WM6.1 ActiveSync with 2 PCs error code 86000107

Search This thread

Desigen

Jul 26, 2008
Hi,

I can't solve this problem. Every time I have to uncheck contacts and check it back again to make sync. work.

How should I solve this problem ?

Keithj

Dec 16, 2007
I have the same problem with my O2 Ignito (another name for HTC Touch Diamond). As long as I only connect to one PC, it will Sync fine. As soon as I connect to the other, I get the famous error 86000107. In my case, it's the Calendar that won't Sync. Contacts and Files are fine. I don't use the "Tasks" any more.

I know, now, to untick Calendar, let it synch the others, then turn Calendar back on. It takes about ten minutes to resync the Calendar, and it usually screws up a couple of dates. Its most recent game was to repeat one recurring item 15 times.

I conclude it's a WM6.1 problem, that it's fundamental in some way, so Microsoft can't find a fix. You can read about it in many places, with various complicated suggestions all the way to "hard reset and reinstall everything".

None of which helps. I've not found anyone with a firm and final fix for this - the only workaround is "turn off the offending function, resync, turn it back on, wait."

Maybe one day MS will sort it. Or WM6.2 won't have the bug. We'll see.

lostondialup

Dec 5, 2007
Worked like a charm

Thank for the suggestion, this worked the first time I tried it.
Equipment: ATT Tilt, Win mobile 6.1, ROM ver. 3.57.502.2 WWE

I just did a quick search for error 86000107 and a few people solve the problem by doing this:

Uncheck all items in activsync then connect / sync.
Check and re-sync the items 1 at a time.

The problem appears to recur when tasks are selected for syncing. I haven't had this problem myself but have had something similar with syncing notes which I've resolved in a similar manner.

Hope this helps.

Juliette

Oct 2, 2007
Solution which worked for me

Guys,
I had this very annoying issue with error code 86000107 and after few days of surfing web including this site I found the following solution which worked for my Trinity just fine.

I have two PCs which I am syncing with my device: The first one if W2K PC almost fully locked with Outlook 2000 working with Exchange Server. The second PC is my home PC with WXP and Office 2003. I’ve done the following.
  1. Deleted a partnership with the second PC, where I could delete outlook *.pst file. I've deleted the partnership on both the PC and the PDA.
  2. Created a new empty outlook *.pst file on the second PC and made it default outlook storage, leaving old *.pst file attached to outlook as backup to see my old messages etc.
  3. Then I synchronized the second PC with PDA. Did nothing on a first PC (at work).

That’s it.

The solution implemented and tested 12-13.11.2008, today is four days as everything work just fine.

My device is HTC P3600 WM 6.1 ROM FInixNOver_3.6.

Good luck, Roman.

ai6908

Nov 13, 2006
Land of Lincoln
Guys,
I had this very annoying issue with error code 86000107 and after few days of surfing web including this site I found the following solution which worked for my Trinity just fine.

I have two PCs which I am syncing with my device: The first one if W2K PC almost fully locked with Outlook 2000 working with Exchange Server. The second PC is my home PC with WXP and Office 2003. I’ve done the following.
  1. Deleted a partnership with the second PC, where I could delete outlook *.pst file. I've deleted the partnership on both the PC and the PDA.
  2. Created a new empty outlook *.pst file on the second PC and made it default outlook storage, leaving old *.pst file attached to outlook as backup to see my old messages etc.
  3. Then I synchronized the second PC with PDA. Did nothing on a first PC (at work).
That’s it.

The solution implemented and tested 12-13.11.2008, today is four days as everything work just fine.

My device is HTC P3600 WM 6.1 ROM FInixNOver_3.6.

Good luck, Roman.

Yes this will work until the next flash! If you do not delete and create a new pst file again after flash, then the error comes back again. This is frustrating for a person like me who flashes almost 7 times a week!!!!:D

Barneyabz

Oct 22, 2005
Hi all I previosuly posted this already but have tweaked it slightly and it definately works. In my case its the work PC whcih has microsoft exchange which defiantely causes the probelms. Although one this issue occurs it happens on both PC's

1) Delete partnership between work PC and PPC
2) delete all entries on the main desktop (the one that syncs with Exchange) (left entries on ppc, did not delete them)
3) Delete the file on the PC endng with the extension .ost
4) create a new .ost file via Microsoft Outlook
5) sync ppc, creating a new partnership, and all details from ppc are updated to desktop.

Looks like problem solved.

Therefore for those that have said deleting and creating a new .PST file did not work for them, the problem may lie with the .OST file, try as above.

Good luck

Barney

murks_muell

Nov 7, 2007
For me this stupid error reoccurs and reoccurs and...
Every several weeks it reappears. It's so .......... @#°@# :mad:
And for sure M$ won't do anything about it as they never did anything about this ****ty product called Active Sync. This thing is that buggy and bad designed it's a miracle it works sometimes at all...

Looking into XTNDconnect

towinguk

May 12, 2006
86000107 solved well at least a working on two PCs

Hi all

I too have had the same problem with all my wm6.1 devises for the last few months but the following works every time, and after every rom change and I do a few

1 make on clean and up to date set of data on one pc (lets say pc1 in your office )

2 delete all partnerships in all active syncs installs

3 delete all date from you phone / ppc

4 set up new sync with pc1 and allow sync to occur

5 delete all date from pc2 ( so on pc2 no contact no calendar no tasks no anything )

6 create new partnership with pc2 allow to sync and all should work from now on well it dose for me every time

Let me know ……

murks_muell

Nov 7, 2007
This procedure does indeed work. I was going through it several times over the last months...
Synching my 500" appointments always takes ages (hours).
XTND is very fast but I realised soon it's not from the same manufacturer as Outlook... Some details don't get synched.

Keithj

Dec 16, 2007
I've just discovered a far more serious effect of this error.

Although the PCs can be "persuaded" to sync by the various methods above, the results will be "random". I just arrived a day late for an important meeting - the date had been pulled ahead, with my agreement, and my WM6.1 device had had the right date. I synched that to the main PC which then also had the right date. Then I synched to the laptop.

The laptop had the old date, but updated the WM6.1 to the OLD date. That in turn updated the desktop to the OLD date. DISASTER!

The short answer is that you CANNOT reliably synch a WM6.1 device to two different computers. It's fine with earlier versions (I've been doing it for years).

I'm pretty sure the error is in the Microsoft code somewhere, but until it's sorted, I have a major problem (or can't use the laptop, whichever).

Last edited:

Keithj

Dec 16, 2007
An active sync troubleshooting guide for anyone who wants to jump start their thoughts.

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/tshoot-as4x.htm

I have found the site useful in many ways, if it helps, great. If it doesn't solve your problems it's still an interesting read.

It's about three years out of date, though, and doesn't refer to the errors in here. Pity.

I've got a serious problem now, because I have a PDA, a desktop, and a laptop that are all synchronised but may or may not have a load of incorrect diary entries (see post above).

I'm going to have to check every pesky one, externally, to find out if they are correct. I can't remember which may or may not have changed over the past months. I didn't expect to have to remember and keep notes of all this stuff - what's the point of a PDA?

I may have wrong flight bookings and all sorts. Wonderful: thank you very much, Mr Microsoft.

jkohn

Nov 30, 2007
This is a WM6.1 bug, and it looks like MS has fixed it but you have to get a patch from the manufacturer:

http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/windowsmobile/thread/50fec991-fdb5-46fd-8eee-5c8c812ec4d8/

"This is a known issue and was fixed in AKU 1.2. The customer would need to contact the OEM to see if they are providing the fix. Action: Customer upgrades to Windows Mobile 6.1 Customer normally sync's with two PC's and when trying to sync with the second PC sync fails. Results: Error code 86000107 Sync fails Cause: The issue is talking about deleting more than 100 contacts. However, it’s not specific to the delete operation. As long as there are more than 100 changes in one data type to be synced to the desktop, you can hit this issue. Resolution: The fix is available to the OEM's (device manufactures) and the customer will need to contact them to see if they have an update available."

In my case it's due to calandar having more than 100 items (due to repeating appointments).

elziko

Sep 11, 2007
I wrote to HTC about this problem and this was the reply I got:

Dear Sir, A new ROM upgrade for the Touch Diamond that includes an Upgraded AKU version is due for release very soon. Unfortunatley we do not have any Official time scales although we expect this to be before the end of January for the European Region. After checking your device Serial number I can see that your device originates from Asia, this may have been imported by your retailer. Because of this, you will only be able to apply ROM upgrades that are available on the Asia Section of the HTC Support site, we are also unable to confirm if the ROM updates for Asia will be released at the same time as the Europe Region. Please visit www.htc.com, click on Select County from the top right corner and then select HongKong - English All Rom updates will be available from the support section Best regards, Europe customer support team HTC Corp. Global Service Division

leasingjup

Nov 16, 2008
Hi all

I too have had the same problem with all my wm6.1 devises for the last few months but the following works every time, and after every rom change and I do a few

1 make on clean and up to date set of data on one pc (lets say pc1 in your office )

2 delete all partnerships in all active syncs installs

3 delete all date from you phone / ppc

4 set up new sync with pc1 and allow sync to occur

5 delete all date from pc2 ( so on pc2 no contact no calendar no tasks no anything )

6 create new partnership with pc2 allow to sync and all should work from now on well it dose for me every time

Let me know ……

Hi towinguk,

your procedure indeed worked fine also for me! :)
Thanks a lot!
I had only to rework manually some birthdays (yearly dates) - I deleted them manually and typed them back - OK!

bravesparrow

Jan 11, 2008
One of many sites covering this problem

Found the following at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/.../d2f0b39a-14e9-4e0e-ac50-ae5cd8fa5201/#page:5

Looks like the best workaround after heaps of research over the past few hours:

Sergey Shevchenko - Posted on Wednesday, 15 October 2008 9:35:56 PM

Maaaan! I was suffering too much, and i've found god damn solution finally!

So: I have 2 PCs: XP (Primary), Vista (Secondary)

The problem appeared when i upgraded my QTEK9100 from WM5 to WM6.1.

I had to recheck my contacts and my calendar EVERYTIME when i moved from one PC to other!!! It made me stop syncing my Vista PC!

Now i solved it this way:

1) I prepared my Primary PC's PIM, verified that all actual and necessary contacts and calendar events on my Primary PC (XP). For further correct work i had to remove all duplicate recuring events - especially contact BirthDay's events, that were created automatically.

2) I synced my PPC on primary PC (XP).

3) I unchecked my contacts and calendar on secondary PC(Vista), and verified that there is no sync errors.

4) I DELETED all contacts and calendar events in outlook on Secondary PC(Vista) - nothing to loose, because all necessary information is on Primary PC(XP).

5) I checked contacts and calendar to sync on SecondaryPC (Vista). While syncing WMC copied all contacts and calendar events from PPC to SecondaryPC's PIM. There appeared few error messages on syncing calendar Birthday Events with link to these events. I was iteratively DELETING birthday events on PPC and on SecondaryPC's PIM that caused errors, until it was successfully synced on Secondary PC(Vista)

NOW IT FINALLY WORKS OK EVERYWHERE! Now I don't need to recheck calendar and contacts in WMC or ActiveSync, everytime i move my PPC from one sync-PC to another!

If you want to thank me - just make me rich! :)))

I will post my progress on this as i go.

David.

HTC TYTNII WM6.1 WWE Shipped. CE OS 5.2.19212 (Build 19212.1.0.3)

blisteringblue

Jan 26, 2009
I just did a quick search for error 86000107 and a few people solve the problem by doing this:

Uncheck all items in activsync then connect / sync.
Check and re-sync the items 1 at a time.

The problem appears to recur when tasks are selected for syncing. I haven't had this problem myself but have had something similar with syncing notes which I've resolved in a similar manner.

Hope this helps.

Cheers solved mine, was bugging the life out of me. It started after I loaded MortRing which kept crashing under WM 6.1

mdxbob

Apr 22, 2005
I finally fixed mine. All I did was delete all the contacts from my 2nd computer. I had over 2400 contacts. Then I just did a sync and it has been working. I did not delete any partnerships. Just a simple approach.

realwar

Feb 27, 2009
That works thank you.
i'm from china using BJ2.
Found the following at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/.../d2f0b39a-14e9-4e0e-ac50-ae5cd8fa5201/#page:5

Looks like the best workaround after heaps of research over the past few hours:

Sergey Shevchenko - Posted on Wednesday, 15 October 2008 9:35:56 PM

Maaaan! I was suffering too much, and i've found god damn solution finally!

So: I have 2 PCs: XP (Primary), Vista (Secondary)

The problem appeared when i upgraded my QTEK9100 from WM5 to WM6.1.

I had to recheck my contacts and my calendar EVERYTIME when i moved from one PC to other!!! It made me stop syncing my Vista PC!

Now i solved it this way:

1) I prepared my Primary PC's PIM, verified that all actual and necessary contacts and calendar events on my Primary PC (XP). For further correct work i had to remove all duplicate recuring events - especially contact BirthDay's events, that were created automatically.

2) I synced my PPC on primary PC (XP).

3) I unchecked my contacts and calendar on secondary PC(Vista), and verified that there is no sync errors.

4) I DELETED all contacts and calendar events in outlook on Secondary PC(Vista) - nothing to loose, because all necessary information is on Primary PC(XP).

5) I checked contacts and calendar to sync on SecondaryPC (Vista). While syncing WMC copied all contacts and calendar events from PPC to SecondaryPC's PIM. There appeared few error messages on syncing calendar Birthday Events with link to these events. I was iteratively DELETING birthday events on PPC and on SecondaryPC's PIM that caused errors, until it was successfully synced on Secondary PC(Vista)

NOW IT FINALLY WORKS OK EVERYWHERE! Now I don't need to recheck calendar and contacts in WMC or ActiveSync, everytime i move my PPC from one sync-PC to another!

If you want to thank me - just make me rich! :)))

I will post my progress on this as i go.

David.

HTC TYTNII WM6.1 WWE Shipped. CE OS 5.2.19212 (Build 19212.1.0.3)