Data usage warning - unlimited data

Search This thread
I have continually experienced the annoying "data usage warning" notification on my SGH-T999UVU4. The data cap can be adjusted by the handset up to 100 GB for the warning, then anything after that, you still get the luxury of starting at this annoying notification. I have an unlimited plan, download with uTorrent, HBO GO, MAX GO, Hulu+, YouTube, etc... I'm a media whore. I'm averaging about 225 GB per month. T-Mobile does have a cap on the unlimited plan, but it's just shy of 10 TB. Setting this notification after just a week of my billing cycle is pretty disturbing.

Ideas? Mods? Suggestions? Since I have unlimited data, I plan on utilizing it.

Samsung Galaxy S3
T-Mobile (SGH-T999)
Android ICS 4.0.4
Stock firmware
Stock kernel
Clockworkmod ROOT
Unlimited TLK + TXT + Data Family
16 GB internal
32 GB external

Sent via XDA Premium [HD] on Android.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358306865961.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358306865961.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,717
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358306908891.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358306908891.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2,346
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358306924425.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358306924425.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,453
So, since January of 2013, I can see that not too much has changed with my Galaxy handset... I've recently upgraded from the SGS3 to the SGS5.. and in two years, they haven't made some necessary changes with this topic... Yes, even though Unlimited LTE plans are being sold like girls scout cookies to everyone and their children, these dummies still have a generic placeholder for this "limited data capacity" on these handsets. Now, over the past two years with T-Mobile, I average around 100 - 500 GB a month in data usage. I've figured that installing CyanogenMod on my SGS3 to take-over the whole Touch-Wiz GUI did the trick in eliminating this troll notification. However, My SGS5 just came out last month, and I'd like to keep some of the many working features "active"; therefore, switching to AOKP or CM is out of the question.. at least for now. But this issues is still existant... and quite annoying to many people.. (click LIKE to this post if you agree).. So, even after the Original Galaxy S 4G T-959v (more than three years ago) came out with the same 100 GB limit, and the Samsung Galaxy S 3 T-999, about two years ago containing the same 100 GB limit, and the newest flagship Samsung Galaxy S 5 SM-G900T, why is the data cap STILL at 100 GB??? And why on God's green breadboard infested earth can't we disable or alter said function without replacing the entire OS? I've panned this forum and others to try and find a solution, but have found no success. :(

100 GB DATA LIMIT on the LTE enabled newest flagship with an unlimited data play? Seems as though someone made a goof.

2ptv61x.png

Wow, that's a big image!