Search This thread

Avalaunchmods

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2010
Kentucky
============================================================================================================================================================================
Ginger-AleV1 Beta (AKA Ava-FroyoZ4) Public Beta download is located here Ginger-AveV1
============================================================================================================================================================================

READ THE WHOLE OP

Im proud to release,The first, 100% fully functional 2.2 Sense for the HTC Evo.

Working-EVERYTHING!!! :D

Welcome to Ava-Froyo Z3. I will have uploaded this screencast from shootme. It is in NO WAY an indication of the performance you will receive with this rom it is only to show you the visuals of this rom.

Whats this rom look like?

Please view This Thread To fix Downloads that wont play in music apps (i.e. Rhapsody, Mog, Thumbplay) and to get faster 3G speeds

Extras in post #3

Please read everything mainly the read-me if you would like hulu

For beginners- Please go to the sticky threads and read how to ROOT your Evo and Flash a RECOVERY to your phone. If you download rom manager from the market you can easily install clockworkmod recovery but you must be ROOTED

What does this rom have?
V3 changes-
-Added a moderate theme to enhance aesthetics.
-Custom icons (originals by esk0droid)
-Custom lockscreen
-Gingerbread animations (subtle changes)
-Jit table raised from 16 mb to 32 mb >MASSIVE performance boost
-pre-set autokiller with month tested memory settings for the absolute best performance/battery life combo
-added caulkins mms fix (Must flash zip from SDCARD if you want this applied)
-enhanced frameworks by commenting out all gsm parts
-removed any service that shouldnt be running
-Automatic autostart killer on pointless things
-faster 3G! and even faster if you apply the HTTP fix listed later.
-Possible fix for wifi distance strength
-updated apps
-removed gvoice
-fixed dsp manager cpu peg
-Other bug fixes

-Removed some more sprint apps (All apps folder is on your SDCARD)
-Fixed adobe and Bluetooth exit FC's
-Reworked my own data throttle fix
-Added a new clock (thanks Stoney 666)
-Included the most useful system options in taskbar
-Frameworks tweaked even more
-Faster Video encoding for 720p video shooting (works best with modified kernel)
-added home clear app to easily change from sense to 2.3 launcher
-more blue! :D
-Better battery life
-Fixed audio flinger cpu peg which secretly haunted Z1
-adding more options to third page
-Stock EQ for the richest audio
-DSP Manager for changing the Sound even more
-A completely reworked Rosie (UI) for the fastest and easiest use of your device
-Power controls with custom color lights* in the taskbar (Special thanks to JSchisurf)
-4 in 1 reboot menu
-Working wifi tether
-Tweaks for radio options
-Speed tweaks to 3G and 4G assuring the best speeds possible
-Voice quality improvements including higher bitrate
-HD wallpapers+icons
-Smooth Blue theme with a touch of green
-Newest OTA
-.5 millisecond animation transitions
-Newest Market
-Smoother video recording and playback
-Full Hulu experience
-Flac audio support
-Gingerbread launcher with links to correct phone applications.
-Themed stock widgets to support the roms feel
-Pre-set Applications including Auto-Killer and Spare parts
-Modified system for Hulu (meaning you can update flashplayer in market and keep using hulu)
-Completely new frameworks
-Gingerbread Keyboard
-Special thanks to aamikam for the small size base and removing languages
-Much more

Quick READ-ME

-HULU will have low voices stock, To ensure the best audio for all file types.
-If you would like to Use HULU just Flash the zip file FLASH_ME_FOR_HULU.zip that is on your sdcard after you flash the rom
-Removed applications will be in a folder called All Apps on your sd-card
-If you would like to use the gingerbread launch just go to settings/application/manage/ and clear defaults for HTC Sense
-You must have the two newest radios (Radio-2.15.00.11.19 and wimax-27167_R01) to use this rom.
-i will be adding more themes and a stock option to the third page soon

Before you scroll down please be sure you have the two newest radios flashed!

Ava-FroyoZ3 is has many many enhancements so i must insist that you do a full wipe, of course this is not a pre-requisite but it will provide the best most error free use of my rom.

Ava-FroyoZ3 <<<i think we melted mediafires servers ;)

Mirrors Thanks to dadoc

http://www.fileserve.com/file/wC3YzjY

http://www.filesonic.com/file/62303991/Ava-FroyoZ3.zip

No more SBC for Netarchy's 4.3.1. I find this kernel to be the most reliable and performance increasing. It is in beta but still is the most reliable.

Overclocking Kernel

If for you would like apps2sd please ENSURE YOU HAVE AN EXT PARTITION If you do not then it WILL CORRUPT YOUR SD CARD. just flash the attached file and you will enable apps2sd (Thanks darktremor)

Enable Apps2SD

attachment.php

Lastly, i can not be blamed for bricking or anything that may happen. follow my instructions and you should be set.

Special thanks to Sprint, Google, and HTC for the amazing work they did. Super special thanks to Sprint for finally listening to customers and proving they ARE the best network :)

HTC please dont sue me ;)

I will be adding multiple themes to post #3 Please give me time to get them all ready.

Attachments

• snap20101224_173717.jpg
    snap20101224_173717.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 14,941
  • snap20101224_173713.jpg
    snap20101224_173713.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 14,036
  • snap20110121_043858.jpg
    snap20110121_043858.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 51,666
  • snap20110121_043906.jpg
    snap20110121_043906.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 9,624
  • snap20110121_043912.jpg
    snap20110121_043912.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 9,340
  • snap20110121_043921.jpg
    snap20110121_043921.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 8,552
Last edited:

Avalaunchmods

Jan 6, 2010
Kentucky
EXTRAS

Read-Me

For all of these add-ons i post here, they are as simple as flashing via any recovery and rebooting the rom.

I use the simplest scripts and the full files to cut down on errors and allow universal use by all users on all roms.

============================================================
HTC Sense Modifications

Stock Rosie and Colors
This will revert Ava-FroyoZ3 back into the stock look. You will keep all the benefits of the rom. This is only a Visual Modification

Stock HTC Sense

Ava-Rosie with 4 Apps in All-Apps Grid
This will keep the full theme and look of the rom, It will only change how many applications are in the all-apps row. This is only a Visual Modification.

4 App Rosie With Theme

Ava-Rosie with 3Apps in All-Apps Grid
This will change the apps in a row to 3 instead of 4 or 5. This is only a Visual Modification.

4 App Rosie with Theme

Transparent App Drawer
This will make the app drawer fully Transparent. This is only a Visual Modification

http://www.4shared.com/file/Q8rVo6HC/Transparent_Rosie.html?

Full Framework Modifications

Battery Icon With Percentage
This will add numbers (i.e. 1,2,3,4) to the battery icon of Z3 for ease of use. This is a Visual Modification only.

Battery Stat with Percentage

Gingerbread Status Bar
This will modify your status bar to have the icons from Gingerbread 2.3. I will be adding a much more comprehensive theme of this soon.This is a Visual Modification only.

Z3-GingerStatus

Z2 Theme
This will modify the status bar, and many more visual effects to make the rom look like the theme from Ava-FroyoZ3

Z2 theme for Z3

This is just the beginning. i will be adding user created themes and my own creations to give anyone and everyone the best possible experience. I will also be adding snapshots of each very soon.

TO DISABLE ANY THEME/MODIFICATIONS FROM YOUR ROM JUST FLASH THE ORIGINAL AVA-FROYOZ3

This is just the beginning. Please share your ideas and i will continue to add anything i can to improve the rom!

Last edited:

EtherealRemnant

Booted and running. First, it does not flash with clockwork. Second, some apps aren't in the market including tapatalk which I paid for. Boot animation kicks ass. And first boot wasn't really that long. Testing is needed. :) and I miss my close button on the HTC keyboard. But wow. Sense and froyo and working front cam. Nice!

bcnice20

Dec 10, 2009
south va.
Booted and running. First, it does not flash with clockwork. Second, some apps aren't in the market including tapatalk which I paid for. Boot animation kicks ass. And first boot wasn't really that long. Testing is needed. :) and I miss my close button on the HTC keyboard. But wow. Sense and froyo and working front cam. Nice!

Hmm it flashed just fine for me with clockwork this is great I just wish HTC would have revamped sense a little please don't forget about aosp froyo still like it better sense just isn't for me but im gonna run this all day today put it through its paces and ill report bag with any findingsg

O yea get a froyo version of HTC IME mod and turn off the smiley hack and yall have your close button back

Last edited:

bcnice20

Dec 10, 2009
south va.
It appears to be using an older version of market looks just like 2.1 market

Nvm its the 2.2 market just looks slightly different

Last edited:

anmaymap

May 5, 2010
A simple Thank you.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work( the whole 8 hours).

Result from 7 hours of playing with this.

some issue.
1) no voicemail apps( can easily fix by install sprint vm or use google voice)
2) no led notification.
3) EVDO takes a little long to show up after a reboot. ( above 3 minutes for me for some reason.)
4) think this is with froyo, have to manually setup Yahoo email account while setting up email.
5) still no camera but hey at least I can do front self portrait and video chat(yay).

great Rom over all. battery life is pretty good. 4 hours and I just go down 8% which if using normal HTC would drained me down to around 60%.

Last edited:

luvtorev

Apr 14, 2009
Danbury, Connecticut
Great job and thank you very much for the hard work. I haven question, I just flashed the Undervolted kernel v5.1.1 for use with 2.1 (Eclair) over fresh Rom and now I want to try this room, so what should I do next? Flash a stock kernel (where can I find it) before flashing this Rom or just flash this Rom over my current kernel? Thank you very much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ginger-AleV1 Beta (AKA Ava-FroyoZ4) Public Beta download is located here Ginger-AveV1

READ THE WHOLE OP

Im proud to release,The first, 100% fully functional 2.2 Sense for the HTC Evo.

Working-EVERYTHING!!! :D

Welcome to Ava-Froyo Z3. I will have uploaded this screencast from shootme. It is in NO WAY an indication of the performance you will receive with this rom it is only to show you the visuals of this rom.

Whats this rom look like?

Please view This Thread To fix Downloads that wont play in music apps (i.e. Rhapsody, Mog, Thumbplay) and to get faster 3G speeds

Extras in post #3

Please read everything mainly the read-me if you would like hulu

For beginners- Please go to the sticky threads and read how to ROOT your Evo and Flash a RECOVERY to your phone. If you download rom manager from the market you can easily install clockworkmod recovery but you must be ROOTED

What does this rom have?
    V3 changes-
    -Added a moderate theme to enhance aesthetics.
    -Custom icons (originals by esk0droid)
    -Custom lockscreen
    -Gingerbread animations (subtle changes)
    -Jit table raised from 16 mb to 32 mb >MASSIVE performance boost
    -pre-set autokiller with month tested memory settings for the absolute best performance/battery life combo
    -added caulkins mms fix (Must flash zip from SDCARD if you want this applied)
    -enhanced frameworks by commenting out all gsm parts
    -removed any service that shouldnt be running
    -Automatic autostart killer on pointless things
    -faster 3G! and even faster if you apply the HTTP fix listed later.
    -Possible fix for wifi distance strength
    -updated apps
    -removed gvoice
    -fixed dsp manager cpu peg
    -Other bug fixes

-Removed some more sprint apps (All apps folder is on your SDCARD)
    -Fixed adobe and Bluetooth exit FC's
    -Reworked my own data throttle fix
    -Added a new clock (thanks Stoney 666)
    -Included the most useful system options in taskbar
    -Frameworks tweaked even more
    -Faster Video encoding for 720p video shooting (works best with modified kernel)
    -added home clear app to easily change from sense to 2.3 launcher
    -more blue! :D
    -Better battery life
    -Fixed audio flinger cpu peg which secretly haunted Z1
    -adding more options to third page
    -Stock EQ for the richest audio
    -DSP Manager for changing the Sound even more
    -A completely reworked Rosie (UI) for the fastest and easiest use of your device
    -Power controls with custom color lights* in the taskbar (Special thanks to JSchisurf)
    -4 in 1 reboot menu
    -Working wifi tether
    -Tweaks for radio options
    -Speed tweaks to 3G and 4G assuring the best speeds possible
    -Voice quality improvements including higher bitrate
    -HD wallpapers+icons
    -Smooth Blue theme with a touch of green
    -Newest OTA
    -.5 millisecond animation transitions
    -Newest Market
    -Smoother video recording and playback
    -Full Hulu experience
    -Flac audio support
    -Gingerbread launcher with links to correct phone applications.
    -Themed stock widgets to support the roms feel
    -Pre-set Applications including Auto-Killer and Spare parts
    -Modified system for Hulu (meaning you can update flashplayer in market and keep using hulu)
    -Completely new frameworks
    -Gingerbread Keyboard
    -Special thanks to aamikam for the small size base and removing languages
    -Much more

Quick READ-ME

-HULU will have low voices stock, To ensure the best audio for all file types.
    -If you would like to Use HULU just Flash the zip file FLASH_ME_FOR_HULU.zip that is on your sdcard after you flash the rom
    -Removed applications will be in a folder called All Apps on your sd-card
    -If you would like to use the gingerbread launch just go to settings/application/manage/ and clear defaults for HTC Sense
    -You must have the two newest radios (Radio-2.15.00.11.19 and wimax-27167_R01) to use this rom.
    -i will be adding more themes and a stock option to the third page soon

Before you scroll down please be sure you have the two newest radios flashed!

Ava-FroyoZ3 is has many many enhancements so i must insist that you do a full wipe, of course this is not a pre-requisite but it will provide the best most error free use of my rom.

Ava-FroyoZ3 <<<i think we melted mediafires servers ;)

Mirrors Thanks to dadoc

http://www.fileserve.com/file/wC3YzjY

http://www.filesonic.com/file/62303991/Ava-FroyoZ3.zip

No more SBC for Netarchy's 4.3.1. I find this kernel to be the most reliable and performance increasing. It is in beta but still is the most reliable.

Overclocking Kernel

If for you would like apps2sd please ENSURE YOU HAVE AN EXT PARTITION If you do not then it WILL CORRUPT YOUR SD CARD. just flash the attached file and you will enable apps2sd (Thanks darktremor)

Enable Apps2SD

attachment.php

Lastly, i can not be blamed for bricking or anything that may happen. follow my instructions and you should be set.

Special thanks to Sprint, Google, and HTC for the amazing work they did. Super special thanks to Sprint for finally listening to customers and proving they ARE the best network :)

HTC please dont sue me ;)

I will be adding multiple themes to post #3 Please give me time to get them all ready.
    ok first off, i am happy i got you cowards worked up. obviously its not a user error if the guy right after me had the same problems. Ive had this rom flashed since late Jan, and it just started happening a couple weeks ago. So it's a isolated error on my fault? When the other people are having it. . I appreciate the work ava does, but it sucks having a rom that automatically defaults to local china time.
    I have flashed over 10roms for my evo, and know how to ** do a data wipe and clear devlik cache

I would love for you to email with issues as this is the first i have heard of anything like this at all. btw this would be an issue with htc location services.

Now update on some things, Im in college and im in the last two semesters, meaning 4 classes a week, i work full time and go to school 50+ miles away. sooo i stay busy

Believe me i have not forgotten about you all, and i have been working on Z4 for many weeks. If you have not noticed, Evo=Hero forums, as in every rom has amazing features and all the devs are incredible. I started Ava-Froyo because it was what i use and it was different. Now theres not much except themes to set a rom apart from the rest.

Z3 has done everything i want and i am slowly adding features, improving battery life, reliability, and performance. Z4 WILL be the last rom i make for the evo because its just not possible to set a rom apart from the rest with performance alone. I like things simple and clean and i wont theme it to death so it will slowly drop off into oblivion.

As always i encourage you all to EMAIL ME with any issues, idc if its a comma in the wrong place somewhere, I stay too busy to check xda and my website. i will be posting an editorial for beginners to android soon, along with my rating of the best apps.

I want to thank everyone for their support and help. This is just my little way of telling you all that things have slowed down, but im not gone yet.
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Enjoy your night and tom. Im off to relax. I have 2 weeks up until 6 am everyday in this rom so any issues at all please contact me via email so i can fix.

Thanks everyone for testing! enjoy!
    well there she is.

I have countless hours in Z3 from the day Z2 was done. i hope you all enjoy it and continue to give me new ideas for future releases.

This is by far the best performing rom i have released.

enjoy!
    Hey everyone

Im staying busy, playing with some gingerbread trying to see where to take Z4. I have themes ready and going to release when i verify i have covered every icon.

Any ideas feel free to email me and ill see what i can do!