[Q] Can't factory reset Galaxy Tab 2

Search This thread

pritish.sahoo

May 30, 2014
I have a samsung galaxy tab 2 GTP3100. today it suddenly started to restart in every few minutes.

I tried to uninstall lastly installed app, but the device restarted every time I tried to do something with it. Then i tried to reset it from the settings>>backup & Restore. but no gain. the device was as it was before.

then i tried with system recovery mode. it opened with an error message

did not match sized 'system/csc/common/system/csc/default_workplace.xml' (No data found)

despite tht I performed "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition"

it said to have completed the above operation, no further error message. I rebooted the system... but no gain.. same as before.. not a single change. and the "restarting problem" was ther.

Could anyone please help me?

thank you in advance

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I have a samsung galaxy tab 2 GTP3100. today it suddenly started to restart in every few minutes.

I tried to uninstall lastly installed app, but the device restarted every time I tried to do something with it. Then i tried to reset it from the settings>>backup & Restore. but no gain. the device was as it was before.

did not match sized 'system/csc/common/system/csc/default_workplace.xml' (No data found)

it said to have completed the above operation, no further error message. I rebooted the system... but no gain.. same as before.. not a single change. and the "restarting problem" was ther.

thank you in advance

I would re-install the stock firmware with Odin, then reset.

Reactions: rudrapratap03

pritish.sahoo

May 30, 2014

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried with ODIN. even the local service station guy couldn't fix it.
In download mode, it took forever but to download the package.

could it be any Hardware problem? I don't think so. because I can play movies and music before it restarts again.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Thanks for your reply.

I have tried with ODIN. even the local service station guy couldn't fix it.
In download mode, it took forever but to download the package.

could it be any Hardware problem? I don't think so. because I can play movies and music before it restarts again.

I'm not sure what is relevant about the time it took to download the file...?

What happened while installing the firmware via Odin? Did it finish? Did it have errors?

Next option would be to try to install a custom recovery and use that to reset the phone or install a custom rom.

pritish.sahoo

May 30, 2014
I'm not sure what is relevant about the time it took to download the file...?

What happened while installing the firmware via Odin? Did it finish? Did it have errors?

Next option would be to try to install a custom recovery and use that to reset the phone or install a custom rom.

the package didn't download at all. It stuck in the very beginning. i waited almost an hour then stopped trying.

rudrapratap03

May 20, 2014
Jaipur
Reach your nearest Service centre

I m clueless. Is there any other way to fix it?
As per the Senior Member has described, it is the best way to resent the tab. But as you are not able to administer the odin, I will suggest you to get your mobile reset from the Service centre in your locality. By default, to reset the tab you have to press the volume down button and then gently press the menu button. It will show the option of wipe.
As you are saying that it is not working, I think service centre is the best option.

pritish.sahoo

May 30, 2014
As per the Senior Member has described, it is the best way to resent the tab. But as you are not able to administer the odin, I will suggest you to get your mobile reset from the Service centre in your locality. By default, to reset the tab you have to press the volume down button and then gently press the menu button. It will show the option of wipe.
As you are saying that it is not working, I think service centre is the best option.

rudrapratap03, thanks for your reply

I would like to tell you that i went to the service station, the technician also failed to reset the device in Odin mode. and suggested me to change the board. I don't think there would be any hardware problem as I could use the device to play music and videos, before it restarts itself again. I could read books for hour (if i do the reading only).

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
What are you clueless on? Whether or not you downloaded the file? I'm not sure how that part is confusing. Or are you talking about that you put it in Download Mode and then Odin didn't do anything? If that is the case, then without telling us what Odin was doing or what the log said, then how do you expect anyone to be able to help troubleshoot?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thank you in advance