So I just got a brand new Z1c for 70 Euro, what do I do now?

Search This thread

mileleku

Jan 20, 2013
Okey I'm sorry for the bragging, but man 70 Euros seemed like a good deal to me^^

Before I update to the newest official ROM from the preinstalled 4.4.4, should I backup/unlock or do whatever to the device for keeping the full compatibility if I ever wanted to root/flash a new ROM to it?
Or is it safe to just update to the newest Firmware at first?

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Okey I'm sorry for the bragging, but man 70 Euros seemed like a good deal to me^^

Before I update to the newest official ROM from the preinstalled 4.4.4, should I backup/unlock or do whatever to the device for keeping the full compatibility if I ever wanted to root/flash a new ROM to it?

If brand new you should get ota notification. I would just go with it. There are some nice KK custom ROMs, but for stock, you're better off with 5.1.

May 12, 2016
Berlin

Hey! Sorry it's not really part of the topic here but I could get one for the same price although used. Would you recommend getting it for that amount of money? Are you happy with it although it might be a bit outdated by now? Thanks in advance!

ryanperez

Aug 21, 2013
Hey! Sorry it's not really part of the topic here but I could get one for the same price although used. Would you recommend getting it for that amount of money? Are you happy with it although it might be a bit outdated by now? Thanks in advance!

If I would be the asked, If it is brand new then sure! z1 compact is powerful than most midranger atm :)