[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - maguro - JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

raubkatze

Nov 8, 2009
St. Petersburg
So what you sugest for me? The easiest way to try to get it back? I just setup all my home screens & apps, can't wipe everything now:(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
Do you using Nova as default homescreen launcher?
If yes, backup your settings. Backup apps settings with titanium backup. Wipe cache/data. Flash rom. Restore your backups (homescreen and apps settings).
And no bug, no lag)

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: lupipe

lupipe

Jan 28, 2010
Split
Do you using Nova as default homescreen launcher?
If yes, backup your settings. Backup apps settings with titanium backup. Wipe cache/data. Flash rom. Restore your backups (homescreen and apps settings).
And no bug, no lag)

yes i use nova, i wil try now..never used titanium, is it free version on market ok? any tip how to do backup fastest?thx 4 help btw

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
I use MyBackup pro (MyBackup Root is the free version) I find it a lot less complicated and easier to use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

demon2112

Jul 30, 2009
ijmuiden
little bug found....
when on a charger and it reaches 100% and you leave the charcher plugged in,the batterylevel wil slowly go down as in the charger isnt attached,
i had this once on my galaxy S i9000 on gingerbread 2.3.4

and now i see it at my nexus, hopefully this would be sorted

great rom on al levels!!!

apsis

Mar 21, 2009
It is supposed this way. It protects your battery from taking damage. It will go down till 95 percent, than raise again till hunted percent and than start again from the beginning

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk

demon2112

Jul 30, 2009
ijmuiden
It is supposed this way. It protects your battery from taking damage. It will go down till 95 percent, than raise again till hunted percent and than start again from the beginning

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk

owww thats nice..... on my galaxy s it wil stil drop hahaha

montrealguy

Oct 2, 2010
Montreal
There are two bugs that are driving me crazy, and I have no idea how to fix it.

1. The screen shuts off too quickly after I dial (doesn't seem related to lighting). It is much more haphazard and buggy than in the last version.

2. The screen shuts off in the middle of a call. But when I try and reactivate it by pressing the power button, it hangs up. Basically it seems that the power button now acts like a hangup button! No other button will activate the screen. So whenever I need the screen, I have to hang up and call from speakerphone and try my best to make sure it stays on.

sg1969

Dec 6, 2011
London, UK
There are two bugs that are driving me crazy, and I have no idea how to fix it.

1. The screen shuts off too quickly after I dial (doesn't seem related to lighting). It is much more haphazard and buggy than in the last version.

2. The screen shuts off in the middle of a call. But when I try and reactivate it by pressing the power button, it hangs up. Basically it seems that the power button now acts like a hangup button! No other button will activate the screen. So whenever I need the screen, I have to hang up and call from speakerphone and try my best to make sure it stays on.

Isn't it an option in the ROM to use power button to hang up calls? I remember turning this on somewhere, but in the end turned it off because like you say, it's the only way to bring the screen up and I kept hanging up on people

Edit: found it, it's actually in Settings > Accessibility > Power Button ends call
make sure that's not enabled

Last edited:

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
IIRC The phone shuts the screen of because it detects that your face is near the phone (the proximity sensor somewhere on the top does this). If you move the phone away from your face during a call it should light up the screen without your input. So you actually wouldn't have to use the power button.

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
In addition there is the option in rom control to wake the phone with the volume buttons so you could use this feature and wouldn't have to use the power button.

NPuter

Oct 28, 2010
Isn't it an option in the ROM to use power button to hang up calls? I remember turning this on somewhere, but in the end turned it off because like you say, it's the only way to bring the screen up and I kept hanging up on people

Edit: found it, it's actually in Settings > Accessibility > Power Button ends call

It is there on the stock rom too.

I finally figured out what was causing all of my GPS issues. I had never reset my AT&T apns. [facepalm] I was running on the default Cingular apn which doesn't include agps.

I correctly set up the MMS and hsdpa apn and now data is 10x faster and I get a GPS lock in 5sec (even in a building)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

lupipe

Jan 28, 2010
Split
Titanium is a free app but I use premium. It can sync to dropbox.
No tips) It's a very very simple app)

I did backup, wipe everything(data, cache, delvik), installed m4.. And tried fast torch.. It worked only first time:(
Tried 15 times in 2hours with no success,did couple of reboots, tick & untick in options. No luck..didn't changed kernel also :banghead:

jroyalty7

May 31, 2009
Buffalo
It is there on the stock rom too.

I finally figured out what was causing all of my GPS issues. I had never reset my AT&T apns. [facepalm] I was running on the default Cingular apn which doesn't include agps.

I correctly set up the MMS and hsdpa apn and now data is 10x faster and I get a GPS lock in 5sec (even in a building)

mind hooking me up with those att settings I'm still on the default Cingular.wap also :D

montrealguy

Oct 2, 2010
Montreal

Thanks!!! I looked everywhere- and never thought to look under Accessibility. Not only should the devs remove that as an option on the Galaxy Nexus, but they should also keep it off by default. (Unless I turned on this feature by mistake....?)

IIRC The phone shuts the screen of because it detects that your face is near the phone (the proximity sensor somewhere on the top does this). If you move the phone away from your face during a call it should light up the screen without your input. So you actually wouldn't have to use the power button.

Yes I know this, but the behaviour of my phone's proximity sensor on M4 is kooky and irritating. (It was quite normal on M3.) Just passing my hand half a foot above the phone, shuts off the screen. I'm guessing that they changed the settings. Can anyone confirm this?

bemymonkey

Aug 12, 2007
It really is incredibly sensitive, true... But is that so horrible? Haven't noticed any negative aspects myself, to be honest.

raubkatze

Nov 8, 2009
St. Petersburg
I did backup, wipe everything(data, cache, delvik), installed m4.. And tried fast torch.. It worked only first time:(
Tried 15 times in 2hours with no success,did couple of reboots, tick & untick in options. No luck..didn't changed kernel also :banghead:

Hmm. Very strange. It really works...

1. press power to screen off
2. long press power to turn torch on
3. relax power to torch off
etc step by step

I only did not wipe delvik but I think it is not important in this case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Whitehawkx builds Unofficial AOKP

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Roman! AOKP sucks at the moment! Please do something innovative!

Bad dev....

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

Bad user
    Seriously though

If AOKP sucks, don't let the door hit you on the way out :D
    you could clearly see it was downloaded 3000+ times.

People are sickening. Always thinking they are better than you and always have worthless **** to say to make them selves feel superior or better than you. How much does it really bother you people? Always wasting my time reading your smart ass remarks did you really have to waste posts to correct this person? His post helped me to know there was a new build without having to scroll back pages but posts like yours are what gets me. So much juvenile drama makes me wonder how old most are. How bad would it have hurt you to just ignore his post without adding to it with more senseless posts? Give it a rest you will be ok. Don't worry I bet he won't dare do it again.
    AOKP JB first nightly: http://mirror.xfer.in/maguro/aokp_maguro_jb-0729.zip source: aokp_rom twitter
    GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip source: goo.im/gapps
    GAPPS PICASA WORKING: http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-eos-signed.zip source: http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/gapps/

Features so far:
    ROM Control -> General UI -> Misc -> Enable Volume Panel
    ROM Control -> General UI -> Misc -> Show notification count
    ROM Control -> LED options -> LED On/Off
    ROM Control -> Clock -> Clock style
    ROM Control -> Clock -> AM/PM style
    ROM Control -> Clock -> Day of the week
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Enable Toggles
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Toggle order
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Toggle Layout
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Advanced settings -> Toggle style
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Advanced settings -> Reset toggles
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery icon style
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery icon in notification
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options ->
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar location
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar style
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Charging animation
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar color
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar thickness
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Menu location
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Menu visibility
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Navigation quantity
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Navigation bar buttons
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Advanced settings -> Navigation bar height
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Advanced settings -> Navigation bar height landscape
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Advanced settings -> Navigation bar width
    Themes -> Theme Chooser

..this should avoid a lot of repeating questions :)

Bugs I have:
    Gallery wont sync (TeamEos gApps fix this)
    Navigation bar longpress action Menu wont work in launcher (wont go to settings)

It's impressive to see how many features they already have included - considering they started from scratch! and I must say the butter really makes the 4.1 smooth!
    It can't be long before all their features is included!