Trident cases coming soon! UPDATE: 'Now Available'

Search This thread

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
Here are some pics. See attachments.

I wanted to show the front bezel and how the frame wraps all the way around, securing the silicone lip from lifting. There are some pics showing the cutouts, the one for the S-pen shows how the cover is just "hanging" there. Then there are a some showing the "bulk" and angle of the kickstand.

Hope this helps anyone in their decision for a case. I really like the case but I will probably spring for the Otterbox Defender once it becomes available.

:)

Attachments

• WP_000064.jpg
    WP_000064.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 447
  • WP_000073.jpg
    WP_000073.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 454
  • WP_000066.jpg
    WP_000066.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 430
  • WP_000078.jpg
    WP_000078.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 431
  • WP_000067.jpg
    WP_000067.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 404
  • WP_000068.jpg
    WP_000068.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 399
  • WP_000069.jpg
    WP_000069.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 385
  • WP_000070.jpg
    WP_000070.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 392
  • WP_000079.jpg
    WP_000079.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 393
Reactions: PhantomWraith

Ray_Banci

Jan 25, 2012
Hi Ray,

you were with me with the edges not being protected by the hard case/shell. so now that you already have it on your hand, what do you think about it?

thanks

Ill have to say I realize now the primary reason for doing this to the corners was because of the spen. The plastic does cover the front part of the edges but only the silicon protects the very specific corners.

Now, I'm not expert on shock distribution, but even with the thickness of the corners I'm not sure if they can fully withstand a huge fast drop. I'd be nice if somebody who gets an otterbox defender could compare the two with pictures or something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

keranjang

Mar 26, 2012
Here are some pics. See attachments.

I wanted to show the front bezel and how the frame wraps all the way around, securing the silicone lip from lifting. There are some pics showing the cutouts, the one for the S-pen shows how the cover is just "hanging" there. Then there are a some showing the "bulk" and angle of the kickstand.

Hope this helps anyone in their decision for a case. I really like the case but I will probably spring for the Otterbox Defender once it becomes available.

:)

mind to share why would you spring for defender if you said you like it? im on the hunt to find the most protective case.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Ill have to say I realize now the primary reason for doing this to the corners was because of the spen. The plastic does cover the front part of the edges but only the silicon protects the very specific corners.

Now, I'm not expert on shock distribution, but even with the thickness of the corners I'm not sure if they can fully withstand a huge fast drop. I'd be nice if somebody who gets an otterbox defender could compare the two with pictures or something

second that

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
mind to share why would you spring for defender if you said you like it? im on the hunt to find the most protective case.

At the end of day, I just feel the Otterbox is going to be a better fit for me personally. It always ends up being the little things and in this case, pun not intended, from my previous experiences the Otterbox holster is much easier to use and I prefer having the grip of silicone covering the entire back and sides.

I feel that the Kraken and Defender cases are pretty equal when it comes to protection. I noticed the concern for the corners but while the Defender has a plastic shell covering the corners the Kraken has much more silicone to absorb impact.

But, like I said, it's always the little things and it really comes down to personal preference. I feel safe with the Kraken but I prefer the Defender. Sorry I did not explain that, I can see how that would be confusing. :eek:

sunshines4u

Mar 25, 2012
They don't even have Kraken on their website.. How ghetto not to have your product information when you try to do business via e-commerce.

Are they going out of business?

sunshines4u

Mar 25, 2012
Who do you think you are calling someone stupid... I went to tridentcases.com and they didn't have it. Go check yourself or xxxx yourself.

sunshines4u

Mar 25, 2012
my point exactly, but some people aren't smart enough to figure that out...

Ummmm I got to that site by using your so trusted google. Hahaha. And that was the first search it returned. I guess google doesn't make you that smart like you are trying to mock me.

It was the first search result I got with search parameter 'Trident Case'. Ofcourse I suspected something was up with that site (or the company.) It appeared like a normal looking site but it didn't have the most up-to-date product information so I CAME HERE to ask what's up with it .... didn't I? Hahahaha

So what does this mean? This means I'm smarter than you and you don't know your place when talking to people. Simply put... you are not intelligent enough to act like an asshole to people. So go adjust your attitude. Think positively. I see that you've been here at xda longer than me so please set good example to other members.

I don't know man - just try something different or you can stay a loser that you are with a bad attitude.

Last edited:

Ray_Banci

Jan 25, 2012
Guys chill e.j.su works for the company he gave the links I can update the Op if its that big of a deal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
    I lied...

We actually got some shipment today.
    For some reason their all upsidedown lol

Sent from my GT-P6210 using xda premium

At the end of day, I just feel the Otterbox is going to be a better fit for me personally. It always ends up being the little things and in this case, pun not intended, from my previous experiences the Otterbox holster is much easier to use and I prefer having the grip of silicone covering the entire back and sides.

I feel that the Kraken and Defender cases are pretty equal when it comes to protection. I noticed the concern for the corners but while the Defender has a plastic shell covering the corners the Kraken has much more silicone to absorb impact.

But, like I said, it's always the little things and it really comes down to personal preference. I feel safe with the Kraken but I prefer the Defender. Sorry I did not explain that, I can see how that would be confusing. :eek:
    Those Aegis should be real. Distributors should be getting theirs too. We probably didn't get to update our website on Friday.

Can you post pics of the phone outside of the case on the table side by side with the kraken to get an idea of width difference?

RoloRacer on Galaxy Note!

Here you go.
    476b25f0-5645-8000.jpg

-E.J.Su
    "Talent is worthless without hard work."
    | tridentcase.com | gplus.to/ejsu | ej-su.deviantart.com |