[Q] Stuck at Boot / Nothing working anymore.

Search This thread

Invisan

Oct 26, 2012
EDIT:

UPDATED POST AT THE BOTTOM!

Hey guys,

flashed czechops CM 10.2 a while ago everything was running fine.
On Saturday i decided to let the battery drain completely to do a full recharge. That`s when the Problems started.
After booting the Phone up i was stuck in a Bootloop with the Cyanogenmod Logo turning around and around and around and so on.

Okay i thought let`s reboot and see what happens.
Still the same.

I then booted into recovery by holding the x button on the keyboard and power and then when the androind in the triangle showed up using vol + and vol - to get into recovery.

I then deleted the cache and rebooted again (No full wipe to factory default trying to avoid that).

After that the phone turned on saying Android is getting updated Updating Package x of y.

After its done its now stuck in Apps getting started.

After i found out to get to the Bootmenu i decided to check the Recovery Menu there.

I can choose between Motorola Stock Recovery (the normal one i already was on)
and Team Win Recovery.

So i choose Team Win Recovery and thought okay since its not working im gonna install the Update of czechops 10.2
Installing itself worked fine. But now im stuck in the same loops.

Currently im goind a Backup of the System with the Team Win Recovery in the hope i wont loose the data even if what im trying to avoid a full factory wipe.

What kinda poped in my eyes when i started the recovery was that it said E: Unable to locate '/boot' partition for backup.
Could this be the problem which is stopping the phone from booting correctly?

And if so how can i fix it?

Hope anyone can help me,

Kind Regards,

Invi

Last edited:

jonasgitz

May 4, 2012
I had te same problem before doing a clean install.
I don't know why but, if you install the android 10.0 tezet and from there start the gapps, creating a account and installing your apps, you do not have problems to install the 10.2.
Good luck.

Sent from my A953 using xda app-developers app

Invisan

Oct 26, 2012
I had te same problem before doing a clean install.
I don't know why but, if you install the android 10.0 tezet and from there start the gapps, creating a account and installing your apps, you do not have problems to install the 10.2.
Good luck.

Sent from my A953 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the heads up jonas.

Unfortunately its too late its seems. My Milestone is just a stone now it seems.
After trying to install 10.2 12.03.14 and that not working correct after doing a full factory wipe i decided to install cm 11 from czechop.

Unfortunately it seems it failed.

My milestone just boots up and stops at the First Logo. No lights. No chance to get in any recovery mode except the normal one.

Bootloader was working some time but stopped cause the Battery is almost empty.
The Problem is i cant even load the Phone anymore cause as soon as i put it on a charger it boots up and wont get enough battery power to live for a few minutes.

So the only thing left working is the normal Android 3e Recovery. Hope i can do anything from there.

jonasgitz

May 4, 2012
Don't give up.
Your problem it's normal, you fisrt need a global battery charger to recharge your battery.
After it, go to boot recovery, you must turn on the milestone holding " volume down + camera" or "volume up + camera", than you need to uses the RSD Lite to reflash your milestone 2.
Normaly, when do you came from another room, you stay in boot loop, so you need to entery in Miestone recovery, "x + volume down" than after it you do a factory reset. It will boot normaly after that.
To go to boot recovery, you must turn on.
Try harder.
:)
(Guys, lets try to help a little)

Sorry about my poor english

Invisan

Oct 26, 2012
I wont. Already ordered an global battery charger yesterday. In the mail from the store delivery is 7-10 Weekdays.

Good thing i have a second cellphone which i can use in the meantime.

mark13_2001

Feb 27, 2014
i had a similar scenario

Thanks for the heads up jonas.

Unfortunately its too late its seems. My Milestone is just a stone now it seems.
After trying to install 10.2 12.03.14 and that not working correct after doing a full factory wipe i decided to install cm 11 from czechop.

Unfortunately it seems it failed.

My milestone just boots up and stops at the First Logo. No lights. No chance to get in any recovery mode except the normal one.

Bootloader was working some time but stopped cause the Battery is almost empty.
The Problem is i cant even load the Phone anymore cause as soon as i put it on a charger it boots up and wont get enough battery power to live for a few minutes.

So the only thing left working is the normal Android 3e Recovery. Hope i can do anything from there.

hi, I had a similar situation to that earlier today, in that I got to the situation where on boot up I got the Motorola logo then nothing else (I was trying to install C.M. 11 from 10.2 but when it went to install got a message E;// error - verification signature installation aborted), after major panic thinking I'd bricked my milestone, I tried starting the phone in bootloader mode (press camera, volume up and power buttons at the same time) which gives a black screen saying boot loader 70.13 and towards the bottom says boot menu, connect USB, then on your pc find program MOTOROLA SOFTWARE UPDATER (hope you've got it) open the program, it'll say connect a device plug your phone in and let it do it's stuff, takes about an hour (charge your battery using a desktop battery charger beforehand) and your phone will be returned to the stock Motorola rom but at least your phone isn't a brick and you can always start again trying cyanogenmod.
hope this helps

Invisan

Oct 26, 2012
hi, I had a similar situation to that earlier today, in that I got to the situation where on boot up I got the Motorola logo then nothing else (I was trying to install C.M. 11 from 10.2 but when it went to install got a message E;// error - verification signature installation aborted), after major panic thinking I'd bricked my milestone, I tried starting the phone in bootloader mode (press camera, volume up and power buttons at the same time) which gives a black screen saying boot loader 70.13 and towards the bottom says boot menu, connect USB, then on your pc find program MOTOROLA SOFTWARE UPDATER (hope you've got it) open the program, it'll say connect a device plug your phone in and let it do it's stuff, takes about an hour (charge your battery using a desktop battery charger beforehand) and your phone will be returned to the stock Motorola rom but at least your phone isn't a brick and you can always start again trying cyanogenmod.
hope this helps

So i downloaded Motorola Software Updater and RSD Lite + Motorola Device Manager newest Version

Unfortunately my Milestone seems not to be recognized by either Software updater nor RSD Lite.

In the Device Manager S Flash OMAP3630 shows up and is recognized.

Im running Windows 8.1 x64 and on a second Computer Windows 7 x64

What tool can i use ander Linux? Maybe the Phone will be recognized there.

EDIT:

K found it. Doing it with Linux at the Moment. Its working.
Only need to Root it then and after that flash my old Files and hope they are working.

At least i have an old Backup i made from Tezet before going up to 10.2 which i made with Clockworkmod
Hope it will work and not be broken like the one i made with Team Win Recovery.

Anyone knows how i can change stuff in a Team Win Backup?

Last edited:

mark13_2001

Feb 27, 2014
So i downloaded Motorola Software Updater and RSD Lite + Motorola Device Manager newest Version

Unfortunately my Milestone seems not to be recognized by either Software updater nor RSD Lite.

In the Device Manager S Flash OMAP3630 shows up and is recognized.

Im running Windows 8.1 x64 and on a second Computer Windows 7 x64

What tool can i use ander Linux? Maybe the Phone will be recognized there.

EDIT:

K found it. Doing it with Linux at the Moment. Its working.
Only need to Root it then and after that flash my old Files and hope they are working.

At least i have an old Backup i made from Tezet before going up to 10.2 which i made with Clockworkmod
Hope it will work and not be broken like the one i made with Team Win Recovery.

Anyone knows how i can change stuff in a Team Win Backup?

I did find it took a long time for the Motorola software updater (about 20 mins) to detect my milestone 2 (I'm using windows7 x64), I'm thinking the mistake I made when trying to upgrade to CM 11 was I didn't wipe data/cache before trying to install it

Invisan

Oct 26, 2012
I did find it took a long time for the Motorola software updater (about 20 mins) to detect my milestone 2 (I'm using windows7 x64), I'm thinking the mistake I made when trying to upgrade to CM 11 was I didn't wipe data/cache before trying to install it

Hi mark,

well Windows popped up saying N/A
when it should show new Software.
It also couldnt recognize my Cellphone correctly it seemed.
But i flashed it with Linux anyways.

Flashing to tezet`s 10 worked also like a charm
and i could install my Backup i made in december before
updating to czechops 10.2.

Guess after i know what to do now i will try to update to cm11 now.

Reactions: mark13_2001

mark13_2001

Feb 27, 2014
Hi mark,

let us know how you get on as I'm tempted to try again (I do like how CM10 gets rid of all the un-necessary apps but gives you control of all the system parameters) but want to step up to CM11 without having the same problem as before.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi mark,