Unfortunately SuperSU has stopped

Search This thread

choch69

Sep 27, 2013
So I followed the guide on how to root the Canadian model Note 3 N900W8 and SuperSU was installed to my app drawer, however I get the error message "Unfortunately SuperSU has stopped".

Not sure how to fix this, but I would really like to remove the bloatware pre-installed by my carrier Rogers.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 4,510
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 3,700

iznee

Oct 1, 2007
The first picture is your good ol knox blocking your software
For the second picture...try updating to latest su from play store.
Hope this helps

Sent from B@d Ass Note III SM-N9005

choch69

Sep 27, 2013
Hope this helps

Ya it didnt help, still giving me the same problem even with the su from the play store.

iznee

Oct 1, 2007
I really don't know if this will help..but go to your settings, under general tab, scroll down to security, untick verify apps and reboot...

choch69

Sep 27, 2013
I really don't know if this will help..but go to your settings, under general tab, sc
roll down to security, untick verify apps and reboot...
L0lĺlpum

I tried but it still doesn't seem to be working. Keep getting the same error that supersu has stopped.
Any idea how to uninsulated supersu?
I am only able to disable it but not uninstall. I've tried in the play store to uninstall but my only option is to open the app or enable it if it's disabled. Also tried getting uninstaller apps but they can't find supersu.
I've also tried going into twrp and manually deleting all the files in the supersu folder but when I reboot the app and everything is still there.
I'm thinking maybe an uninstall and reinstall might fix it. But I can't find an easy way to uninstall the app.
What a headache this is just to remove some carrier bookmarks.

Last edited:

spas528

Aug 31, 2012
Los Angeles
Fix on T-Movile note 3

I found a small solution on another thread which is to use a file explorer, i used Astro since i was unable to do it with the stock file explorer, find the supersu zip, go in and click on "common" then click on supersu.apk and install it. That should fix the FC issues.

Now, the only problem i have with that is that supersu wont stick after a reboot and you have to do the same thing all over again. I have yet to find a solution for that.

i know this thread is old but it was the first post that popped up when i googled searched. Hopefully this helps out others having the same issue.

thgruiz

Dec 8, 2012
a great help indeed, it worked

I found a small solution on another thread which is to use a file explorer, i used Astro since i was unable to do it with the stock file explorer, find the supersu zip, go in and click on "common" then click on supersu.apk and install it. That should fix the FC issues.

Now, the only problem i have with that is that supersu wont stick after a reboot and you have to do the same thing all over again. I have yet to find a solution for that.

i know this thread is old but it was the first post that popped up when i googled searched. Hopefully this helps out others having the same issue.

Thank you!

i have a galaxy s4 gt-i9505 with 4.3 stock rom I9505VJUEMKE build JSS15J.I9505VJUEMKE kernel 3.4.0-2210919 and tried many things:

1) flashing CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip with odin does not work (tried many versions of odin);
2) kingo android root (android_root.exe) says my device is not suported;
3) read a little about daemon root;
4) flashed the supersu with a custom recovery rom (search from UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.85.zip on google)
5) after that i got the "unfortunately supersu has stopped" message on boots

installing the supersu.apk after the boot works fine, but it will go away on boot, as explained

again, thank you, it helped a lot

shynal

Jan 12, 2014
thank you!

I have a galaxy s4 gt-i9505 with 4.3 stock rom i9505vjuemke build jss15j.i9505vjuemke kernel 3.4.0-2210919 and tried many things:

1) flashing cf-auto-root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip with odin does not work (tried many versions of odin);
2) kingo android root (android_root.exe) says my device is not suported;
3) read a little about daemon root;
4) flashed the supersu with a custom recovery rom (search from update-supersu-v1.85.zip on google)
5) after that i got the "unfortunately supersu has stopped" message on boots

installing the supersu.apk after the boot works fine, but it will go away on boot, as explained

again, thank you, it helped a lot

you can do it manually with the esfile mnager. I did it and it worked :)

rba9999

Jan 12, 2014
Hope this helps

There is no option for update in google play. There is just an open button and clicking that again shows "Supersu has stopped working"

kkgiyer

Jan 14, 2014
Fixed -

There is no option for update in google play. There is just an open button and clicking that again shows "Supersu has stopped working"

I had the same issue and fixed it like this -

1. Installed ES File explorer and open it.
2. Press Menu on the phone and scroll down and turn ON Root Explorer and hit Back.
3. Choose Device from the top menu (dropdown)
4. From the bottom menu, choose search and search for super and you should see superuser.apk.
5. Choose that and install it.

From there you should be able to disable KNOX and open SuperSu

Laiquone

Jan 15, 2014
Thank You!

2. Press Menu on the phone and scroll down and turn ON Root Explorer and hit Back.
4. From the bottom menu, choose search and search for super and you should see superuser.apk.

:good:

uscpsycho

Mar 25, 2011

This worked for me but after I rebooted I started getting "Unfortunately, SuperSU has stopped" again. Now whenever I try to run an app that was previously granted root access it works fine. But if I run a new app that requires root access the app hangs.

At this point if I reinstall the SuperSU apk from ES File Explorer I'm able to run SuperSU and grant access to new apps and everything works fine until I reboot. After rebooting I'm back to getting the error again and new applications freeze when trying to get root access..

I don't want to have to reinstall the SuperSU apk every time I reboot. Any other suggestions for making SuperSU stick so I don't have to keep rebooting/reinstalling?

Last edited:
Reactions: cowcfj

nibbio21

Jan 9, 2010
This worked for me but after I rebooted I started getting "Unfortunately, SuperSU has stopped" again. Now whenever I try to run an app that was previously granted root access it works fine. But if I run a new app that requires root access the app hangs.

At this point if I reinstall the SuperSU apk from ES File Explorer I'm able to run SuperSU and grant access to new apps and everything works fine until I reboot. After rebooting I'm back to getting the error again and new applications freeze when trying to get root access..

I don't want to have to reinstall the SuperSU apk every time I reboot. Any other suggestions for making SuperSU stick so I don't have to keep rebooting/reinstalling?
try that
Attivare la modalità Debug USB sul telefono per connettersi con il computer e utilizzare Android SDK con esso. [Passare a Impostazioni >> Info sul dispositivo. Toccare il numero di build più volte fino a quando appare un messaggio che dice 'Ora sei un Developer.' Ora attivare la modalità Debug USB navigando su Impostazioni >> Opzioni per sviluppatori .]

3) Il tutorial potrebbe spazzare via tutti i dati del telefono, creare un backup. Se il dispositivo ha eventuali recovery personalizzate come CWM / TWRP fare il backup utilizzando una di esse.

4) Se lo smartphone si dovesse spegnere a causa della mancanza di batteria durante il processo di installazione, potrebbe danneggiare il dispositivo. Pertanto, il Note 2 dovrebbe avere la carica superiore all'80%.

5) Il pacchetto Root Exploit funziona solo su Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. L' uso di questo su qualsiasi altra variante potrebbe brickare il dispositivo, verificare il numero di modello del Galaxy Note 2 navigando su Impostazioni >> Info sul dispositivo >> numero di modello .

Come rootare il Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 su Android 4.3 senza inciampare nel Knox
Step-1: Scarica Root Exploit per Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Scarica link: saferoot.zip

Passo-2: Estrarre il pacchetto Root Exploit usando WinRAR/7-zip/WinZip o qualsiasi altro strumento di estrazione

Passo-3: Collegare il Galaxy Note 2 al computer tramite il cavo USB

Step-4: Sul computer, accedere alla directory estratta e fare doppio clic sul file install.bat . Apparirà una finestra del prompt dei comandi che rileverà il dispositivo ed esegue automaticamente gli script

Step-5: Seguire le istruzioni visualizzate sullo schermo. Quando il processo è completato, il telefono si riavvierà automaticamente

Il Samsung Galaxy Note 2 con Android 4.3 in esecuzione dovrebbe essere rootato con successo. È ora possibile installare qualsiasi applicazione che richiede i permessi di root. Inoltre, verificare lo stato di root del telefono scaricando Root Checker app da Google Play Store.

Nota : Questa procedura non imposta il flag vuoto della garanzia Knox. Sarà impostato il flag personalizzato che non è niente di cui preoccuparsi. Questo metodo è stato testato lavorando su Galaxy Note 2 N7100 con sistema operativo Android 4.3 Jelly Bean con MK9 firmware di base e MKA.

uscpsycho

Mar 25, 2011
I finally got rid of this problem. This is what ultimately worked for me.

I downloaded the latest SuperSU apk from here http://download.chainfire.eu/376/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.89.zip and saved it to the root of my phone. Then I installed it using the steps from above with some modification.
5. Choose that and install it
But you'll have to open the zip file and find the Superuser.apk inside of the "common" folder.

After installing it I opened SuperSU and went to Settings -> Reinstall.

Then reboot and install SuperSU from Google Play. Everything has been golden since then.

I think SuperSU was somehow corrupted after I first rooted. Perhaps because of being rooted under 4.1.2 before I did the OTA. I really don't know. But I do know that uninstalling SuperSU then reinstalling fixed it.

n0013z

Oct 31, 2013
first time using CF Auto Root i had the same problem, SuperSu crashed because it was being blocked by Knox.
what I did that worked for me, go in google play store, search for SuperSu, will ask you to 'update' SuperSu, do that, then a message will come up saying Knox will be a problem, do you want to disable it, i clicked yes, which in turn disabled Knox and updated SuperSU. SuperSu hasnt crashed since even after rebooting.
let me know if this works for anyone else

jasdeep singh

Nov 10, 2013
SINGRAULI

I downloaded the latest SuperSU apk from here http://download.chainfire.eu/376/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.89.zip and saved it to the root of my phone. Then I installed it using the steps from above with some modification.

But you'll have to open the zip file and find the Superuser.apk inside of the "common" folder.

Then reboot and install SuperSU from Google Play. Everything has been golden since then.

I think SuperSU was somehow corrupted after I first rooted. Perhaps because of being rooted under 4.1.2 before I did the OTA. I really don't know. But I do know that uninstalling SuperSU then reinstalling fixed it.

many thanks to u man...
i was going mad with this problem.. searched many threads.. but only after trying your method my n7100 didnt show "Unfortunately, SuperSU has stopped" msg after reboot..

now i can flash roms without worry.. going to try hurricane v10 .. again thanks man..

uscpsycho

Mar 25, 2011
many thanks to u man...
i was going mad with this problem.. searched many threads.. but only after trying your method my n7100 didnt show "Unfortunately, SuperSU has stopped" msg after reboot..

now i can flash roms without worry.. going to try hurricane v10 .. again thanks man..

Happy to help and happy to hear it worked out for you. I've received a ton of help from XDA, glad I could give back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

5. Choose that and install it

Fixed -

Fix on T-Movile note 3

Both of these methods worked for me

I had this problem for some time until I saw that my seLinux was enforcing not permissive.

Iwent to goole store and install this app, which is a script that runs at start up and changes from seLinux enforcing to seLinux permissive.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrbimc.selinux

This worked a treat.