Why can't I use my full internal storage?

Search This thread

Logan3824

May 8, 2010
So I noticed that when I go to the storage options it says there is 28-29 gigs worth of miscellaneous files when I know for a fact that my internal storage does not have that much on it. I have games installed but nothing more of 5 gigs. I tried running a new game and it said my storage is full but I can't figure out why? Any ideas?

Logan3824

May 8, 2010
Here's a picture. What I don't understand is why can't I use a larger partition for my internal storage ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-05-04-49-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-05-04-49-52.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 109

b00mb00mchuck

Jul 16, 2012
Right here... Right now
You are safestrapped aren't you... You CAN use all that memory... The settings/storage menu is just showing you how much memory you have left in the rom slot you are in right now... Use Root Explorer or whatever to see your actual free memory... It's still there... And yes.. Safestrap is supposed to work this way so you know when the slot partition you are in is getting full.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Cam

Logan3824

May 8, 2010
Well that's the problem. I click on misc files and it doesn't show. The highest one in there is 1.3 gigs then it goes down to ~50mb. I added up them all under misc and it's less than 3 gigs, which is why I don't understand why it says 28? It's causing me to not be able to install certain games >.>

mrlaigle

Jul 22, 2010
Well that's the problem. I click on misc files and it doesn't show. The highest one in there is 1.3 gigs then it goes down to ~50mb. I added up them all under misc and it's less than 3 gigs, which is why I don't understand why it says 28? It's causing me to not be able to install certain games >.>

You need to set the rom as the main. If you put it in one of the slots you will be limited to the storage space. Activate the main partition in safe strap. Delete the rom slot. And flash rom as normal on to the main slot.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Logan3824

Logan3824

May 8, 2010
You need to set the rom as the main. If you put it in one of the slots you will be limited to the storage space. Activate the main partition in safe strap. Delete the rom slot. And flash rom as normal on to the main slot.

This is the answer I needed. Thank you sir. I gave you thanks!:good:

Big Cam

Apr 6, 2011
West Fargo
You are safestrapped aren't you... You CAN use all that memory... The settings/storage menu is just showing you how much memory you have left in the rom slot you are in right now... Use Root Explorer or whatever to see your actual free memory... It's still there... And yes.. Safestrap is supposed to work this way so you know when the slot partition you are in is getting full.
YES, this!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is the answer I needed. Thank you sir. I gave you thanks!:good:

You don't need to do this and ideally you should leave the stock ROM slot stock.

Android just doesn't read storage right when you have safestrap. The only internal storage you loose when using safestrap is how big of a ROM slot partition you create. If you look at your internal storage through something like ES File Explorer, it'll see the true available size. Even though Android says it's full, it's not and your phone will allow you to use it.

mrlaigle

Jul 22, 2010
Yes but ss reads memory correctly when done in the main slot.
rudejy4y.jpg

b00mb00mchuck

Jul 16, 2012
Right here... Right now
Just increases the chance of borking your device if something goes wrong with the stock slot... You could also just create a slot with a larger memory partition so you are still SAFEstrapped

Loading a custom rom in Stock slot goes against the whole purpose of why Safestrap was created.

It's a bummer when the stock slot goes bad and the phone won't even boot into download mode to use Odin and hack your way out of a tight spot.

mrlaigle

Jul 22, 2010
Safe strap is sandboxed even the stock rom slot. Nothing you do it in can hard brick you. You can always Odin back.

lmike6453

Dec 17, 2010
Eagleville PA
Just increases the chance of borking your device if something goes wrong with the stock slot... You could also just create a slot with a larger memory partition so you are still SAFEstrapped

Loading a custom rom in Stock slot goes against the whole purpose of why Safestrap was created.

It's a bummer when the stock slot goes bad and the phone won't even boot into download mode to use Odin and hack your way out of a tight spot.

How can a ROM not booting affect the Download mode portion of the phone?
Since we have locked bootloaders and the ROM loads after the kernel that controls the hot keys combinations at boot, I don't get it and never heard of such a thing happening to anyone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.