Hulu+ is now supported on Prime

Search This thread

NastroGlide

Oct 26, 2009
Don't know if anyone has posted this yet. I just checked for it a couple days ago and it is now supported on the Prime. Enjoy!

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
on the latest stock ota seems to be working without a hitch and i am rooted

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

NastroGlide

Oct 26, 2009
Yes I'm rooted but not unlocked. And the latest firmware update won't install on mine. It says it failed and is going back to last configuration.

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
Yes I'm rooted but not unlocked. And the latest firmware update won't install on mine. It says it failed and is going back to last configuration.

You probably installed or un installed something from the system folder. Ota usually check that all the correct Components are available before an updated can be installdd .

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com
I can get in to hulu just fine but when i press play i get this message.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334258020982.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334258020982.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 254

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com
I get the same thing on mine. Haven't figured out why this happens to some of us, and not others. Could it have to do with being boot loader unlocked? I don't really see how, but it's very annoying.

Bootloader may be the culprit...

Anyone with an unlocked bootloader able to get hulu running? :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

mick3444

Jan 9, 2012
San Francisco, Ca
no :( I get the same error message with unlocked bootloader. One thing to try woulkd maybe be this: On aokp, if you use ota keeper to temp unroot, you are able to watch movies from google for an unknown reason. Maybe this works for hulu. I would try it but I am happily running virtous right now...

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com
no :( I get the same error message with unlocked bootloader. One thing to try woulkd maybe be this: On aokp, if you use ota keeper to temp unroot, you are able to watch movies from google for an unknown reason. Maybe this works for hulu. I would try it but I am happily running virtous right now...

My bad. I meant locked.

I also am very happy with virtuous atm.

Anyone with a locked bootloader and root able to view or anyone with an unlocked able to view hulu?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
On .21 rooted only. I get device not supported. Even tried to temp unroot with OTA rootkeeper but no go.

Screenshot_2012-04-19-12-37-02.jpg

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington
Screenshot_2012-04-19-21-36-59.png

Screenshot_2012-04-19-21-36-31.png

Maybe try turning of "Force GPU rendering?"
Also have you tried completely uninstalling the apk through TB? I hear it's suppose to delete everything and not leave a trace of the app. Then reinstall. Maybe also make sure your Flash is up to date.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: aznmode

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Thanks for the suggestions but didnt make a difference. Are you on .21 stock rooted?

My coworker has .21 not rooted and his works fine.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2012-04-19-21-36-59.png

Screenshot_2012-04-19-21-36-31.png

Maybe try turning of "Force GPU rendering?"
    Also have you tried completely uninstalling the apk through TB? I hear it's suppose to delete everything and not leave a trace of the app. Then reinstall. Maybe also make sure your Flash is up to date.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App
    better steps

All right, grepping at the message ids in the public.xml (look at previous post), I was able to find one place where all the checks happen before streaming.

smali\com\hulu\thornx\app\c.smali

Now, I'll try to explain my logic as best I can... feel free to follow the code here:
    http: / / pastebin.com / FBrsje1j

grepping each message ID results in this:
    Code:
    :cond_1a
        new-instance v0, Lcom/hulu/thornx/app/g;

const v1, [B]0x7f0b00bc[/B]

const v2, [B]0x7f0b00bd[/B]

invoke-direct {v0, v1, v2}, Lcom/hulu/thornx/app/g;-><init>(II)V

goto/16 :goto_1

:cond_1b
        new-instance v0, Lcom/hulu/thornx/app/g;

const v1, [B]0x7f0b00c0[/B]

const v2, [B]0x7f0b00c1[/B]

invoke-direct {v0, v1, v2}, Lcom/hulu/thornx/app/g;-><init>(II)V

goto/16 :goto_1

Essentially, it seems to say:
    Condition 1A:
    Create a new instance of something v0 (I think it's a message dialogue)
    Give the variable v1 the value of 0x7f0b00bc
    (which is user_message_process_drm_error_title
    = "Streaming Unavailable
    ")

Give the variable v2 the value of 0x7f0b00bd
    (which is user_message_process_drm_error_message = "Sorry, we are unable to stream this video. Please check your Internet connection, ensure you have the latest official update for your device, and try again.
    ")

Invoke v0 (dialogue) with v1 (title) and v2 (message)
    Code:
    Condition 1B: 
    Create a new instance of something v0 (I think it's a message dialogue)
    Give the variable v1 the value of 0x7f0b00c0
    [I](which is user_message_drm_error_title = "DRM Error")[/I]
    Give the variable v2 the value of 0x7f0b00c1
    [I](which is user_message_drm_error_message = "Sorry, we are unable to play this video at the moment. Please check that you have all the latest updates applied to your device and try again.")[/I]
    Invoke v0 (dialogue) with v1 (title) and v2 (message)

So, essentially Condition 1A and 1B seem to be errors resulting from a failed DRM check. In fact, all conditions 1X seem to be errors that cause the playback to hang:

1C:
    Title: user_message_whoops = Whoops!
    Message: user_message_unknown_user_error_message_d = Something funny happened.

1D:
    Title: user_message_bad_response_title = Bad Response From Server
    Message: user_message_bad_response_message_s = We're sorry, but we couldn't parse the response from the server.

1E:
    Title: user_message_unknown_error_title = Unknown Error

Interesting thing to note is that every 1X condition ends with :goto_1 (which to me means that ":goto_1" = bad and possibly ":goto_0" = good)

Searching the file for :cond_1a :cond_1b :cond_1c :cond_1d :cond_1e we can see what calls them:
    1D calls 1E; 1C calls 1D; cond_18 calls 1C; and cond_19 calls both 1A and 1B.

Aside from calling cond_1C, cond_18 can also call cond_19 or give out an error with:
    Title: user_message_widevine_not_supported_title = Required DRM not supported
    Message: user_message_widevine_not_supported_message = Your device does not seem to have support for the required DRM engine. Please check that you have all the latest updates applied to your device and try again.

now, cond_18 is called by cond_17, which can also give the error:
    Title: user_message_streaming_error_title = Streaming Unavailable
    Message: Sorry, we are unable to stream this video. Please check your Internet connection and try again.

cond_17 is called by cond_15, which can also call cond_16
    cond_16 has following error:
    Title: user_message_service_error_title = Service Unavailable
    Message: user_message_service_error_message_s_s = Hulu Plus could not complete the operation, because an important service is unavailable.

To be continued...