[APP][THEMED] Instagram v1.1.6 ICS Flavored UPDATE 7/2/12

Search This thread

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
There was an issue in past versions where if you have the facebook app installed and you try to share an image in Instagram, it will fail or show up and go away when you check Facebook. You can run both but as far as sharing images to facebook from the instagram, it doesnt work.

Youre more than welcome to verify that for me and us, I dont use the Facebook app so it doesnt bother me.

I'm able to post to facebook just fine

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

.OmEgA

May 16, 2011
Michigan
i cangive that some thought, but ill hav the update for you guys soon. youre really not missing out on much between the two versions.

Looks like I got some work to do tonight after work lol. I'll have it ready for you guys when I get home (1:00am EST).

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
Thanks for your work!, it really seems a good and nice project!
I absolutely want to try it and I'm waiting you to download the last 1.1.1 version - as you said you are going to update it..

but.. I didn't find any information about using your Instagram themed version with LDPI phones: does it work on such phones?
And what about installing your version without loosing settings and saved images? Do you think that if I don't remove Instagram setting your new version will accept them?

Thanks again for your work, I hope you'll always better it!
see ya! ;)

.OmEgA

May 16, 2011
Michigan
Thanks for your work!, it really seems a good and nice project!
I absolutely want to try it and I'm waiting you to download the last 1.1.1 version - as you said you are going to update it..

but.. I didn't find any information about using your Instagram themed version with LDPI phones: does it work on such phones?
And what about installing your version without loosing settings and saved images? Do you think that if I don't remove Instagram setting your new version will accept them?

Thanks again for your work, I hope you'll always better it!
see ya! ;)

Thank you. Last night just didnt work for me to make the change over to the new version, i work 10 hours a day/6 days a week so any free time i get is very limited.

Youre correct about not being able to find anything about LDPI and MDPI devices. I do not have any images edited for either of those devices so you will not get the full effect of the theme (some text might not be visible in few areas). I only themed it for the more "mainstream" phones and didnt really think much about the smaller screen sized phones. Seeing that youre not the first to ask about LDPI/MDPI versions, ill start working on those images so everyone can have the full effect.

As far as your concern about settings and images, the only thing you will loose is your settings. Images get saved in a separate folder and will always stay there unless you, yourself, delete that folder. The way I go about installing my themed version is uninstalling the original instagram app then installing mine. I havent tried to install mine "on top" of the original. Youre more than welcome to try it out and report back.

MamaSaidWhat?

Nov 18, 2010
OPPO Find X5 Pro
This looks great, Omega :D

Unfortunately Box says you're out of bandwidth :( could you possibly reupload the .apk? Thanks a lot mate!

Sent from my White Galaxy Note using Tapatalk 2

.OmEgA

May 16, 2011
Michigan
This looks great, Omega :D

Unfortunately Box says you're out of bandwidth :( could you possibly reupload the .apk? Thanks a lot mate!

Thank you. I've been notified about this and when I get off work tonight, I'll be reuploading to another file host that can handle more than four days of service before suspending my account lol.

Reactions: MamaSaidWhat?

.OmEgA

May 16, 2011
Michigan
Updated the LINK, hopefully mediafire wont suspend me over bandwidth lol. Ill update the app as soon as i can get enough free time. Damn real world!

Reactions: MamaSaidWhat?

MamaSaidWhat?

Nov 18, 2010
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Updated the LINK, hopefully mediafire wont suspend me over bandwidth lol. Ill update the app as soon as i can get enough free time. Damn real world!

Cheers mate, appreciate it :D the Mediafire link just stops loading and keeps leading me to a blank, white screen though :confused:

Same thing happened with another MF link I tried yesterday. Strange, I'll try again in a few mins.

.OmEgA

May 16, 2011
Michigan
Cheers mate, appreciate it :D the Mediafire link just stops loading and keeps leading me to a blank, white screen though :confused:

Same thing happened with another MF link I tried yesterday. Strange, I'll try again in a few mins.

From my experience with MF where it fails to download, sometimes you have to go into download manager and clear data/cache. Then it will work.

.OmEgA

May 16, 2011
Michigan
May 17th v1.06
-Updated to Instagram v1.1.1
-Added themed Icon to xhdpi devices
-Fixed search edit field on both xhdpi and hdpi devices. Black background w/white text

Reactions: alonso444 and mugey
As far as your concern about settings and images, the only thing you will loose is your settings. Images get saved in a separate folder and will always stay there unless you, yourself, delete that folder.
Oh, naturally I was talking and worrying about loosing application's settings, not images..
About installation: I followed the "normal" way, so I remove official Instagram and then installed your mod version; but I noticed that if I try to install your version without removng the other one I receive the system warning about replacing installed app! And launching the Play Store at the Instagram page, it shows the application as installed and the Update button is present (or it was, 'cause I had your 1.1.0 and official was 1.1.1).. What I want to say is that it seems that the compatibility is very very high between the two version, so maybe there are no problem installing one version upon the other.. but that's only a maybe, 'cause I still didn't try to do such a thing..

About using your Instagram version on my LDPI: the biggest problem is that the characters colour is white on white in the setting menu and in the login one!
Plus, the Favs page is not skinned, or so it seems..
I did some shot and I'm going to attach it here..
I tested the 1.1.0 version, but I don't think things are changed into the new one..

If you need help or tester count me in, don't hesitate to ask me to try something you think could go better for low-level phones!!
OK.. that's all, for now..

Attachments

• screenshot-1337208507983.png
    screenshot-1337208507983.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 153
  • screenshot-1337208494463.png
    screenshot-1337208494463.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 151
  • screenshot-1337208427875.png
    screenshot-1337208427875.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 144

mringis

Feb 28, 2011
Jakarta
From my experience with MF where it fails to download, sometimes you have to go into download manager and clear data/cache. Then it will work.

I'm already following your guide. But still, i can't download it. Blank white screen when i click link you provide...:confused:

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

.OmEgA

May 16, 2011
Michigan
If you need help or tester count me in, don't hesitate to ask me to try something you think could go better for low-level phones!!
OK.. that's all, for now..

Thank you for providing the screenshots, everything thats unthemed are the images i have to edit. Just be patient and ill have it ready

I'm already following your guide. But still, i can't download it. Blank white screen when i click link you provide...:confused:

Try another browser but firsts request to use the desktop version if your current one supports that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2jbsluf.png

2rrxgkn.png

Change log:
    Code:
    July 2nd v1.1.0
    -Updated to Instagram v1.1.6
    -Fixed comment and like glyphs on MDPI devices
    -Minor changes to theme to clean it up some more

June 8th v1.0.7
    -Updated to Instagram v1.1.3
    -Theme now compatible with LPDI/MDPI/HDPI/xHDPI devices!

May 17th v1.0.6
    -Updated to Instagram v1.1.1
    -Added themed Icon to xhdpi devices
    -Fixed search edit field on both xhdpi and hdpi devices. Black background w/white text

May 11th v1.0.5
    -Themed a few missed images for xhdpi devices
    -Optimized few images for both hdpi and xhdpi devices

May 10th v1.0.4
    -Theme fully compatible with xhdpi devices (GNex, etc) now
    -Changed comment input back to black with white text

May 9th v1.0.3
    -Updated to Instagram v1.1.0

April 21st v1.0.2
    -Updated to Instagram v1.0.6
    -Added comment and like glyphs back
    -Changed action bar from iOS Blue to match theme
    -Fixed text color in comment input, now visable

April 20th v1.0.1
    -Updated to Instagram v1.0.5
    -Few color edits

April 11th v1.0.0
    -Updated to Instagram v1.0.4
    -Fixed Settings page. Now able to see text
    -Small Fixes

April 10th: v0.5 
    -fixed sharing/details page
    -fixed profile info row

April 9th: v0.4
    -Updated search pages (user and hash tag). Small fixes.

Known Issues:
    -Not able to share photos to Facebook? Try this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26220517&postcount=34 Thanks to sikpnoi4u_2nvy
    -News page is not themed and cannot be themed. Uses a webpage to show content.
    -If you are having issues downloading from your phone using the MediaFire link provided, try using "Desktop Mode" with your browser.

☆★☆ Download Themed Instagram v1.1.0 ☆★☆
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wr7ba194f04aa1d

NOTICE: 8/28/12
    Sorry to inform you guys but as of right now, as you can tell, I just don't have the time to keep this updated. The new version is a big jump from before and with working 11 hours a day and my personal life, this project would require more time than I wish I had.

It was great keeping this going for you guys and I appreciate all the support I got from you all. Didn't think it would have grown to this extent. Who knows, things could change and give me the opportunity to kick start this project again. But for now, I just don't have any time.

Once again thanks for the support!
    June 8th v1.07
    -Updated to Instagram v1.1.3
    -Theme now compatible with LPDI/MDPI/HDPI/xHDPI devices!
    Updated to instagram v1.1.0!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the update guys. I was in the process of doing an overhaul on the current one I had out. Give me sometime to update it to this new version of IG and finish up the new theme. I will always keep this theme up to date as best as I can but since I'm doing something different this time to make it look much better, just have to give me time on this one.

Sorry to inform you guys but as of right now, as you can tell, I just don't have the time to keep this updated. The new version is a big jump from before and with working 11 hours a day and my personal life, this project would require more time than I wish I had.

It was great keeping this going for you guys and I appreciate all the support I got from you all. Didn't think it would have grown to this extent. Who knows, things could change and give me the opportunity to kick start this project again. But for now, I just don't have any time.

Once again thanks for the support!