[Q] Huawei G700-u20 - Root/custom rom help needed

Search This thread
G

GuestD0473

Hi guys!

Great forum. Goot my first Android device ever yesterday: Huawei G700-U20. I would like to root it and add a Custom rom (KitKat 4.4).

Got some problems in the first stage tough: installed Framaroot (and my phone is supposed to be supported according to the list), but when opening the app it says: "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot"

What am I doing wrong?

It this the only opportunity to root the phone? As you can see - I'm very unexperienced, so please bear with me:)

talvigi

Feb 15, 2014
All ways somewhere arround
we need to wait too much for 4.4.2

Hi guys!

Great forum. Goot my first Android device ever yesterday: Huawei G700-U20. I would like to root it and add a Custom rom (KitKat 4.4).

Got some problems in the first stage tough: installed Framaroot (and my phone is supposed to be supported according to the list), but when opening the app it says: "Your device seems not vulnerable to exploit included in Framaroot"

What am I doing wrong?

It this the only opportunity to root the phone? As you can see - I'm very unexperienced, so please bear with me:)

aleselison,

i think we need to wait too much for a update of Kitkat 4.4.2 for our G700 to get that

amyren

Dec 9, 2012
Hi guys!

What am I doing wrong?

I have the same phone, I used eroot to do the rooting without any problem.
http://huaweinews.com/2013/10/root-ascend-g700/

Reactions: mehdi_esf

talvigi

Feb 15, 2014
All ways somewhere arround

Rooting Huawei is not the problem, you can do it very easily with the help of farmaroot app with out any PC.

But the real question is whether we have any good advantage of rooting this mobile if there is no custom ROM or any other type of update available in the market, than what is the best use of rooting and cracking your warranty.

amyren

Dec 9, 2012
Rooting Huawei is not the problem, you can do it very easily with the help of farmaroot app with out any PC.

But the real question is whether we have any good advantage of rooting this mobile if there is no custom ROM or any other type of update available in the market, than what is the best use of rooting and cracking your warranty.

He was asking if there was other options to root the phone other than framaroot, so I just told him one other option :)

On the other side, yes its true that there are no custom roms for the U20. But that is not the only reason for rooting a phone since there are several apps that do require a rooted device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is No custom KitKat ROM for the G700 series. We will need to wait.
    Hi guys!

What am I doing wrong?