[SOLVED] [Q] Custom Boot Animation Boot Loops My D415!

Search This thread

SirConnington

Jun 2, 2013
Please help! I tried to install a custom boot logo via the Jrummy Boot Animation app, and now my phone just loops the new boot animation.

What I have tried:
-Hard Reset with power keys: no impact.

-Factory KDZ flash via these instructions http://xdaforums.com/lg-l90/general/guide-flash-stock-kdz-offline-lg-l90-t2803479 : doesn't read phone information/ freezes at 1% when I begin the updating process. There is no link on the thread to the B2CAppSetup.exe file that it mentions, so maybe it's a driver issue?

My phone: Rooted D415, no CWM or TWRP, locked BL. When it was working I enabled USB debugging and Unknown Sources, but the factory reset I tried may have ruined that. I can get into Firmware Upgrade mode, and I assume fastboot would still work, for what it's worth.

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Please help! I tried to install a custom boot logo via the Jrummy Boot Animation app, and now my phone just loops the new boot animation.

What I have tried:
-Hard Reset with power keys: no impact.

-Factory KDZ flash via these instructions http://xdaforums.com/lg-l90/general/guide-flash-stock-kdz-offline-lg-l90-t2803479 : doesn't read phone information/ freezes at 1% when I begin the updating process. There is no link on the thread to the B2CAppSetup.exe file that it mentions, so maybe it's a driver issue?

My phone: Rooted D415, no CWM or TWRP, locked BL. When it was working I enabled USB debugging and Unknown Sources, but the factory reset I tried may have ruined that. I can get into Firmware Upgrade mode, and I assume fastboot would still work, for what it's worth.

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Word of advise: Always check the last update date on products such as the JRummy Boot Animation app. Alot of them are out of date and haven't been updated for quite some time. They were good apps "back in the day" but I don't believe many of them have been kept up to date.

You mentioned that you did a factory reset. Just curious, you got to the Factory Reset screen, using key combos, and confirmed the action twice? And you still have the same problem. I'm thinking the JRummy app messed up some partition information. The B2CAppSetup is plastered all over XDA. A simple search will get you what you need. ;) It sounds like you're gonna need a KDZ flash or warranty service.

SirConnington

Jun 2, 2013
You mentioned that you did a factory reset. Just curious, you got to the Factory Reset screen, using key combos, and confirmed the action twice? And you still have the same problem. I'm thinking the JRummy app messed up some partition information. The B2CAppSetup is plastered all over XDA. A simple search will get you what you need. ;) It sounds like you're gonna need a KDZ flash or warranty service.

Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, I went through the two confirmation screens and saw the little android robot. I'll try to find the B2C file and see how that goes. To add to my OP about the KDZ flash, when I go to select a different language instead of Korean, there are no languages listed in the dropdown menu, but I can select "different country."

Is it possible to access the filesystem of this phone through adb or fastboot while soft bricked? Just an idea.

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, I went through the two confirmation screens and saw the little android robot. I'll try to find the B2C file and see how that goes. To add to my OP about the KDZ flash, when I go to select a different language instead of Korean, there are no languages listed in the dropdown menu, but I can select "different country."

Is it possible to access the filesystem of this phone through adb or fastboot while soft bricked? Just an idea.

It's possible. Were your device drivers installed prior to this issue? If so, then it's a very good possibility. I'm assuming you have Windows PC. If so, open Device Manager and then attach your device to you PC via USB. If after attaching your device you see "Android Single Sooner Interface" or something similar in Device Manager, then the answer is most definitely yes.

SirConnington

Jun 2, 2013
It's possible. Were your device drivers installed prior to this issue? If so, then it's a very good possibility. I'm assuming you have Windows PC. If so, open Device Manager and then attach your device to you PC via USB. If after attaching your device you see "Android Single Sooner Interface" or something similar in Device Manager, then the answer is most definitely yes.

Attached to PC while powered on (with bootloop):
LGE AndroidNET USB Modem
LGE AndroidNET USB Serial Port
LGE Android MTP Device

Attached to PC While in F/W Upgrade Mode:
LGE AndroidNET USB Modem

I'm worried that the factory reset I did may have ruined by USB Debugging setting, making ADB impossible. It's worth a try though.

The command "ADB devices" doesn't return anything in either F/W upgrade or in bootloop. "Fastboot oem device-info" just hangs without listing anything.

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
LGE AndroidNET USB Modem
LGE Android MTP Device

LGE AndroidNET USB Modem

I'm worried that the factory reset I did may have ruined by USB Debugging setting, making ADB impossible. It's worth a try though.

The command "ADB devices" doesn't return anything in either F/W upgrade or in bootloop. "Fastboot oem device-info" just hangs without listing anything.

Fastboot will hang if entering a partially invalid command or if the device isn't in fastboot mode and a command gets sent to it.

As for KDZ wiping out your USB debugging settings, that entirely possible, and most likely.

As I stated in one of my previous posts, it looks like warranty service or KDZ flash will be what's needed to fix your phone. Sorry I couldn't have been of any more help.

Reactions: SirConnington

SirConnington

Jun 2, 2013
As I stated in one of my previous posts, it looks like warranty service or KDZ flash will be what's needed to fix your phone. Sorry I couldn't have been of any more help.

Thanks for trying. Like I said, KDZ flash is not working, and I can't imagine I could get a warranty service with a rooted phone. Anyone else have this problem/ know what the LG Update tool's problem is?

SirConnington

Jun 2, 2013
UPDATE

UPDATE: As a last resort I sent my phone in to the LG Ship-In repair service, and to my surprise they fixed it for free! I included a detailed description of my problem as well as full disclosure that I had rooted the device. Hopefully this can be a lesson to other LG owners with an unresponsive device. Thanks to LG's awesome warranty service and thanks to user shinobisoft and the rest of the XDA community!

Last edited:

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
UPDATE: As a last resort I sent my phone in to the LG Ship-In repair service, and to my surprise they fixed it for free! I included a detailed description of my problem as well as full disclosure that I had rooted the device. Hopefully this can be a lesson to other LG owners with an unresponsive device. Thanks to LG's awesome warranty service and thanks to user shinobisoft and the rest of the XDA community!

Please mark this thread as resolved for those who have the power to do so.
Edit your thread title. Place "[SOLVED]", without the quotes, at the beginning of your thread title.
More than happy to assist, just too bad I couldn't give you a fix other than LG support. Glad you got it worked out.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LGE AndroidNET USB Modem
    LGE Android MTP Device

LGE AndroidNET USB Modem

Fastboot will hang if entering a partially invalid command or if the device isn't in fastboot mode and a command gets sent to it.

As for KDZ wiping out your USB debugging settings, that entirely possible, and most likely.