[Q] Help please my S4 is giving notifications without notifications being present

Search This thread

AndroidCraig

Jun 10, 2011
All,

My S4 non-rooted stock Mk2 has recently started playing the notification sound and vibration without there being an actual notification in the bar. No New e-mails or texts are coming in when this happens and nothing new in the apps being updated.

How can I track it down? It appears at random times not on any discernible pattern.

I'm pulling my hair out looking for what is causing this. Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior? Is it app related? If so what app?

I have Facebook notifications turned off, and I've not installed any new apps around the time this behavior began.

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014
All,

My S4 non-rooted stock Mk2 has recently started playing the notification sound and vibration without there being an actual notification in the bar. No New e-mails or texts are coming in when this happens and nothing new in the apps being updated.

How can I track it down? It appears at random times not on any discernible pattern.

I'm pulling my hair out looking for what is causing this. Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior? Is it app related? If so what app?

I have Facebook notifications turned off, and I've not installed any new apps around the time this behavior began.

I've never experienced that myself, but I'd probably start by assigning different apps to different notification colours. (assuming the issue also causes the notification light to turn on)

I think TouchWiz roms don't have that option, but an app or xposed module may be able to do it like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koo.lightmanager

Depending on how many apps you have, you could start by e.g. assigning half to red and half to green. Then when it happens you'll know which half contains the app causing it. Then you can split that half in half again, etc...

AndroidCraig

Jun 10, 2011
I've never experienced that myself, but I'd probably start by assigning different apps to different notification colours. (assuming the issue also causes the notification light to turn on)

I think TouchWiz roms don't have that option, but an app or xposed module may be able to do it like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koo.lightmanager

Depending on how many apps you have, you could start by e.g. assigning half to red and half to green. Then when it happens you'll know which half contains the app causing it. Then you can split that half in half again, etc...

Thanks, I'll give that a try.