Full root for A10x and A5xx ICS. Simple method.

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Full root for A10x and A5xx ICS. Simple method. I used this methad to root my wifes Acer Iconia A100 and to install CWM and running ICS. She brought to my attention that she keeps notifications gabout an OTA update. So I thought since I was not running a custom rom and was only rooted that I would have no problem d/l and installing the update. After trying to install the update from update.zip in sdcard it failed so I thought it might have something to do with signiture verification so I toggled and disabled the signiture verification and tried to install the update zip again and still no joy. I am at the end of my knowledge can anyone assist me?

Way late I know, but if this still needs an answer for you, its because CWM can't be used to flash the sigined OTA update, you'll need the stock recovery to flash the update. If you want to take the update for some reason, you'll want to follow the guide to return to full stock then update it then maybe root again after, I think the latest update may have broken the method previously used to root, though, so be careful.

dtiger1138

Jan 7, 2015
I have tried the method posted here to root my A100, but keep getting an error. It is not working, and any other method that i've come across also fails. I've attached a screencap of the error i get while using @ZeroNull's method. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• root.png
    root.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 624

GreenFriar

Dec 18, 2018
Enola, PA
Not Getting far when running the windows bat file

Getting the following error when I try to root with this guide. I'm using an a500 running 4.0.3 (the original OTA update from Acer). Debugging and Allow 3rd party applications are both checked.
Here's what happens:

Full root for A100, A500 and A510 ICS. Simple method.
-
-
Device connected. Preparation for executing of the main script.
push: tools/su -> /data/local/tmp/su
push: tools/runit.sh -> /data/local/tmp/runit.sh
push: tools/mount.sh -> /data/local/tmp/mount.sh
push: tools/getroot.sh -> /data/local/tmp/getroot.sh
push: tools/delroot.sh -> /data/local/tmp/delroot.sh
push: tools/busybox.sh -> /data/local/tmp/busybox.sh
push: tools/busybox -> /data/local/tmp/busybox
7 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
1090 KB/s (803082 bytes in 0.718s)
cannot create '.\mempodroid': No such file or directory
The file "mempodroid" isn't created!
-
Not getting root! :(
-
Error!

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong and hopefully a way to fix it?

TIA.
GreenFriar

manjulapra

Oct 4, 2011
Stuck.....

Getting the following error when I try to root with this guide. I'm using an a500 running 4.0.3 (the original OTA update from Acer). Debugging and Allow 3rd party applications are both checked.
Here's what happens:

Full root for A100, A500 and A510 ICS. Simple method.
-
-
Device connected. Preparation for executing of the main script.
push: tools/su -> /data/local/tmp/su
push: tools/runit.sh -> /data/local/tmp/runit.sh
push: tools/mount.sh -> /data/local/tmp/mount.sh
push: tools/getroot.sh -> /data/local/tmp/getroot.sh
push: tools/delroot.sh -> /data/local/tmp/delroot.sh
push: tools/busybox.sh -> /data/local/tmp/busybox.sh
push: tools/busybox -> /data/local/tmp/busybox
7 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
1090 KB/s (803082 bytes in 0.718s)
cannot create '.\mempodroid': No such file or directory
The file "mempodroid" isn't created!
-
Not getting root! :(
-
Error!

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong and hopefully a way to fix it?

TIA.
GreenFriar

Hi @GreenFriar. I am stuck for days having the same issue. Because the threads are so old, I am not getting answers. Did you manage to root you Iconia? Please, if so, help me out!

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to stock ICS for A100/A101 (or stock ICS A500/A501/A510 for other tablets).
    2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
    3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer (Before connection it is recommended to update the driver for a tablet from here: A10x, A50x, A510).
    5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programs:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup
    At first it is necessary to start the Superuser program, at least 1 time after receiving root. And only then programs that require root access.

ATTENTION!
    Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

Change:
    The error of final check of receiving root is corrected (The messaging that "root" isn't received, though it was not so)
    Support of A510 of tablets is improved

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

List of rooting versions:
    New - ICS_rooting_A10x_A5xx.zip
    Old - ICS_rooting.zip

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary. :)
    PS2: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!
    PS3: This method does not work on the A511 tablets
    This also works on the new Acer Iconia A510!!!!!

Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).
    How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS for A100.
    2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
    3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
    5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!
    Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary. :)
    PS2: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!

Just so everyone knows, this root kit also works on the new Iconia A510.
    I just got my Acer Iconia A510 from Amazon this morning and decided to install the USB drivers and tried this rooting kit and low and behold I got full root access. :D:D:D:p:p:p

Thanks ZeroNull!!!!
    Always please!

Not at all :D
    I was afraid that something was translated incorrectly. But now everything is all right! :)
    We do have recoveries, CWM and TWRP, not sure what you are offering? Unless you mean a way to install them without unlocking, which is fine, but we lose use of recovery entirely that way. Or I'm just not understanding, in which case I apologize, I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

Ah, right, that's what I was offering, sorry. No need for that then :)
    is this a permanent root? or temporary? it give r/w permission on system folder?
    Permanent :)