Samsung keyboard on stock kitkat not working?

Search This thread

hypnodaz

Jan 19, 2014
If I flash stock kitkat my Samsung keyboard won't work (force closes over and over).. I've no problems with any custom roms, on sweetrom now with no problem.. It's not a massive issue but it's annoying me! Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix it?
P. S- installing SwiftKey etc isn't fixing it..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
If I flash stock kitkat my Samsung keyboard won't work (force closes over and over).. I've no problems with any custom roms, on sweetrom now with no problem.. It's not a massive issue but it's annoying me! Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix it?
P. S- installing SwiftKey etc isn't fixing it..

You may need to do a full wipe when you flash stock, it's possible something has corrupted somewhere along the line.

hypnodaz

Jan 19, 2014
Yeah I've tried all the usual tricks, re - downloaded stock from several places with no luck.. It's baffling me..

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Yeah I've tried all the usual tricks, re - downloaded stock from several places with no luck.. It's baffling me..

Format all your data in system via CWM - then reinstall your ROM from scratch, it'll fix any coruption issues. ->>> Important >>> Make sure you make/get a PIT file for your device before you change anything in case you need to sort your partitions out for a reflash

hypnodaz

Jan 19, 2014
Nope still got the same problem.. Must be some weird conflict with my phone that I can't pin down.. Like I say I'm on a custom rom anyway but it irritates me because I know it's still there...

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Nope still got the same problem.. Must be some weird conflict with my phone that I can't pin down.. Like I say I'm on a custom rom anyway but it irritates me because I know it's still there...

How bizarre :confused: , I'd stick with the custom ROM for now just in case something else gets crazy corrupted - This Kitkat stuff atm is causing havoc all around.

hypnodaz

Jan 19, 2014
Yeah I think you're right, maybe different batches of phones and buggy kitkat are causing problems for a few of us? It'll all get ironed out in the end hopefully..

Colide

Apr 1, 2012
Prishtina
I got the same problem. KitKat update failed in the end and had to CF_Root in order to boot up.
Action Memo (with pen) are not working for me as well. It is all linked with Handwiting somehow.
Is your Action Memo broken also ?

The only thing that I didn't do is Wipe Data/Factory Reset in Recovery mode.
Did you try that ?

Last edited:
Reactions: ziotom2

alisj99

Dec 8, 2013
I got the same problem. KitKat update failed in the end and had to CF_Root in order to boot up.
Action Memo (with pen) are not working for me as well. It is all linked with Handwiting somehow.

Did you try that ?

got the same problem as yours, no idea why though, after the update samsung keyboard and action memo stopped working.

I think I will wipe it tomorrow but it seems it's not working either

alisj99

Dec 8, 2013
I'm checking around and they say that problem probably lies in the application S Pen Keep, there is no data on this one ... I guess as you said it's linked to the handwriting recognition. tried to do that using Snote transform into text as well and it immediately stopped working as well..

Colide

Apr 1, 2012
Prishtina
For time being I'm using different keyboard and I like it better than stock one. I really don't want to wipe a phone. Takes so much time to install everything back.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

scarcett

Feb 5, 2014
Did u guys intentionally or unintentionally uninstalled Samsung apps? From what I've understand, certain Samsung apps needs to be either freeze thru TB or disable it...

Colide

Apr 1, 2012
Prishtina
Haven't touched it. I've upgraded to KitKat without updating a bootloader and it happened.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

alisj99

Dec 8, 2013
same here, got the OTA update, after that it simply stopped working.. I don't need the keyboard .. I need the action memo more

hypnodaz

Jan 19, 2014
Mine still isn't working, I'm on omega rom now so it doesn't affect me, but it still does it if I flash stock... Strange..

alisj99

Dec 8, 2013
try to download another stock rom? maybe that will fix it.. if it did .. let us know... try to download the newest one that came up in Poland..

alisj99

Dec 8, 2013
mine got fixed by formatting and wiping, re-download another stock rom I guess yours has some form of data missing ..
@Colide , just go back to factory settings , will resolve the issue, do it from the recovery of course.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did you try that ?