[Q] Verizon MK2 S4 Stuck After Flashing HDRLS12

Search This thread

RollTide2626

Feb 23, 2014
Atlanta
It's really the most complete and helpful site I think for our phones.

Just remember that since you're on MK2 4.3 that whatever SafeStrap rom you flash must also be based off 4.3 as well, and you will also have to flash MK2 modules zip file as well.

And I'd also like to say for the record since were here.... You're most likely going to want to hold off on the KitKat update from Verizon until there are proven and reliable root methods and SafeStrap is available. .. that is if you want to keep flashing ROMs.
Just my two cents lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good point - thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How did you delete it and reflash? I have the exact same issue, and I can't do anything on my phone. I can access the stock boot screen but everything that I have tried there doesn't work. I can also access "Download" mode and thought maybe I should flash again using Odin?? I dunno.....

BC

You delete ROM slots from within SafeStrap. Just activate your stock slot, then go over to whatever slots you have and I usually formatted and then deleted them. Fairly simple. Then try creating a new ROM slot and reflash the ROM and modules.

You delete ROM slots from within SafeStrap. Just activate your stock slot, then go over to whatever slots you have and I usually formatted and then deleted them. Fairly simple. Then try creating a new ROM slot and reflash the ROM and modules.

I'll give it a try. I'm about to "SafeStrap" this thing to a cement block and throw it into the lake:eek: I'll follow up and let you know if it works.

Thanks.

BC
    99485553 1451

Lol
    Well once you get the hang of it , its fairly easy to use SafeStrap. And unless you mess with the stock slot, its really "Safe"
    Good luck let me know

UPDATE: Hey buddy - I got it fixed yesterday. It's amazing how much you learn by making mistakes. My first mistake was, as mentioned in an earlier post, I got trigger happy and flashed to my stock rom slot instead of setting up a custom slot (stupid me). Looking back, I can't believe I did that. My second mistake was trying to reflash the incorrect stock rom file using Odin. I finally got the correct one from SamMobile.

Anyone having trouble on galaxy phones should check out rootjunky's youtube posts. He's great!! You have to be careful though because he jumps around on different builds. My only question now is whether or not Hyperdrive is compatible with the MK2. Everything I see is for the MDK and others. Is the build number critical or is it more critical to have the compatible recovery or both? I thought I would ask before I try flashing this rom again. Also, any suggestions on compatible MK2 roms would be great. I'm having trouble finding any.

Thanks,

BC
    UPDATE: Hey buddy - I got it fixed yesterday. It's amazing how much you learn by making mistakes. My first mistake was, as mentioned in an earlier post, I got trigger happy and flashed to my stock rom slot instead of setting up a custom slot (stupid me). Looking back, I can't believe I did that. My second mistake was trying to reflash the incorrect stock rom file using Odin. I finally got the correct one from SamMobile.

Anyone having trouble on galaxy phones should check out rootjunky's youtube posts. He's great!! You have to be careful though because he jumps around on different builds. My only question now is whether or not Hyperdrive is compatible with the MK2. Everything I see is for the MDK and others. Is the build number critical or is it more critical to have the compatible recovery or both? I thought I would ask before I try flashing this rom again. Also, any suggestions on compatible MK2 roms would be great. I'm having trouble finding any.

Thanks,

BC

Glad to hear you're back in business!!!
    Hyperdrive is definitely an option for you ..
    Take a look at this thread it has all your options its a work in progress but the op is really good at updating and helping out
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630040
    I have a couple other links I'll send your way too that'll help you in the future hold on...

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

And hers a great list of videos on various things
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2337590

Awesome - What a great source this place is.....Thanks again!!

It's really the most complete and helpful site I think for our phones.

Just remember that since you're on MK2 4.3 that whatever SafeStrap rom you flash must also be based off 4.3 as well, and you will also have to flash MK2 modules zip file as well.

And I'd also like to say for the record since were here.... You're most likely going to want to hold off on the KitKat update from Verizon until there are proven and reliable root methods and SafeStrap is available. .. that is if you want to keep flashing ROMs.
    Just my two cents lol