Samsung Galaxy S2 dual core @ 1.2Ghz processor & Super Amoled Plus launched.

Which superphone you will be buying?

• Samsung Galaxy S2

Votes: 1,140 95.6%
  • HTC Sensation

Votes: 52 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

android_master

Mar 11, 2010
Pune
Oh God,SGS 2 now moved back to 10th of June date:mad::mad:

What bull**** this Samsux is doing. Samsux

SGS 2 launched in korea,uk,france,soon available in Australia & other countries.But india nowhere to be found.

10th of May is wayyyyyyyyyyy to long:(:(

Shylesh

May 3, 2011
Tirupur
erumbhu.blogspot.com
Last edited:

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
Okay, not to get anyone unnecessarily excited. India tends to reveal things last minute; it can be any day now for the Samsung Galaxy S2. My advice, sit back, relax, and wait for the official release to be made.

android_master

Mar 11, 2010
Pune
Okay, not to get anyone unnecessarily excited. India tends to reveal things last minute; it can be any day now for the Samsung Galaxy S2. My advice, sit back, relax, and wait for the official release to be made.

Launch date is not near by anymeans,,otherwise you could have find banners,notes of SGS 2 in most of the Samsung Mobile shops in India{i clearly remember that happening with SGS}..........

What's most annoying is that Samsux is launching SGS 2 in other markets:confused:{france got one today,Australia 1st june & many other nations in this week itself} but there is just no announcement in India,not a single dealer has any clue:mad:

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
Patience...

I'm curious to see what develops and unfolds in the next 24-72 hours. May 25th anyone? Not to get my hopes too much, but the Galaxy S2 is a highly anticipated device for the Indian Subcontinent. Does Samsung have anything in stock for us this Wednesday, May 25th, 2011. Let's wait and see. :confused:

Launch date is not near by anymeans,,otherwise you could have find banners,notes of SGS 2 in most of the Samsung Mobile shops in India{i clearly remember that happening with SGS}..........

What's most annoying is that Samsux is launching SGS 2 in other markets:confused:{france got one today,Australia 1st june & many other nations in this week itself} but there is just no announcement in India,not a single dealer has any clue:mad:

prashanth1990

Nov 21, 2010
SG2 india

Is there any major difference between? SG2 uk and SG2 india???
if there is no difference... we better go with uk version i mean get it shipped from uk!

small calculation! heh! wired

if at all samsung releases SG2 in India it might cost you around 35k(approx) for sure!
35k+vat+insurance = will seriously cost you around 37k ...

if you buy it from expansys uk! its costs you around 519gbp
by decrease all those VAT's n also by using a coupon code it comes down to 440GBP
32k+2k customs = 34k!

the main advantage in uk version is!
we get updates faster than an india version!

hmmm... but for now i'm still waiting for SG2 in india!
i may change my mind in next couple of days for sure!

Shylesh

May 3, 2011
Tirupur
erumbhu.blogspot.com
Is there any major difference between? SG2 uk and SG2 india???
if there is no difference... we better go with uk version i mean get it shipped from uk!

small calculation! heh! wired

if at all samsung releases SG2 in India it might cost you around 35k(approx) for sure!
35k+vat+insurance = will seriously cost you around 37k ...

if you buy it from expansys uk! its costs you around 519gbp
by decrease all those VAT's n also by using a coupon code it comes down to 440GBP
32k+2k customs = 34k!

the main advantage in uk version is!
we get updates faster than an india version!

hmmm... but for now i'm still waiting for SG2 in india!
i may change my mind in next couple of days for sure!

Warranty seems an issue and also it might cost around 27k -33k not more than that in India!

prashanth1990

Nov 21, 2010
@Shylesh i seriously don't think it would be below 33k! (got a note from Samsung showroom at bangalore (fourm))
warranty hmm you can send back to expansys! by an RMA request they will replace you
i got my Sony LiveView replaced! but you will be charged custom duties again!

Last edited:

gurdeepsj

May 16, 2011
Pune
I serioulsy think that this monster device should have been manufactured by some other manufacturer other than samsung, as they really dont deserve this big device...

android_master

Mar 11, 2010
Pune
F**k this Samsung ****,HTC Sensation which was announced after SGS 2 might be available in India before SGS 2:mad:

Really Optimus 2X is already selling very well{price has come down to Rs 25,000,,it has already been rooted with cyanogen roms with lots of bug fixes,,a true future proof dual core monster},iphone 4 will be available from 25th of this month in India....What the hell SAMSUX

Please announce something in next 24-48 hours or 10th of June seems like a very long wait:mad::confused:

Reactions: gurdeepsj

gurdeepsj

May 16, 2011
Pune
F**k this Samsung ****,HTC Sensation which was announced after SGS 2 might be available in India before SGS 2:mad:

Really Optimus 2X is already selling very well{price has come down to Rs 25,000,,it has already been rooted with cyanogen roms with lots of bug fixes,,a true future proof dual core monster},iphone 4 will be available from 25th of this month in India....What the hell SAMSUX

Please announce something in next 24-48 hours or 10th of June seems like a very long wait:mad::confused:
Is it possible to enable the feature of USB on the Go with that rom on the optimus 2X, i am new to android:(:(

prashanth1990

Nov 21, 2010
actually my dream phone for this year was HTC EVO 3D!
all of a sudden sprint network announces ....it was a CDMA phone.
my heart broke! there was nothing i would find wrong in that device!
... but would hv loved to own EVO 3D

sagarguyus

Sep 27, 2010

Now things are even getting on my nerves..... enough is enough... f***ing samsung is just _______....poor marketing.. damn poor marketing.... they know how to make phones.. but they don't know how to sell it... I am damn sure that atleast 30% of potential customers like us wud buy htc or apple being out of patience... it could even be me...

ankydu

May 16, 2010
I think another reason for the delay could be sammy is busy ironing out all the bugs reported by users till now before its launched in India. Maybe sammy knows the it has a huge market in India, and imagine if they launch the device now with all those bugs, what will be the reaction of us indian users :)eek:) who have waited so long just to recieve a piece of s**t. it would affect not only their mobile market share but other market shares as well because in India brand reputation matters a lot.

I ve also made up my mind, if sensation is launched before sgs2, them m getting the sensation, infact i m so pissed off with sammy i now want this to happen, n c sammy's future devices a big flop in India. :mad:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***UPDATE*** [Good News] =)

This is to inform everyone that Flipkart and Letsbuy.com are going to be getting back to us by the late afternoon with the official details. Both online retailers are promising attractive deals. I will post back to you all with the schemes.

Both Online Retailers mentioned above are confirmed to receive stock before the mentioned ship date, and will process orders in 24-48 hours as well.

Flipkart and Letsbuy.com should also be giving bundled accessories along with a discount.

We are expecting updates from ALL 3 RETAILERS BY THIS EVENING!

- Cheers! :cool:

Hello All,

This is to inform everyone that the Infibeam deal is ALMOST finalized.

Here are the highlighted Points.

1) The phone will be Rs 29,990.
    2) They will be providing Screen Protectors. (Stock Available)
    3) They are sourcing the HDMI Adapter for us. (Looking for Stock)
    4) They are sourcing a proper Case for us. (Looking for Stock)
    5) They are sourcing the Car Charger for us. (Checking Compatibility with SGS I Charger)

Deliveries will start June 9th and should be delivered within 24 - 48 hours.

Finalized details will be posted this evening. Due to the availability of the accessories, your order might be shipped with the PHONE and the Screen guard; the remainder will come soon after.

Arjun will be soon posting the details from Flipkart.

This evening WE ARE SURE BOTH of the FULL DETAILS will be available.

Stay Tuned.
    Infibeam deal final...

Hello All….

Well the time has come to make the official announcement of the Group Purchase with Infibeam in regards to the Samsung Galaxy S II handset.
    Arjun and I truly appreciate all of those who had faith and held out purchasing this device on our account.
    We have tried extremely hard with many online vendors to accomplish the most economical deal with the best value.
    From what we have surveyed is that most of the online retailers like to bundle items which we are not usually interested in and hence that incentive is wasted.
    What we have pushed for is a good discount on the device with some sort of an option to purchase WHAT WE LIKE for cheap.

Here is the deal, and please remember that we have tried very hard to accomplish this.

1) Infibeam will sell the device TO US USING PROMO CODE for Rs.29399.
    2) Infibeam will provide an Rs 250 Gift Brochure that you can use on ANY PURCHASE aside from the PHONE. Use it towards a case or any item you would like.
    3) Infibeam will also include a Screen Protector with the purchase of this device.

AS a Value Added Benefit. If the device goes lower than their NORMAL cost (Not our group cost), the difference will be added to our group cost.
    For those who have purchased, I apologize but your sale is done, but who are still pending the sale, you will get a better discount while keeping the Gift Brochure as well.

4) A Promo Code will be given to us BY Saturday (June 4, 2011) OR Monday (June 6, 2011).
    5) They will have the Page Up BY Saturday (June 4, 2011) OR Monday (June 6, 2011) – Same time as Promo Code For Us.
    6) While I was at the Infibeam Offices, we spoke to Samsung directly and confirmed that the devices for Letsbuy.com, Infibeam, Flipkart will all start delivering by the 7th and they will start shipping on the 9th of June.
    7) They have assured me that all devices will be dispatched on the SAME DAY as they receive it and you should see the device within 24 to 48 hours.
    8) Cash On Delivery Option is also available (Only in areas they service, please check with them first).

NOTE:
    ONCE you purchase from Infibeam, please PM Arjun90 or I with your Conformation number. We will confirm with Infibeam and make sure everything is on track.

All sales activity is done with Infibeam and we cannot interfere there. What we will make sure is that your sale is looked after with the utmost priority.

ALL SALES ORDERS WITH OUR PROMO CODE will be processed FIRST.
    You will also be eligible for ANY Additional benefits WE receive.

What Arjun and I will also like to setup for is a group purchase of the specified accessories. This will happen soon enough and Infibeam has assured us that some GREAT stuff will be offered and excellent rates.

Please once again confirm again via PM if you will proceed.
    To do so, please PM the following Details.

Full Name
    City
    State
    Add Statement “Infibeam” if you are taking the detail
    Add Statement “REMOVE” if you would like to be removed from this group purchase.

Once again, Arjun and I appreciate all of your patience and look forward to us all enjoying this device soon.

Thank You.
    hi dhruv. Just wanted some help 4m u...i jst saw s2 available on infibeam bt wt i want to knw is the handsets they r providing are june make or may make...i mean i already hav a handset 4m 1st batch n im waitin 2buy another 4m 2nd batch...how should i make out 4m which batch it is ?
    Plz help

It is all second batch now thats out in the Market. If you visit any stores, just make sure the BOX doesnt say AMODLED on it. Infibeam should be providing second batch now.

I guess the amount of soap solution we put also matters a lot. I think we need to put just enough to moisten the surface and prevent fingerprints. @Dhruv has a lot of experience in this as he has used Zagg as well as gadgetShield so perhaps he can comment on how much soap solution did he use. :)

Thanks @Tarun.

Basically here is how to make the solution.

1) Use 2 Cups of DRINKING water, dont use TAP water as it could contain calcium deposits which will cause crap to be stuck on the screen.
    2) Drop 1/2 Table Spoon of LIQUID SOAP (Use Detol or similar).
    3) Gently stir until FULLY mixed, make sure there is no soap lumps anywhere and NO BUBBLES. If you have some bubbles, let it sit for a few and they will dissipate.
    4) Clean the surface area where you will be applying the guard.
    5) GO WASH YOUR HANDS. indian food is very oily... :)
    6) Make sure you have the Fans turned off as they could blow dust and lint on your screen.
    7) Moisten your fingers (Both Hands) and peel off the screen protector.
    8) Make sure it doesnt stick on ANYTHING and quickly dump it in the soapy solution.
    9) Keep a lint free cloth in hand to collect all the water.
    10) Keep a Credit Card or similar available to use as a squeegee.
    11) When ready, make sure no dust / lint is on the surface area, if you have some, just try to blow it away.
    12) Now lift up the guard from water and let it drip away until there is very little left. Trust me, its enough to make it nice and smooth on your device.
    13) Move it around in place until you have the Camera Hole, Ear Grill and the HOME button lined up.
    14) Once you are ready, PUSH DOWN on the guard for a few seconds so it could somewhat stick and then start to squeegee the water out.
    15) Start from the middle, going outwards. Dont try to do the entire screen in ONE GO. Divide the screen in 2 from the middle of the home screen to the middle of the speaker grill. Using this method will make certain that MOST of the water is out and not going in the Ear Phone grill or Home button.
    NOTE: Whenever coming to the edge, collect as much water as you can with the Lint Free Cloth.
    16) MAKE SURE you let it sit for at least 1 hour before trying to turn on the device. Set it under a fan so IF any water went inside, it could also try.

Tips. While trying to do the side... Make sure you use VERY little water and let it sit in place for 5-10 minutes (FAN OFF) before trying to let it stick. Its a edge and has curvature which will cause it to not stick properly until the guard is Dry and Tacky.
    Infibeam....

Hello All,

This is to inform everyone that the Infibeam deal is ALMOST finalized.

Here are the highlighted Points.

1) The phone will be Rs 29,990.
    2) They will be providing Screen Protectors. (Stock Available)
    3) They are sourcing the HDMI Adapter for us. (Looking for Stock)
    4) They are sourcing a proper Case for us. (Looking for Stock)
    5) They are sourcing the Car Charger for us. (Checking Compatibility with SGS I Charger)

Deliveries will start June 9th and should be delivered within 24 - 48 hours.

Finalized details will be posted this evening. Due to the availability of the accessories, your order might be shipped with the PHONE and the Screen guard; the remainder will come soon after.

Arjun will be soon posting the details from Flipkart.

This evening WE ARE SURE BOTH of the FULL DETAILS will be available.

Stay Tuned.
    LoL!

Just an interesting update from all major online retailers,

Infibeam has bumped the price to Rs.30,499 Rupees

Flipkart has kept the price at Rs.30,999 Rupees and still selling

whereas

Letsbuy.com is officially out of stock. Who knows when they will be getting more stock. I'm also beginning to wonder what they are doing about accessories that have not been shipped yet, lol.

:cool: