Yellow tint in the lower half of screen?

Search This thread

samppis

May 17, 2014
I have looked now from THREE different stores and cannot find anything else but yellow displays.

The week numbers of the tested units vary from 14W16 to 14W20. All just as yellow as my first bad example.

How can this be possible? Does anyone have a neutral white display without tinkering with the white balance settings?!

adeelraj

Oct 16, 2011
Karachi
Its normal with ips screens
Nexus 4 had this issue
Also my a870k has the same issue

Sent from my IM-A870K using Tapatalk 2

samppis

May 17, 2014
Yes I understand, but I have seen two very good units with 100% neutral screens. It just seems like the good ones are a very small minority...

The_Rick

Mar 7, 2009
Also had issues with the screen of my black z2 unit. I had a yellow spot on the left edge, in the superior half of the display. First i wasnt sure, as it was barely noticeable, with time it turned darker and darker, getting in the end brown/purple.i then noticed a slight yellow spot also on the right side of the screen. Returned my unit to the seller, still waiting for answers. My unit also had problems with call quality.

Aa for the yellow spots, its the same problem i had with my htc one x first and with the htc one x+ then -.- Dont getting rid of it since 2 years :p

ramto_8

Apr 6, 2012
I had the same problem too when I brought my phone. I did change the white balance settings to make it better.

However after about 2 weeks of use white started looking more blue so I restored the settings to default and it was much better now :D
Maybe its has something to do with the phosphorus in the screen ?!

... or maybe my eyes :eek:

ZPaul2Fresh8

Mar 23, 2012
Millbury, OH
I had the same problem too when I brought my phone. I did change the white balance settings to make it better.

However after about 2 weeks of use white started looking more blue so I restored the settings to default and it was much better now :D
Maybe its has something to do with the phosphorus in the screen ?!

... or maybe my eyes :eek:

Did anybody stop to think that maybe it's just the adhesive between the digitizer and display? Since Sony is behind schedule I'm sure they are cranking these out faster than normal... just an optimistic thought though.

ramto_8

Apr 6, 2012
Did anybody stop to think that maybe it's just the adhesive between the digitizer and display? Since Sony is behind schedule I'm sure they are cranking these out faster than normal... just an optimistic thought though.

Maybe it like you say, the adhesive layer may need time or heat!!! Does anybody else had the same experience as me ??

SkyWalker1726

Sep 11, 2009
Having the Same Problem with my screen , setting the Quoted values in WhiteBalance , made the screen Tolerable but i'm worried about it getting worse .
i remember my friend Xperia S had the same issue when he bought it , it did turn to brown after a while .
for a 500~600 Euro device , i did expect a better QC

blyndfyre

May 26, 2013
Calgary
Having the Same Problem with my screen , setting the Quoted values in WhiteBalance , made the screen Tolerable but i'm worried about it getting worse .
i remember my friend Xperia S had the same issue when he bought it , it did turn to brown after a while .
for a 500~600 Euro device , i did expect a better QC

My phone is beautifully white. However looking at certain angles gives a darkened appearance, which I suspect is somewhat inherent of IPS displays.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have yellow tint on mine as well, just got it yesterday.

White balance was at default 0,0,0

set red > 0
    green > 100-110
    blue > max 255

and youll get a cool white display without yellow tint :)
    No yellow tint at all on mine.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Yeah just out of curiosity i set mine to the numbers provided, it looks horrible, your display must be defective

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2