please delete

Would you like to see UbunTop as an upgrade for WebTop+?

• Keep UbunTop separate.

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • Make UbunTop a upgrade to WebTop+.

Votes: 86 34.8%
  • Have UbunTop as both standalone and upgrade.

Votes: 113 45.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

otsegoamigo

Jun 8, 2010
Budapest
sdcard/UbunTop/!stuff!
where sdcard is INTERNAL sdcard.

File structure:

Tegra2.Ubuntop.v1.1.1.zip (Downloaded)
>Ubuntop (main folder inside)

!stuff! is the stuff actually inside the zip, that means you only have to extract the zip and put that (the folder called UbunTop) in the root of the internal memory. That way it'll look like:
sdcard/UbunTop/Software
sdcard/UbunTop/UbunTopLX
sdcard/UbunTop/Webtop+ etc.

Reactions: sintoo

Lyth

Feb 17, 2010
I have a Motorola Electrify on 2.3.5 (meaning the bootloader is locked).

Will this still work? I plan on installing a custom ROM for locked 2.3.5 called "Rocko", but for now, I'm on stock USCC Android 2.3.5.

phatninja55

Sep 27, 2012
Yes but be very careful. You could brick your phone if you do things wrong.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

desait

Jan 9, 2010
Gnucash

Newb question! I really need to install GNUCASH on webtop!!! Please help!

Will synaptic work? I did the java jre install from the links I found, but I'd like to install gnucash too.

This way, I will completely have no use for my normal computer!

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Will synaptic work? I did the java jre install from the links I found, but I'd like to install gnucash too.

When I try to install I get:

An error occurred
E: openoffice.org-emailmerge: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
E: libchipcard-tools: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1

I press close

I get another msg saying. Changes applied (Not all changes and updates succeeded. For further details of the failure , please expand details panel below.

I couldn't copy that one

desait

Jan 9, 2010
SOLVED

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

When I try to install I get:

An error occurred
E: openoffice.org-emailmerge: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
E: libchipcard-tools: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1

I press close

I get another msg saying. Changes applied (Not all changes and updates succeeded. For further details of the failure , please expand details panel below.

I couldn't copy that one

SOLVED

All I had to do, is change the phone language to united states, and play a bit with the locales

douglasroos

Mar 1, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Anyone here could take geany fully working? i can write in C++ but when i try to compile it gaves me error of permissions, and then i can not change permissions of the compiled aplication, even if i do with root permissions on terminal.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: trASB

horn34

May 30, 2011
Is anyone using this on their Photon with the Lapdock 500? I flashed my Photon with peetr's hybrid (stock/CM7) and I'm having issues using my Lapdock 500. The display is off and there's no way to sync it. Also, the keyboard/mouse controls come and go every few minutes, really annoying.

PabloCruzIII

Account currently disabled
Nov 25, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
MX Player

im enjoying this ubuntulx, its slow but its tolerable. vlc lags so i uninstalled. i want to try other stuffs. :p

MX Player works great! I just acquired my lapdock about a wk ago and have been trying my hardest to make my photon feel more like its running Jelly Bean or even Kit Kat. As previously mentioned, the lapdock is kind of slow but for watching videos and browsing the internet its really nice. I currently use a LG Optimus G for as my phone and I also make use of my Nexus 7 but since I've aquired the lapdock I have been using my Optimus G as a mobile hotspot for the most part.

Anyway, back to your VLC comment...Try MX Player.

gradd

Jan 10, 2012
N15°42.305' E120°54.047
MX Player works great! I just acquired my lapdock about a wk ago and have been trying my hardest to make my photon feel more like its running Jelly Bean or even Kit Kat. As previously mentioned, the lapdock is kind of slow but for watching videos and browsing the internet its really nice. I currently use a LG Optimus G for as my phone and I also make use of my Nexus 7 but since I've aquired the lapdock I have been using my Optimus G as a mobile hotspot for the most part.

Anyway, back to your VLC comment...Try MX Player.

yes, thank you. i already have mxplayer and your right. plus, it can play almost all video formats flawlessly. :laugh: i still have vlc on my new ubuntop installationwhich still plays 320p good while answering text messages. tho im still having trouble applying webtop scripts / dependencies (will review on it later tonight), im still enjoying this lapdock! :D my brothers s4 wont touch this! :p

edit-- aside from mxplayer, opera is still the best browser for low ram situations. while using firefox even on the original webtop- the whole experience kills it. if only there is a mod to force tablet ui for opera browser then it would surely look better than ever when mirrored to the dock. :D

Last edited:

uchithisanka

Mar 21, 2013
colombo
without lapdock

can some one please tell me is ubuntop works in peert's hybrid rom with lapdock hack?
because I don't have lapdock so ubuntop works with lapdock hack?

Last edited:

Metalor

Nov 4, 2011
Minsk
photon/electrify locked 2.3.5

It seems that when I'm getting notification from paypal I'm getting multiple email/donations in a single email. Paypal's response has been "our bad" but no resolution so far. This has cause somewhat of a nightmare on my end as the DB is maintained by hand offsite.

Another issue has been a number of emails bouncing back. Even emailing myself has bounced back. These two factors may be the cause for some of you not getting logins.

In order to try and make sure everybody has their login I have have resent all logins going back a number of months. If by this time tomorrow you have not received your login PM me!

It has been suggested to have auto-logins sent upon donation however paypal requires a specific amount in order for this to even be set up. I am not comfortable with this as this defeats the whole point of donations vs flat rate paid but will leave it up to you guys.

Confusion regarding versions
ALL versions prior to the "Tegra2" release are Photon only and older than the Tegra2 releases. I will reword the change log to reflect this but general rule is newest is at the top of the list and oldest is at the bottom. In short 1.3 Photon is months older than 1.1 Tegra2.

With regards to Tegra2 1.2 Beta
This is a very risky locked build for Photon's on 2.3.5. There is no way to get back to 2.3.5 Stock should it fail. The only way to recover is the unbrick method that uses the Electrify software as a base which is far less than ideal. This is the main reason why it has not been publicly released.
Tegra2 1.2 Beta does work on a locked Atrix however if install fails, it requires SBF to stock to recover.
Tegra2 1.2 Beta does work on an unlocked Atrix/Electrify/Photon

Other Issues
Repo's and apps have been disappearing from synaptic as the base is many years old. With everything going on (1400mi move, have civilians throw us under the bus and so on) I still am nowhere close to a proper replacement for the Ubuntop/Webtop base. Th3Bill has expressed interest in maybe getting Ubuntu Touch on the MoPho and maybe our cousins as well. I will see where we can go with this and if it could serve as an alternative. I will also continue to find/build a suitable replacement for the base code.
Are there any updates ubunTop for photon/electrify with locked bootloader?
Even if build is risky, have many bugs and other, I can be a tester.
Or, maybe it's available on your site at donators section?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'M BACK!!!

After having to back away from development and the community for a while for numerous reasons I'm back. I have a ton of PM's (mostly OMAP release requests) to read as well as threads so I'm playing catch up.

My goals for UT/WT+ will be another base change as well as a unified locked/unlocked version for Tegra2 devices. This will increase install time significantly but allow those with locked phones running Gingerbread the ability to use UT/WT+. I may release a fast installer version of the upcoming new release but make no promises. There is still no UT/WT+ solution for ICS and JBean users so please don't ask.

I will also be updating the website and changing a few things to make D/L's a bit easier for folks. So, yes I'm back but it may be a few days before new releases and site updates appear.
    I haven't forgotten about Ubuntop, just been busy with life. With repos dropping off and the brickwall that Avant has become it has changed the game significantly. I was almost finished with an XFCE "Unity look" build that would have fit on the Atrix then packages started disappearing from the repos. Had I known this I would have never put all that time into going through packages one by one to see what I could remove to get XFCE to fit.

Since then I've been trying to get something that is based on more current code while trying to get it to fit on an Atrix. Right now it's down to a base Puppy Debian ARM build but this now requires I build a working Puppy image that duplicates Canonical's and Moto's work with little to go on. There's also my desire to have such support implemented in AOSP so you guys are not stuck on GB. With many of the other webtop/moto devs having moved on this is a slow process.

I am also planning a relaunch of the website in January with at least one familiar name added to the Imperium banner.

Hey guys,

I've followed the instructions exactly as described, but I'm running into 2 problems:

1. I've run Webtop2sd without any errors thrown. Unfortunately, even though disk analyzer shows 2gb of space available on a 3gb partition, synaptic and apt-get are throwing an error essentially saying I don't have enough space to install the software I have attempted (OpenOffice, vlc).

2. Some of the repositories included by default do not seem to exist anymore.

From terminal in Ubuntop, run this command "df -h" and let me know what you get.

As far as the repos disappearing, Webtop was based on some very old code. The problem is that on the Atrix, getting an updated Ubuntu build to fit inside the 750MB partition is near impossible as even Maverick is dropping off as well.

Will UbunTop run over HDMI? I have an Otterbox Defender case and don't want to take the case off to drop it into the HD dock so I'd like to run it over HDMI (with bluetooth mouse/keyboard).

I did find a thread "[Q] Forcing Webtop over HDMI Cable" but it requires replacing several files so I was wondering if that trick would work for UbunTop?

If your ROM doesn't already support it then use nebtop.

If installing a new Gingerbread ROM, how can I preserve my Ubuntop setup?

Copy /data/home to you SDCard
    install your rom but do not format /osh
    after you set up your rom, copy your backup of /data/home back to the phone

This will preserve any customizations you have done to the desktop as well as any files/shortcuts you may have created.
    I've been trying to get together as much data as I can regarding the six Tegra2 devices that Moto dropped (eight if read by model number) as well as trying to locate the bloody ICS and JB Photon leaks (do not ask how I know they exist). I have also been trying to get what info I have to the proper press outlets like I did on Friday to break the news and reaching out to Moto via public and official means. As a result my dev time has been limited.

I can't remember if I uploaded the new menupatch yet for 1.1.0 but will try to get that taken care of. I also have not received much feedback from Imperium members regarding Beta 1.2.0. I'm still working on things but I hope folks understand that I'm also trying to help Moto Tegra2 owners as a whole.