[INDEX] Droid Incredible 4G LTE Resource Index

Search This thread

jcpowell

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I didn't say you should of been banned or that you had used "words" I just thought you were being an ungrateful prick and I used G+ to show others how ungrateful since I tend to get in trouble here sometimes. I believe a few folks on there may had said that in the comments but...
No I'll feelings here, I'm an asshole but a respectful asshole at least.;)

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda app-developers app

jcpowell

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
A have to say goodbye to you fine folks I've reached my limit with this phone and decided to move on....my DNA will be here tomorrow, I know it's already outdated a little and it's not the "ONE" which I planned to upgrade to, but at the price I got it brand new off contract (keeping my unlimited data) I could not pass it up. Still clutching to unlimited data is what got me this phone after the dinc2 so I'm thrilled to keep it and upgrade to the DNA.:)
Thank you @mdmower for your work here. You are the reason I kept this phone as long as I did. Thank you @jose51197 your work was much appreciated also.
Thank you to @JunkMail and @nitsuj17 and @andybones and anyone else that I forgot your work here has been great.

Last edited:

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
A have to say goodbye to you fine folks I've reached my limit with this phone and decided to move on....my DNA will be here tomorrow, I know it's already outdated a little and it's not the "ONE" which I planned to upgrade to, but at the price I got it brand new off contract (keeping my unlimited data) I could not pass it up. Still clutching to unlimited data is what got me this phone after the dinc2 so I'm thrilled to keep it and upgrade to the DNA.:)
Thank you @mdmower for your work here. You are the reason I kept this phone as long as I did. Thank you @jose51197 your work was much appreciated also.
Thank you to @JunkMail and @nitsuj17 and @andybones and anyone else that I forgot your work here has been great.

thanks for the shout-out brother.
Wish you got the HTC One, I just got one myself.

Reactions: jcpowell

jcpowell

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I will get it I'm sure, it's just a matter of time till I come to submit to a lower data plan and use the Verizon Edge to upgrade. The 6 GB for $30 is a little enticing versus $30 for 2 GB that others get.

Last edited:

mdmower

Sep 14, 2011

invisiblek has been hard-at-work on getting cm-10.2 official nightlies going -- I've been monitoring his progress on IRC. You'll have a great AOSP option soon.

Last edited:

junkmail9

Thank you to @JunkMail9 and @nitsuj17 and @andybones and anyone else that I forgot your work here has been great.

Dang. Sorry to see you go. Enjoy the unlimited as long as you can :D

If you do get the DNA or HTC whatever, let me know and I will try and port those ..erm.. custom ..cough.. boot animations for you. I think I still have the source hidden away somewhere. LOL :)

jcpowell

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Dang. Sorry to see you go. Enjoy the unlimited as long as you can :D

If you do get the DNA or HTC whatever, let me know and I will try and port those ..erm.. custom ..cough.. boot animations for you. I think I still have the source hidden away somewhere. LOL :)

I plan to clutch to it (unlimited data) like a old corpse clutches to his gold. Yeah Igot my DNA today and I'm really enjoying it. I really appreciate the screen and resolution. Now I've got a new phone to hack and mod.:D J
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

rafey3.0

Oct 12, 2013
Hi, so Im this complete noob in the android department and I really need help. I have a Verizon HTC droid incredible 4G LTE (Korean) and its running on JB( I really dont know which ROM is it). now the thing is that as I got this from someone who was a noob himself, he didn't update the sense so its basically 3.6. I researched a bit and tried updating but my recovery would not detect the file(bootloader's unlocked though). I tried rooting the device but it said I needed something called and insecure boot image which I tried flashing but the bootloader failed to detect the file.I really dont know what to do at the moment.

my software details:
android version-4.2.1
sense version-3.6
sofware number-4.03.605.2 710 RD
kernel version-3.0 16-g480e1b0 htc kernel@u18000-build-144#1
baseband version- 2.22.100801r, 2.22.10.0803r

Again, I apologize for my stupidity. help would be really appreciated :D

jose51197

Jan 15, 2012
Cartago
http://www.chameleonos.org/index.php It's essentially MIUI-us minus one guy who stayed on miui-us. literally one guy. and we have official support so check them out
lol i did that a while ago http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2308292

Hi, so Im this complete noob in the android department and I really need help. I have a Verizon HTC droid incredible 4G LTE (Korean) and its running on JB( I really dont know which ROM is it). now the thing is that as I got this from someone who was a noob himself, he didn't update the sense so its basically 3.6. I researched a bit and tried updating but my recovery would not detect the file(bootloader's unlocked though). I tried rooting the device but it said I needed something called and insecure boot image which I tried flashing but the bootloader failed to detect the file.I really dont know what to do at the moment.

my software details:
android version-4.2.1
sense version-3.6
sofware number-4.03.605.2 710 RD
kernel version-3.0 16-g480e1b0 htc kernel@u18000-build-144#1
baseband version- 2.22.100801r, 2.22.10.0803r

Again, I apologize for my stupidity. help would be really appreciated :D
i think you dont have a incredible lte, software version, baseband and sense version(3.6 being the incredible shipped with 4.0) make no sense, i am sure that software version is for the htc rezound, nothing on this forums will help go to rezound forums instead

rafey3.0

Oct 12, 2013
lol i did that a while ago http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2308292

i think you dont have a incredible lte, software version, baseband and sense version(3.6 being the incredible shipped with 4.0) make no sense, i am sure that software version is for the htc rezound, nothing on this forums will help go to rezound forums instead

well this is embarassing.......It is the rezound, I have really crossed the lines of stupidity now :/

Last edited:

nom_2

Dec 16, 2013
ROM Help

So I had CM running for about a month and tried to install Viper. When I tried to install viper I accidentally hit full format/flash rather than dirty flash and then copied over the boot image. I tried to reboot into recovery but when I get into HBOOT and select recovery I see the CWM screen for a second and then it tries to boot up and then locks up after the viper animation and stays on the HTC one screen. Any suggestions on how I can get back to either CM or stock ROM? I have old CM backups on my computer...

wmuflyer

Feb 14, 2011
Kalamazoo
Looks like a Moderator removed it and with no updates in the last 2 years a lot has changed in the device development so it would most likely not work with a current device. You can get everything running however you want with the different Root/S-off methods available.

Hello,
I have been to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1758682, but I do not see the download link for the AIO Toolkit. Please direct me to the right place.
Thanks,
Bernie

Looks like a Moderator removed it and with no updates in the last 2 years a lot has changed in the device development so it would most likely not work with a current device. You can get everything running however you want with the different Root/S-off methods available.

Rumrunner worked for me when I unlocked, rooted and s-offed my friends HTC fireball.

Last edited:

naturalstamina

Nov 12, 2011
can anyone help me...
i tried rooting earlier today with the automatic script that mdmower made at http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2214653

I pressed option 1 and it found my phone fine said having no unlock ring and seeing red ring is normal and sometimes it hangs

and then it moved to step 2, it said device not found, and waiting for device - some people say it took a while so i left before leaving to work, 8 hours went by and still nothing.

now if i try to pick back up on option 2 it says it requires SU and it is not found. would sideloading fix this?

I can pull the notifications bar down, but have no buttons at the bottom or the ring to unlock, anyone know how to save the phone?

either to get back to stock or to complete the root from here..

SOLUTION:::: if anyone has trouble rooting like i did using the given methods, just go to rumrunner directly and try their method after all drivers, should get you going

Last edited:
Reactions: n00b-xda-disciple
can anyone help me...
i tried rooting earlier today with the automatic script that mdmower made at http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2214653

I pressed option 1 and it found my phone fine said having no unlock ring and seeing red ring is normal and sometimes it hangs

and then it moved to step 2, it said device not found, and waiting for device - some people say it took a while so i left before leaving to work, 8 hours went by and still nothing.

now if i try to pick back up on option 2 it says it requires SU and it is not found. would sideloading fix this?

I can pull the notifications bar down, but have no buttons at the bottom or the ring to unlock, anyone know how to save the phone?

either to get back to stock or to complete the root from here..

SOLUTION:::: if anyone has trouble rooting like i did using the given methods, just go to rumrunner directly and try their method after all drivers, should get you going
As stated in my previous post. You should have tried it first. Worked first time no problem. Don't forget to make backups before you go crazy modding, you might have to recover at some point. Good luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LAST UPDATED: 09/07/2013

I have been asked to make a resource guide for our phone. In this guide, I will post links and descriptions for all sorts of nifty things for our device. I was planning to make something more ambitious, but time last weekend was limited, as it is this weekend, and I wanted to get this out there for people. I've only listed the ones which appear to be relevant to the most recent update or are actively supported or updated.

If I missed one or you feel you've been left out, let me know!

All credit is to the original creators or uploaders. If you would like your link removed from this index, please ask.

Rooting-Related
    So, you want to root your phone? Well, you've got a few options.
    • Team Fireballas FakeCID Bootloader Unlock - This manual method fakes a non-Verizon Super-CID which allows you to unlock your bootloader to allow new ROMs and a custom recovery. You can't flash different radios or do anything which directly affects the hardware. It's also potentially invasive in that your phone's serial number is given to HTC as being unlocked, possibly preventing warranty replacement.
    • Automated Unlock/SuperCID/Temp-Root scripts for Windows and Linux - mdmower has an automated script which for those of you who want an automated temp-root to either unlock continue the Bootloader Unlock method or make your phone S-OFF.
    • DirtyRacun S-OFF - This method unlocks your phone to allow custom software and firmware, including radios. It's also not known to be traceable, and going back to S-ON is very simple.
    • Facepalm S-OFF - For those of you who haven't already obtained S-OFF, here's another method for you.

Custom Recoveries
    Like with the ways of rooting, there are currently 2 custom recoveries available.
    • Team Win Recovery Project - This is a touch-based recovery which includes all the functionality of the recoveries you're used to which ruined your volume and power buttons.
    • ClockworkMod Recovery - There are actually a couple options here, one of which is the standard button-killing recovery, and the other allows gestures.

Custom ROMs
    There are a few ROMs out there for our phone, some of which are quite nice.
    • Team Venom Presents: ViperLTE - This ROM is based on the most recent software update, 2.17.605.2. It adds several much-needed tweaks and allows for theming.
    • Tachyon - A CyanogenMod-based ROM with the newest version of Android.
    • CyanogenMod - The most popular custom ROM, presently based on Jellybean.
    • Pizzuto Claws - Interesting ROM which implements several tweaks and has some nice features.
    • Pacman ROM - Paranoid AOKP Cyanogen
    • Avatar ROM - Interesting mix of CM10.1 with MIUI theming. Check it out.
    • JellyBam - A ROM developed without being posted on XDA. Interesting.
    • miuiv5 - For those of you who love MIUI.
    • Stock Rooted De-Odexed ROM - For those of you who want a mostly stock HTC Sense experience without all the add-ons and tweaks, this ROM is for you.

Utilities/Scripts
    Listed below are some utilities and scripts which provide valuable user experiences. If it pertains to a specific ROM, I will specify and underline.
    • Hasoon2000's All-in-One Toolkit - This tool provides many essential functions for utilizing your device to its fullest potential. Includes bootloader unlock methods, custom recovery flashing, and more.
    • SuperWipe - This script allows you to wipe everything needed to flash another ROM with just a simple flash of a zip file.
    • RegrawMOD Bootloader Customizer - With this tool, you can change the text in your HBOOT to whatever you like as long as you are S-OFF.

Mods
    Listed below are several mods that have been made for various ROMs. If a mod is ROM-specific, I will specify and underline.
    • Sense 5 Mod - Unofficial build of Sense 5 for the Fireball.
    • ImageSense - This mod allows a variant of the ImageSense mod in the One series of phones.
    • Jose51197's Infernal AOSP Kernel - Kernel for AOSP-based ROMs.
    • Jose51197's Infernal Kernel - Kernel for non-AOSP-based ROMs.
    • SD Card Swap Mod - This mod switches the mounting position of the SD card and internal eMMC storage. You may need to switch everything on your SD card and internal storage if anything saves to one or the other specifically and you want to keep it that way.
    • 3 Button Remap - This only applies to the stock ROM! You can switch the Recent Apps capacitive button to be like the old menu button and get the 3 dot menu button off the user interface for most apps.

Kernel Source
    So, you want to make your own kernel? Awesome.
    • To obtain these files, it's easiest to go to the HTCDev website and download them.
    • Hasoon2000 also made the kernel source for the original ROM available.
    • Alternate links for the newest kernel source have been redistributed in this post.

Stock ROM Stuff
    Listed below are the stock RUUs and radios which may be necessary in the event something unexpected or unfortunate happens to your phone and you need to return to stock.
    • RUUs - Posted here are the RUUs which will return your phone completely to stock.
    • Stock Everything Else - Thanks to Andybones for making a collection of the stock boot images, HBOOT, recoveries, and radios.

Themes
    Listed below are the some themes you can apply to your ROMs or custom recoveries. If one applies only to a specific ROM, I will mention and underline it.
    • TWRP Holo Themes - These themes have been ported to our device. They give your TWRP Recovery a new look.
    • TWRP HTC Theme - Here is an HTC theme for your TWRP Recovery.
    • Lockring Mod - While technically a mod, it gives a new theme/look to your lockscreen's ring.
    • Custom Splash Screens - Andybones has listed several custom splash screens and how to apply them.

Various
    HTC Drivers - mdmower has posted a collection of HTC drivers for your consumption.
    All I want is a Cyanogenmod-like ROM, but based on ICS. The little tweaks (notification LED fix, volume-rocker track changes, transitions, Trebuchet), but without the downside of flaky signal strength and camera focus.

Seriously, ICS + Notification LED fix + Volume track control + Trebuchet would be awesome.

Those ideas do sound awesome! You should start building now and report back once you're complete!

3) Fix the grammar in your menus. Looks tacky when you're using teenager slang.

This is a sentence fragment. Please consider revising it. Please don't attempt to correct grammar on the internet if your grammar is even slightly incompetent.

Lastly, you should be appreciative of what these people do and the amount of time they spend learning and building for free. You self-entitled schmuck.
    Found another ROM not listed

Hey, I found another rom not listen on here called JellyBam
    get.jellybam.com/stable/fireball/
    Really nice IceDragon59! Thanks for doing this.

Can you also include a link to the latest version of my script in the S-OFF description? It includes an option to automatically put your phone in temp-root mode.

nitsuj17's stock, rooted 2.17.605.2 ROM would also be a worthwhile addition.

Also, looks like you got your sticky, you can probably edit the title.

Added both the stock de-odexed ROM and your script. I didn't realize you had updated the script from the one that Jose added to the original post, otherwise I would have linked to it, too.