[q] help help help

Search This thread

jarhead0231

Jan 5, 2014
My gf is on the ls980 with sprint and she is rooted on the optimus rom. twrp 2.3.4. lokified. she took the sprint ota and now the phone only boots into recovery no matter what i do. restore or load a new rom wont work. Please help..

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
umm

you said TWRP 2.3.4 did you mean 2.6.3.4? i know TWRP 2.6.3.4 supports OTG cables. If you have an OTG cable you could put a rom on a flash drive and it and try to flash it.

Franketo

Jan 29, 2014
Saving LG G2 after unwanted OTA caused boot loop

This works on International D802. I had stock rooted rom with CWM (6.0.4.4), Xposed ( G2 Xposed, G2 tweakbox, Advanced Power Settings, App Settings), Tasker w/ Secure Settings and whatnot. So I applied OTA. Not good for the phone and the Ingress Ressistance. I was stuck at LG screen for 2 sec, reboot, rinse and repeat. Download mode was no go. Luckily I was able to enter recovery mode. Tried to restore..no luck. And after staying up till 4AM (thanx to the xda forum). I tried G2 back to stock with kdz thread. Couldn't enter download mode. I changed few USB cables, three comps and voila it entered DL mode. Unfortunately that was on Linux box...so no LG flash tool. Arghhhhh.
Next step...Linux needed, no knowledge, just sensible use of copy/paste. Enter recovery, wipe everything you can. Reboot to recovery and yes, root please. Now you should have adb. Do the following (thank you thecube)
Code:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
If you get any errors...don't worry. I managed to execute only line 2.
Reboot to recovery w/ root and again wipe everything (it worked for me, might not be needed), and copy/paste again.
Code:
adb shell
mount /data (disregard errors)
mkdir -p /data/media/0
exit (do not forget to exit shell)
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0  ( where rom.zip is up to you..i used Black Pearl ROM)
Now watch that coursor. If it is not blinking...you are almost there. When push is completed, install rom. zip as usuall.

jarhead0231

Jan 5, 2014
This works on International D802. I had stock rooted rom with CWM (6.0.4.4), Xposed ( G2 Xposed, G2 tweakbox, Advanced Power Settings, App Settings), Tasker w/ Secure Settings and whatnot. So I applied OTA. Not good for the phone and the Ingress Ressistance. I was stuck at LG screen for 2 sec, reboot, rinse and repeat. Download mode was no go. Luckily I was able to enter recovery mode. Tried to restore..no luck. And after staying up till 4AM (thanx to the xda forum). I tried G2 back to stock with kdz thread. Couldn't enter download mode. I changed few USB cables, three comps and voila it entered DL mode. Unfortunately that was on Linux box...so no LG flash tool. Arghhhhh.
Next step...Linux needed, no knowledge, just sensible use of copy/paste. Enter recovery, wipe everything you can. Reboot to recovery and yes, root please. Now you should have adb. Do the following (thank you thecube)
Code:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
If you get any errors...don't worry. I managed to execute only line 2.
Reboot to recovery w/ root and again wipe everything (it worked for me, might not be needed), and copy/paste again.
Code:
adb shell
mount /data (disregard errors)
mkdir -p /data/media/0
exit (do not forget to exit shell)
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0
adb push rom.zip /data/media/0  ( where rom.zip is up to you..i used Black Pearl ROM)
Now watch that coursor. If it is not blinking...you are almost there. When push is completed, install rom. zip as usuall.

DOES NOT WORK says adb not found.