Easy Battery Saver

Search This thread

Gavisann

Jun 28, 2011
Haven't tried it, but it seems like a good alternative to Juice Defender.

Send from my SPH-D700 (Samsung Epic 4G)

dnathan13

Sep 17, 2010
what do you think of it? i tried juice defender a while ago, but it freaking shut off my radio and i missed calls/texts for 2 days!!

I use jd consistently and have never missed a call or text. It doesn't shut off the radio for that unless you change the settings.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
I use jd consistently and have never missed a call or text. It doesn't shut off the radio for that unless you change the settings.

thanks!

i dont know why battery saving programs like to kill your radio if your signal or battery is low......that's the whole point of having a cell phone!!

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
None of these "battery saving" apps work. And all the things they do can be done manually. If something has to run in the system to "save" battery... it uses battery attempting to save battery.

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus via XDA Premium

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Well i notice that when i dont use JD i lose a good few hours on my battery.

JD does help when i ran W/O it on i went from 100% to 92% in 10 mins all i did was mess with some settings in the menu of the phone not JD.

Reactions: Fire n mage

g_ding84

May 15, 2012
Rochester, NY
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 6
task manager

I thought that's what the Task manager on the phone is for? I remember when I first got my phone at sprint they told me not to download any battery savers or task killers because they "bump heads" with the stock task manager. If I'm wrong please let me let me know.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I thought that's what the Task manager on the phone is for? I remember when I first got my phone at sprint they told me not to download any battery savers or task killers because they "bump heads" with the stock task manager. If I'm wrong please let me let me know.

No things have changed reason is they think that if you use the TW Task Manager it will kill thee battery app but if you know how to use either both for example Juice Defender has the option to stay in status bar so it won't be killed if you kill apps on the Task Manager, but why would you kill the app in the 1st place if you knew it saves battery.

Reactions: g_ding84

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Any results you say you get with these so called battery saving apps. Was because you were too lazy to do it manually. Had you done it manually you would have gotten much better "results."

Reactions: Zeinzu

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
I agree, and I am lazy, but I don't get better results doing it manually because I usually forget. My phone is a tool, I have enough important things to remember about rather then whether my wi-fi is on or not.

And if that fails, I always have my extra battery, or desk charger, or car charger etc. . .
Any results you say you get with these so called battery saving apps. Was because you were too lazy to do it manually. Had you done it manually you would have gotten much better "results."

doggiedog

Jul 7, 2010
I agree, and I am lazy, but I don't get better results doing it manually because I usually forget. My phone is a tool, I have enough important things to remember about rather then whether my wi-fi is on or not.

And if that fails, I always have my extra battery, or desk charger, or car charger etc. . .

One of the best things I have done to DRAMATICALLY increase my battery was to change the kernel, ROM and undervolt. I found the best combination for me was to use Shadowkernel v1.04, Legendary ROM and then manually change the voltage settings by about 10% or more.

I used to drain about 10% an hour on standby with wifi but now I'm down to about 1-3%. I drain about 6-10% an hour when I'm using the phone. The only problem I have is when I have a very bad signal, then my battery life goes down over 10% but I think I would have the same problem regardless of whether I modified my phone or not. I don't use any battery saver programs at all now.

vwags

Feb 13, 2011
Los Angeles
One of the best things I have done to DRAMATICALLY increase my battery was to change the kernel, ROM and undervolt. I found the best combination for me was to use Shadowkernel v1.04, Legendary ROM and then manually change the voltage settings by about 10% or more.

I used to drain about 10% an hour on standby with wifi but now I'm down to about 1-3%. I drain about 6-10% an hour when I'm using the phone. The only problem I have is when I have a very bad signal, then my battery life goes down over 10% but I think I would have the same problem regardless of whether I modified my phone or not. I don't use any battery saver programs at all now.

Fyi I have been running The Peoples Rom no changes and I lost 7% last night over 10 hours.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    None of these "battery saving" apps work. And all the things they do can be done manually. If something has to run in the system to "save" battery... it uses battery attempting to save battery.

Well i notice that when i dont use JD i lose a good few hours on my battery.

JD does help when i ran W/O it on i went from 100% to 92% in 10 mins all i did was mess with some settings in the menu of the phone not JD.

No things have changed reason is they think that if you use the TW Task Manager it will kill thee battery app but if you know how to use either both for example Juice Defender has the option to stay in status bar so it won't be killed if you kill apps on the Task Manager, but why would you kill the app in the 1st place if you knew it saves battery.