How do you think this sold on Verizon?

Search This thread

adampa1006

May 11, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
Any indications? I have only seen a few people out and about with the N2, much more s3s. Verizon is so picky about picking up phones, I don't want any problems with them getting the Note 3. Now only if they weren't the last one to get it like the Note 2.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

jiwengang

Feb 6, 2011
New York
www.opinionatedfool.com
Any indications? I have only seen a few people out and about with the N2, much more s3s. Verizon is so picky about picking up phones, I don't want any problems with them getting the Note 3. Now only if they weren't the last one to get it like the Note 2.....

I think they sold great. I saw many many people in my daily commute trains with Note 2. Surprisingly, many are girls with verizon white version.

chrisjz

Aug 24, 2010
Japan
I see people with N2s all the time. Might be areas had less advertising? I do see people with more S3s than n2s though. I would say I actually see more samsung phones than iphones now a days.

JetBlue

Jan 6, 2012
I see people with N2s all the time. Might be areas had less advertising? I do see people with more S3s than n2s though. I would say I actually see more samsung phones than iphones now a days.

Mostly based on area for that it's the other way around for me only seeing iPhones everywhere I go but see maybe 2 Android phones.

shangrila500

Jan 24, 2010

Exactly, I see more Sammy phones in my area than iPhones now. Before the release of the S3 and Note 2 it was the other way around. I predominantly see people with AT&T and VZW Note 2's, a few S3's, and maybe 1 iPhone on my trips to town. In fact my local VZW store only keeps 2 iPhones of each size/color in store because they sell so slowly.

Honestly I think the N2 on VZW sold like hotcakes. Possibly as good or, hopefully, better than the S3.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

joshw0000

Jun 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Check Craigslist. Used GN2's STILL sell for $500+. I like to bounce around phones and try them all. What's the point when the N2 does everything? I'll probably switch to the S4 soon but that's not to say I wont get the N3 when it comes out. Samsung is doing it right.

Apple is losing market share, HTC is barely hanging on (sealed battery doors and no expandable memory - WTF??), and Motorola is doing it's thing. They build great phones but the locked bootloader is a NO for me...although Google is in bed with them now and recently someone "cracked" the HD/M military grade bootloader so we need to watch out for new stuff from Moto. But my money is still on Sammy. Same for my Allshare Cast, GN10.1, laptop, and TV.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Robcadams1974

kimdoocheol

Jan 9, 2012
I don't think that well. Two months after the release VZW knocked down the price $100. doesn't seem like they would do that if it was selling really well.

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando
Every verizon store I went to in greater Orlando area never had some left. The flipcases for white were always also sold out but they had plenty of the itanium or whatever flips and 1-3 of those in stock.

Also on swappa theyre selling fast...and on ebay too so! Its doing well. Maybe some like me ordered oem parts and did a part switch to remove branding or its just hidden behind the flip/case.

Everytime I pull out the phone people comment about it, so I decided to stop bieng vzws free advertising.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

enik_fox

Apr 4, 2011
Dahlonega, Ga
I mean they don't sell as well as the galaxy s3 but we still sell around 10 per week. We sell more note 2's than htc DNAs or Motorola RAZR HDs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: geoff5093

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Obviously sold well, I purchased one!

:)

I do see the note and note II everywhere. Makes me happy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

shrike1978

Jun 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I don't think that well. Two months after the release VZW knocked down the price $100. doesn't seem like they would do that if it was selling really well.
Not sure where you're getting your info, but it's still selling at the release price of $299.99 and it's 5 months out. They might have run a sale or special on it at some point, but the website still lists it at $299.99 right now. It's more expensive than the S4.

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando
Not sure where you're getting your info, but it's still selling at the release price of $299.99 and it's 5 months out. They might have run a sale or special on it at some point, but the website still lists it at $299.99 right now. It's more expensive than the S4.

I think that price is the only thing keeping it from retail bliss. Everyone who doesn't want the note to begin with thinks its an oversized S3. So....they would go for the s3 at 50 bucks versus 4x as much for what they think is nearly identical....when its not.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

shangrila500

Jan 24, 2010
Obviously sold well, I purchased one!

:)

I do see the note and note II everywhere. Makes me happy.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

I purchased one also, and at full damned price! My main reason for that was because VZW and Sammy refused to acknowledge the radio issues, which made the S3 unusable at my house while the Note 2 gets as good if not better service than the Motorola phones I have used, and when I asked if they would send a different S3 out for me to test and see if it was just an issue with my phone they refused and offered to send me an original Razr...... I decided that I wanted to keep my unlimited, I had an upgrade, and actually be able to use my phone to make calls so I gave in and bought the Note 2.

I must say that this is the first phone I have been 100% happy with after using it for 3 or 4 months, usually something better has come out and I get fed up with the bugs but with the N2 I can fix the bugs myself, what few there are, and it is the first phone that has actually fit my hands perfectly.

This phone sold like hotcakes when it first came out in my town, for the first 6 months they would sell out the day they got their shipment of them in the store. They sold so fast here that the store had a list of people wanting it and they would call when they got a shipment, it takes me ten minutes to get to the stores and by the time I would get there they were all gone. Walmart and Radioshack were also always sold out so I finally just had to give in and order it off Verizons website. They still sell extremely quick here but now they usually have at least 1 by the time their next shipment I comes in.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

adampa1006

May 11, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
That's awesome. I'm glad so many people are seeing the light over Iphones. My gf wants a new phone she has the iPhone 4 I think I convinced her to get a S4 :)

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
My grandmother had a iphone 4s and now the iphone5 that she loves. however when i pulled out my note 2, she put the iphone away and kept saying how nice the n2 is LOL.

Reactions: chrisjz

eakeller

Sep 3, 2008
Washington, DC
My grandmother had a iphone 4s and now the iphone5 that she loves. however when i pulled out my note 2, she put the iphone away and kept saying how nice the n2 is LOL.

The typical font size on the Note is definitely easier on the eyes than the iPhone or even 4.3"screens for me. My vision isn't bad to the point where I need reading glasses, but when I switch between phones the size of the Note is really easy to like.

chrisjz

Aug 24, 2010
Japan

I was at the vet the other day and this old man was there talking about how he was turning 85. Then he pulls out his iphone and starts showing me pictures. I pull my n2 out and he's like "is that the Galaxy note 2 or the S4?!?" He said he was so tired of how simple his iphone was and wanted to switch. Was so surprised someone his age new so much about phones. This guy was a true techie. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
The typical font size on the Note is definitely easier on the eyes than the iPhone or even 4.3"screens for me. My vision isn't bad to the point where I need reading glasses, but when I switch between phones the size of the Note is really easy to like.

Ya I agree, but I was running 240dpi.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

I was at the vet the other day and this old man was there talking about how he was turning 85. Then he pulls out his iphone and starts showing me pictures. I pull my n2 out and he's like "is that the Galaxy note 2 or the S4?!?" He said he was so tired of how simple his iphone was and wanted to switch. Was so surprised someone his age new so much about phones. This guy was a true techie. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

He sounds like my grandfather... the man is a genius with windows, especially for being 72. Its funny how many people start looking out of the corner of their eyes when the note 2 comes out to play lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check Craigslist. Used GN2's STILL sell for $500+. I like to bounce around phones and try them all. What's the point when the N2 does everything? I'll probably switch to the S4 soon but that's not to say I wont get the N3 when it comes out. Samsung is doing it right.

Apple is losing market share, HTC is barely hanging on (sealed battery doors and no expandable memory - WTF??), and Motorola is doing it's thing. They build great phones but the locked bootloader is a NO for me...although Google is in bed with them now and recently someone "cracked" the HD/M military grade bootloader so we need to watch out for new stuff from Moto. But my money is still on Sammy. Same for my Allshare Cast, GN10.1, laptop, and TV.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    I mean they don't sell as well as the galaxy s3 but we still sell around 10 per week. We sell more note 2's than htc DNAs or Motorola RAZR HDs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2