viber not working on stock 2.2

Search This thread

nitin kumar

Apr 12, 2011
Delhi
i have dell xcd 35 the viber app in the play store (market) is not working normal on the stock froyo. The app installs fine but after calling somebody the incoming voice stops after 30-40 seconds of call.
plzz help..

Kannibalism

Sep 14, 2011
.: Underworld :.
viber gave me similar problems when using stock rom and i switched to whatsapp same with my friends last time we used viber it did not give us any problems on gingerbread

nitin kumar

Apr 12, 2011
Delhi
i dont like whatsapp and plzz tell me how can i made viber made work on stock 2.2 as i have to give my set to service center in some days and cant install custom rom... plzz help.

nitin kumar

Apr 12, 2011
Delhi
viber gave me similar problems when using stock rom and i switched to whatsapp same with my friends last time we used viber it did not give us any problems on gingerbread

i dont like whatsapp and plzz tell me how can i made viber made work on stock 2.2 as i have to give my set to service center in some days and cant install custom rom... plzz help.

Kannibalism

Sep 14, 2011
.: Underworld :.
when viber gave me similar problems i stopped using it i could not find a fix for it :/ but then i upgraded to 2.3.7 and it worked fine so the problem i think is with android 2.2 but like a said i am not 100% sure

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Viber

Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team! :)

If you are running Viber on a customized ROM, it may result in side effects. At this stage, due to the large variety of customized ROMs available, we support only the basic ones, such as CM7 and MIUI.
Our recommendations to you would be to either uninstall and reinstall Viber , or to find the proper customization which works best with Viber.. :)

If you have any question about Viber - please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
Viber Team

saaransh9

Jul 22, 2011
Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team! :)

If you are running Viber on a customized ROM, it may result in side effects. At this stage, due to the large variety of customized ROMs available, we support only the basic ones, such as CM7 and MIUI.
Our recommendations to you would be to either uninstall and reinstall Viber , or to find the proper customization which works best with Viber.. :)

If you have any question about Viber - please feel free to ask.

Thank you,
Viber Team
actually it doesn't work properly on stock rom

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
@saaransh9 -
What device and Android version are you using?
I see in your details that it says CM7.

@nitin kumar -
And you?

Last edited:

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
I'm waiting for more information from the thread OP.

Is "dell xcd 35" the exact same thing as "ZTE Blade" ?

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http://bit.ly/rqbZEw
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

However:

@nitin kumar -
I invite you to contact our support team and give them the details of this issue. You can open a ticket here: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

Thanks in advance :)

Faiz Malkani

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
faizmalkani.com
U know, my phone was a Gen1 and viber was working fine. After dell converted it to Gen2, then viber started giving issues

Sent from my Supernatural Blade

nitin kumar

Apr 12, 2011
Delhi
@viber team

i have used cm7 and other roms too and i am getting similar issue with all. that is when i call to some one its fine but after 20-30 sec i.am not getting voice of other person but he is getting mine... plzz sort out this issue..

Sent from my Blade using xda premium

k1ngkang

May 2, 2012
Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http://bit.ly/rqbZEw
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

However:

@nitin kumar -
I invite you to contact our support team and give them the details of this issue. You can open a ticket here: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0

Thanks in advance :)

Wow, I thought most of the companies are just lazy sloths. Btw, i-m facing terrible battery drain using it :)

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Wow, I thought most of the companies are just lazy sloths. Btw, i-m facing terrible battery drain using it :)

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2

Well, we feel like it's our duty to find out users out there across the Web and provide direct support :)

About the battery drain issue - please make sure that Viber is the cause for the problem by isolating Viber (having no other apps running) on a device with stock ROM (custom ROMs may cause this problem).

We conduct strict testings in our labs with several devices and other than when making a call (when it is natural for the battery to be used), we did not come across any significant battery drain when Viber was simply running in the background. Furthermore, over the course of over 15 hours, on average the battery use was only 2%.

You can find additional information on tests performed by Viber users themselves, which show similar results, at:
http://whrl.pl/Rc0APn

aman.droid

Feb 2, 2012
Delhi
Well, we feel like it's our duty to find out users out there across the Web and provide direct support :)

About the battery drain issue - please make sure that Viber is the cause for the problem by isolating Viber (having no other apps running) on a device with stock ROM (custom ROMs may cause this problem).

We conduct strict testings in our labs with several devices and other than when making a call (when it is natural for the battery to be used), we did not come across any significant battery drain when Viber was simply running in the background. Furthermore, over the course of over 15 hours, on average the battery use was only 2%.

You can find additional information on tests performed by Viber users themselves, which show similar results, at:
http://whrl.pl/Rc0APn

viber shows error msg "viber has crashed" on agreeker MIUI for blade know any possible reason... although Tango (another calling app like viber) is working fine.

pankaka

Apr 28, 2011
viber shows error msg "viber has crashed" on agreeker MIUI for blade know any possible reason... although Tango (another calling app like viber) is working fine.
Oh god. I had the worst experience with ageeker's Miui. It was laggy as **** and good god Instagram and Viber were not working at all.
Viber devs have been since January been getting complaints from Miui community. The only thing I can recommend is that you switch to the most stable rom called FishandCrips and get QQLauncher for MIUI design. It is superior to other roms.