[official] hang out thread.

Search This thread

ragnarokxg

Jul 10, 2012
I love my phone even though I do think the Nexus is a good phone, my girlfriend just got one as a replacement for her broken thunderbolt and I am happy with my decision to wait for the incredible 4g.

CaptainRewind

Oct 19, 2009
Denver, CO
It's been a while since anyone posted here.

I feel so demoted without root... I've become a (l)user. I've been a Linux admin for years, and am now a software dev. This is my 4th Android device, and I'm accustomed to having root... It's really freaking annoying. I hate it when big companies take control away from their own customers.

I've played around with all the exploits I could find for other ICS devices... Nothing.

Here's hoping our Verizon petition, Hansoon's unlock token comparison, or lazypanda come through.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda app-developers app

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
it's been a while since anyone posted here.

I feel so demoted without root... I've become a (l)user. I've been a linux admin for years, and am now a software dev. This is my 4th android device, and i'm accustomed to having root... It's really freaking annoying. I hate it when big companies take control away from their own customers.

I've played around with all the exploits i could find for other ics devices... Nothing.

Here's hoping our verizon petition, hansoon's unlock token comparison, or lazypanda come through.

Sent from my adr6410lvw using xda app-developers app

yes, it's getting very depressing

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
What are the gsm capabilities of the phone?

Wassup in here? This place is so quiet for a new phone.. not the flagship phone, huh? guess that will keep out unwanted crowd! :D

I'm aiming at Droid Incredible 5G LTE DUA Kickass Hotrod... Yup. :angel: That'll be my next phone, if they carry on with the Incredible line up.. as I need to wait till next year for an upgrade and I am more than satisfied with JB on the Dinc2... All other phones are apparently designed for humanoids with Kielbasas for fingers... :p :D

ohredwood

Jan 2, 2011
Dallas
i see verizon lowered the price on the 4g lte today to 99.00. now they want to sell phones, well good luck

You know Aldo, I was at work last night thinking to myself, is it possible this is something bigger than what we see? I mean, is it VZ having a pissy fit with HTC over something stupid? Is it VZ wanting to snuggle up a little more to Crapple. A message to send to LG or another vendor, that maybe somebody just doesn't want this phone to be successful. 99 bucks now, hell in a month it could be 49 bucks, it wouldn't really change much for their bottom line.
The form factor is key for those that have bought it, and it might also be the form factor that has VZ thinking we don't want it and were gonna show you people don't want it. From our perspective, for a lot of folks, they are gonna say well why the hell would I buy this when I can get the gs3 for a little more, more screen and jellybean plus root.....

I just don't see the stupididty, of not offering the ability to unlock for those that technically saavy enough to do it. Honestly, if this their future on their quad core octocore whatever's, they can keep them too.

Hopefully you all crack it, because it will make it that much cheaper for me to buy off contract and keep me unlimited :)

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You know Aldo, I was at work last night thinking to myself, is it possible this is something bigger than what we see? I mean, is it VZ having a pissy fit with HTC over something stupid? Is it VZ wanting to snuggle up a little more to Crapple. A message to send to LG or another vendor, that maybe somebody just doesn't want this phone to be successful. 99 bucks now, hell in a month it could be 49 bucks, it wouldn't really change much for their bottom line.
The form factor is key for those that have bought it, and it might also be the form factor that has VZ thinking we don't want it and were gonna show you people don't want it. From our perspective, for a lot of folks, they are gonna say well why the hell would I buy this when I can get the gs3 for a little more, more screen and jellybean plus root.....

I just don't see the stupididty, of not offering the ability to unlock for those that technically saavy enough to do it. Honestly, if this their future on their quad core octocore whatever's, they can keep them too.

Hopefully you all crack it, because it will make it that much cheaper for me to buy off contract and keep me unlimited :)

Walmart has it for 39.99, LET'S TALK.COM for about the same
of course this is with contract or new contract, off contract price ia about the same,they want to push the shared plan i think.

Last edited:

Nyobie

Jan 6, 2012
Gee, it's really quiet here. What happened to the bartender? I was gonna order a traditional margarita with Patron Silver on the rocks with salt. Yum! But it's no fun sitting in an empty room.

:(

Sent from my HTC Incredible 4G on Verizon's periodically blazing fast and mostly reliable 4G LTE network using xda-developers app

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Gee, it's really quiet here. What happened to the bartender? I was gonna order a traditional margarita with Patron Silver on the rocks with salt. Yum! But it's no fun sitting in an empty room.

:(

Sent from my HTC Incredible 4G on Verizon's periodically blazing fast and mostly reliable 4G LTE network using xda-developers app

I'll fax you a bourbon, ok

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So this phone got really cheap for the holidays with Verizon... anyone else think we'll see a rush after Christmas of people into this community?

Hopefully...then this place will start to pick up! Cheap price, s off, and decent specs should bring more people

would be nice :p

hopefully ill get some time over christmas to work on a viper update
    Any chance viper will put out jb 4.1.1 with sense 4+ I'm thinking of grabbing this phone it free with my upgrade.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

When we have jellybean officially for this phone ill work on it, yes
    Really, this is the biggest thing holding me back. Because of the impending S-OFF, this phone finally has potential. Unfortunately, it's still not clear whether there will be more than 2-3 ROMs maintained for it. Whereas, with the Nexus 4, I'll have my choice of 20+ ROMs after a relatively short wait.

I know it sounds like my mind is made up, but really I'm on the fence. I have the best service and speed available in the country with my Verizon plan, but I also want flexibility with my phone and a developer community interested in the device.

well the amount of roms available with nexus devices is a tad misleading

really its this:

cm-whatever
    aokp
    miui
    paranoid android
    stock android

everything else is derivative of those roms....by another name

yes the gnex (and the nexus 4 to follow) has 500 billion roms, but if you can show me one that isnt based almost entirely off the work of the previously mentioned ones, id be shocked

now is it going to have the best aosp experience possible? yes, of course...and it will always be up to date (well until google stop supporting it, but thats not anytime soon)

im not trying to discourage you at all from getting a nexus, if aosp is what you prefer anyway, by all means :)

just trying to illuminate the misnomer about the amount of "development" and roms available on nexus devices....its a few original roms and a heck of a lot of kanging/throms (throms = roms that only have a theme and no development)
    if we do not recieve it i guess ill try to port it ;)

Ive been told jellybean is a definite, but not to expect it for awhile
    any plans to update your kernel to 2.17?

Yeah. Just need to find the time. Been pretty busy with work and family.