Kingston 32GB USB OTG (DT MicroDuo)

Search This thread

jazzh

Oct 2, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Huawei MediaPad T5
Hi!
Just wanted to report that this cheap drive works on my XT1032, CM11, M6.

32GB DT MicroDuo USB 2.0 micro USB OTG
http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/?partid=dtduo/32gb

Furthermore, CWM also sees it and backup to usbstorage (~1,5GB) lasted about 10 minutes. :)
I'm looking now for a solution to partition it into 2 separate partitions, one should be 1GB hidden and a TrueCrypt container (for personal files), 2nd should be movies music FAT32.
I think it should work...

Saem persun

Jul 1, 2012
Google Pixel
Google Pixel 3a
I got something smaller - depending on your view angle :)

http://www.meenova.com/st/p/m3r.html

I saw it. You have to carry a USB adapter to connect meenova to PC, i'm not happy with it. That's why i prefer to have microusb+usb device.
And the SP drive is available at local store, while for meenova i have to wait for about 2-4 weeks or even more to be delivered.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app

jonovw

Dec 29, 2012
Christchurch
I just recently got a PQI Connect 203 off Ebay because I was finding it annoying to carry around a USB adapter with my Meenova. This thing is amazing. IT is very small, works perfectly with cases on my Moto G and is much cheaper than the Meenova. It also uses microSD cards, which is what I was looking for.

zurpher

Dec 3, 2010
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
How does the Kingston 32GB USB OTG (DT MicroDuo) fare in practice?

I might get one of those or SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive or Transcend JetFlash 380S. Are there any differences between them except perhaps the price and personal taste?

cr0ssx21

Jun 22, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X5 Pro
How does the Kingston 32GB USB OTG (DT MicroDuo) fare in practice?

I might get one of those or SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive or Transcend JetFlash 380S. Are there any differences between them except perhaps the price and personal taste?

I'm using Sandisk Dual (16gb) drive right now, bought it because they use and manufacture their own flash chip. Plus the textured body and black and red color looks wicked. :D Tried using my friend's Transcend OTG drive which is larger by a small margin, and it's write speed is almost the same as the sandisk.

If you don't mind getting a bigger OTG drive, you might want to look at Corsair GO drive. It's usb 3.0 when plugged in a PC.

C01D4X

Feb 19, 2012
Hi!
Just wanted to report that this cheap drive works on my XT1032, CM11, M6.

32GB DT MicroDuo USB 2.0 micro USB OTG
http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/?partid=dtduo/32gb

Furthermore, CWM also sees it and backup to usbstorage (~1,5GB) lasted about 10 minutes. :)
I'm looking now for a solution to partition it into 2 separate partitions, one should be 1GB hidden and a TrueCrypt container (for personal files), 2nd should be movies music FAT32.
I think it should work...

did you menage to create 2 partitions ?

C01D4X

Feb 19, 2012
Yes, win won't see it, I'm using linux, sorry.
On the other hand Moto g sees only 1st partition, so I created 30gb fat 32 public as 1st partition and the rest is 2nd partition ext4 encfs'd.

it's a headache. supposedly there is a flip removable/fixed bit (RMB), but not on every drive, or you can modify your win driver so it recognizes all removable media as fixed drives. i'll look for a simpler solution