download mode.
    If your phone won’t enter download mode, and will do nothing but get hot when you attempt to do anything to it (charge it, turn it on), then your motherboard is in need of replacement.

Your options
    I’ve seen a lot of people, when their Odin flash fails, either:

• Give up. Not a good option.

• Flash a .pit file. That should be used as an absolute last resort. There’s a lot to try before getting to that stage! If a flash of a .pit file fails in Odin, your phone is well and truly unrecoverable, and you will need a motherboard (MB) replacement.

Quoted from a quite by Hopper8, try these steps. Can't really do anything since recovery/download mode is dead. If you can get into download mode, flash a .pit file (get all the files ready beforehand). Be quick, since you don't know when your device will die again.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
    Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!