Gap between display and ploycarbonate body

Search This thread

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
Its like yours most likely, the gap is slightly bigger than the right and it flexes slightly down, it actually needs pressure to flex so no its not really bad and like you said based on the temps sometimes it gets rigid, i think there a slightly uneven glue under one part causing the flex, i hope it disappears like you said

my cousin had a gap plus flex on the top of the device, i pressed it for him hard the moment we saw and it never came back but he is not over using his device like me ;)

This is why im convinced the issue is temp related, i was playing THD games and i saw how the left side relaxed and the gap widened

as for the reports, where did u read melting :eek: that's really alarming

eitherway its unsafe for the device to keep operating at those temps, HTC should not listen to Nvidia, Nv never cares about the longevity of their chips and don't mind messing around with thermal limits

i hope the issue get more coverage so that HTC issues a down-clock update!

i think T3 will do just fine @ 1.3ghz!!

One of the reports in your other thread on the gap poll had a post from someone who said the polycarbonate had deformed under heating resulting in a bulge on the back. That is the second report of a bulge above the HTC logo. Another poster has developed a deformity in the casing near the bottom shaped like the battery.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
One of the reports in your other thread on the gap poll had a post from someone who said the polycarbonate had deformed under heating resulting in a bulge on the back. That is the second report of a bulge above the HTC logo. Another poster has developed a deformity in the casing near the bottom shaped like the battery.

aye yay 1.5ghz tegra 3 is a bad idea for phones...@1.3ghz it still wipes the sensation, a9 cores r faster then scorpion cores and the t3 has tremendous bandwidth speeds, if I'm rooted I would gladly lock it to 1.3ghz

going back to my sensation and my wife sensation XL felt like a serious speed down and those are dealing with fraction of the pixels

if there is one thing you can't argue about t3 is its killer speed nevermind all the theoretical non sense, running shadowgun thd at 720p is a testament to how powerful the GPU is

X in the hox makes perfect sense

Last edited:
Reactions: west2cool

emorej

Apr 10, 2010
Doha
Guys check your device on very dark room,even in small gaps sometimes backlight bleeds,i was supposed to buy white one and when i check it light bleeds on the capacitive button for multi tasking.my black hox also have minimal light bleed on its gap.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

EmperorK

Jul 7, 2010
I'm on my third hox and getting tired of it now. now this one seems fine, great screen etc but i have LED bleeding...

the thing is, looking at other pictures on this thread, i have no gap at all between the glass and the black line, BUT i have a gap between the black lining and the shell, notably under the LED...

where can dust actually get in? between the glass and lining, or between the lining and shell, or both?

not sure if i should just give up and get a galaxy note or something :-/ (hate touchwiz though)... i don't mind this gap so long as no dust can get in even though i have the lining-shell gap.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
I'm on my third hox and getting tired of it now. now this one seems fine, great screen etc but i have LED bleeding...

the thing is, looking at other pictures on this thread, i have no gap at all between the glass and the black line, BUT i have a gap between the black lining and the shell, notably under the LED...

where can dust actually get in? between the glass and lining, or between the lining and shell, or both?

not sure if i should just give up and get a galaxy note or something :-/ (hate touchwiz though)... i don't mind this gap so long as no dust can get in even though i have the lining-shell gap.

post a photo and ill advice you

as you can see im now an expert on this thing lol under the black lining is not bad news, the problem was worrying since the screen was loose ie not glued! in your case its just the metal frame not properly clipped, you can try to click it in unless your shell is deformed but dont push too hard so not to hurt the screen

how big is it? i don't think its bad or a defect, you have to tolerate some space

like i updated on the other threads gapless perfectly fit out of box HOXes are definitly out there, i just bought one like this but i i had to hand pick it

Last edited:

EmperorK

Jul 7, 2010
post a photo and ill advice you

as you can see im now an expert on this thing lol under the black lining is not bad news, the problem was worrying since the screen was loose ie not glued! in your case its just the metal frame not properly clipped, you can try to click it in unless your shell is deformed but dont push too hard so not to hurt the screen

how big is it? i don't think its bad or a defect, you have to tolerate some space

like i updated on the other threads gapless perfectly fit out of box HOXes are definitly out there, i just bought one like this but i i had to hand pick it

thanks. im at work athe moment with no other camera so ill do this when i get home in about 4-5 hours.

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
At the bottom of my phone the screen is lower than the body by about 3mm. Can't notice it to look at but I always catch my finder on it. Any one else have this?

yes as far as i can tell perfectly normal, now you are just being picky :D

we are struggling to find a perfectly glued screen as it is lol a slight imperfections should be forgiven

EmperorK

Jul 7, 2010
Oh great and glorious Hamdir. Judge ye, my third HOX and decide its fate...

The photo may not show it but there is no gap between the screen and the black lining. There IS a gap between the lining and the grey shell... also earlier today i realised I can stick my finger nail between the lining and the glass on the right side of the screen, but that does require a fair bit of force.

My main concern: Is the gap between the the shell and the glass 'immune' to dust getting in?

Anyway:

Oh and ignore the dust currently on the screen, that's all on top at the moment and just needs a wipe. It's just the bright light bringing it out.

2irnpkn.jpg

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Oh great and glorious Hamdir. Judge ye, my third HOX and decide its fate...

The photo may not show it but there is no gap between the screen and the black lining. There IS a gap between the lining and the grey shell... also earlier today i realised I can stick my finger nail between the lining and the glass on the right side of the screen, but that does require a fair bit of force.

My main concern: Is the gap between the the shell and the glass 'immune' to dust getting in?

Anyway:

Oh and ignore the dust currently on the screen, that's all on top at the moment and just needs a wipe. It's just the bright light bringing it out.

2irnpkn.jpg

lol mate if you are showing the top side your phone is fine mate, also if its good don't mess with it stop playing with the tiny gap so you don't make one happen lol

the gap we are talking about is really a gap

EmperorK

Jul 7, 2010
OK, I feel a lot more relieved now. Thanks for looking...

...but even still... one nagging feeling, although the phones with the larger gaps will probably attract dust in a matter of days, won't mine still end up just as horribly dusty within a couple of months.. at least... relatively soon into a contract? Or is it the gap between the glass and lining that will cause the trouble?

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
gap between the lining is more worrying since it usually means the screen is actually loose

I don't mind a gap on top, if the flex is caused by heat theory is true, eh convenient located gap is batter than a left side flex

been using my new hox for the past hour, the battery is heating up to 40 deg, a smell cameout and my ultra white screen got a bit yellower, definitely screen glue has to settle, usually needs a week to stabilize, I won't be abusing my HOX until everything settles

by the way the whiter screen is also less saturated, crazy bright I had to drop brightness to 25%

so far so good

Last edited:

myself11

Oct 11, 2009
Whiter screen + less saturated = drool...

Is it more bright than previous One X's hamdir? I don't like high brightness, it harms my eyes :)

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Whiter screen + less saturated = drool...

Is it more bright than previous One X's hamdir? I don't like high brightness, it harms my eyes :)

insanely more bright :) but man u have to see how white it is, I'm using it at less than half the brightness slider

yellowness n smell quickly went away, let's hope it doesn't keep interacting with heat

our friend vegetaleb tried others from the same batch today and said they seem flawless

EmperorK

Jul 7, 2010
yea i have to say, the difference between the yellow screen and the white is insane my first hox was white, and i was amazed at the screen. i went to immediately do something on my ipad 3rd gen with its 'retina' display after using the first hox and immediately thought 'this could be sharper'

then my second hox was the yellow one and the images just dont 'lift' to the surface and have the appeal. thankfully my new one is white again.

if the media really catch on to all these problems, i seriously think htc just can't handle any more slack after their last year's reported losses and could seriously face going bust or just shrinking into the beats by dre stuff.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone notice gap between the display and the polycarbinate body and and the thin lining in between.. mine has little gap on top part which attract dust.

yes entirely normal, there is a metal frame around the screen protecting it, its nice how hidden it is

i had my Desire HD for 19 months inside a pouch and never collected any dust, the moment i see something stuck i blow it out

stop being so picky! :mad:
    I didn't think that was a picky post at all!! Mine has the same gap a the top and apart from attracting dust, it does worry me that this is a potential route for things to get behind the screen.

It was a legitimate question hamdir. Stop being so angry! :mad::p
    ok here is a non angry answer, use a pouch if you worry so much about the state of your device, my Desire HD is still new after 19 months thanks to the pouch

pouch is the best of both worlds, since you still enjoy the device naked when you use it
    Does anyone notice gap between the display and the polycarbinate body and and the thin lining in between.. mine has little gap on top part which attract dust.

yes entirely normal, there is a metal frame around the screen protecting it, its nice how hidden it is

i had my Desire HD for 19 months inside a pouch and never collected any dust, the moment i see something stuck i blow it out

stop being so picky! :mad:

Hey im not picky, its just a question.there is nothing i dont like about the device anyway :mad: