Disable auto low brightness on low battery

Search This thread

CyberT3

Nov 19, 2010
When my battery reaches 5% the screen dims (probably to the lowest brightness possible) so much that when outside the phone is not usable because I can't see anything and the brightness slider from the notification bar disappears. Is there a way to disable this? btw power saving is turned off.

Also does anybody knows if the phone slows down cpu/gpu when on low battery because I've been playing some games on low battery and I think they were a bit "laggy" but power saving was turned off.

Robsen87

May 20, 2012
Also trying to find a solution since more than 1 week. Until now i've no clue :(
Thats really annoying an i hate Samsung for that - It's strange because my girlfriend owned a S3 and she don't have this :silly:

vlad2277

Nov 19, 2009
Brooklyn
Also trying to find a solution since more than 1 week. Until now i've no clue :(
Thats really annoying an i hate Samsung for that - It's strange because my girlfriend owned a S3 and she don't have this :silly:

I hate this feature as well, but it's on all phones that run android
It's built into the system
At 5% power, brightness goes to minimum
It's good feature, but when you have extended battery, it's really annoying with still a lot of power left. Screen becomes pretty dark.
And the fact that power of extended battery does not show correctly, it's 5% us not even like 10, but could actually be like 20, makes it even a bigger problem

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

vlad2277

Nov 19, 2009
Brooklyn
There's no actual way to override low power at 5%
It's built-in android.
If you really need backlight, get app in market, called adjbrightness, that's one word.
It can override brightness to any percentage you details yourself, it actually guess from 0-255, but it won't Activate auto brightness, since that blocked by android due to low power.
So just use that apply if you really need more light on screen till next charge cycle.

Reactions: coolhandz

philiation

Sep 16, 2014
5% low battery no brightness adjustment

This is absolutely bs! I really can't stand samsung for doing this the only thing that I would say that puts samsung a downfall. I tried to do the same thing and rooted or not makes no difference. My guess is that it must be custom rom med or at least hack the binary and system to customize. Example remove enabled 5% lowest brightness from the system and identifying what the name of the file of system thats corsing the problem.

tyl3z

Feb 1, 2015
worked for me!

Wow you are my saviour. I've been having a problem with my battery showing a fualty value after rooting my galaxy tab 4 with stock ROM and kernel. My battery always reads 1% even though I charged it not too long ago. I can finally use my device again! Thanks so much!

Thanks Vlad2277

There's no actual way to override low power at 5%
It's built-in android.
If you really need backlight, get app in market, called adjbrightness, that's one word.
It can override brightness to any percentage you details yourself, it actually guess from 0-255, but it won't Activate auto brightness, since that blocked by android due to low power.
So just use that apply if you really need more light on screen till next charge cycle.

This works great on rooted Galaxy Note 4 with stock rom. I'm using a zerolemon battery on it and it stays at 1% for hours. Finally a way around the screen dimming issue. Thank you.

Echoflash1

Sep 17, 2019
I'm so relieved just to discover at least ONE person disturbed by this one most absolitely damming function

Top Liked Posts