[ROM][IMM76L][4.0.4][AOSP] ICS333 2.0.1 | Team 3xtr3m3 | Fast,stable,easy (6/7/2012)

Search This thread

dreamer94

Jan 31, 2012
Ankara
At the time of the above stats I was using semaphore ics 1.2.2s. But now I have upgraded to 1.2.6s, will check if the OS usage is still high.
BTW the apps u told to delete, I hope they will not affect normal working of the phone. And for knowledge, what am I actually deleting by doing that??
And the problem is that Android OS usage is when I am not using my phone. It wouldn't have mattered to me if the consumption was during usage of phone!
Apps that i told you won't affect to functionality.You won't see any difference about your phone trust me.
KeyChain and GoogleBackupTransport apks running in Android OS which yours is too high :)
Delete them .Delete that 3 apks. It is safe to delete :)

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

hi, fellow ics333 users.
I just have a question which might be slightly offtopic, but I just wanted opinions and experiences of fellow ics333 users.
I've just been reading around and found this v6 supercharger thing.
I'm just wondering how many of u guys use it and if there is a noticeable difference?
also as I was reading it seems to implement system level changes and was wondering if may be this rom already has some of those settings applied.
I haven't noticed any lags or home redraws but was wondering if a lot u guys are using it and consider it to be necessary.
thanks in advance.

I used it for a while with ICS333.Not notificiable differences at all for me :D

Gelidhril

Jan 6, 2012
Hello! I have used my SGS several times to play music in the car using A2DP (Bluetooth) successfully. The only "problem" was the lack of AVRCP 1.3+ profile support, so the name of the track is not displayed.

Cheers!

Maybe is the Bluetooth headset? Is one of those for one ear. I tried all and only work for calls. Maybe is the headset itself. The only way it route all is using an app but is a pita.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

HellAngelxxx

Mar 7, 2010
hi, i need help with instal. Now i have dark knight ROM ICS, and i must instal by ODIN or copy ROM to memory and instal ZIP from recorvery MOD? thanks for help

slaj76

Apr 6, 2012
hi, i need help with instal. Now i have dark knight ROM ICS, and i must instal by ODIN or copy ROM to memory and instal ZIP from recorvery MOD? thanks for help

Do nandroid (just in case) Copy ics333 rom and gapps to internal sdcard ,do full wipe factory,cache ,dalvik cache install the rom from cwm, then gapps reboot (and read the FAQ on the first page)....

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

i9000usersa

Feb 22, 2011
Apps that i told you won't affect to functionality.You won't see any difference about your phone trust me.
KeyChain and GoogleBackupTransport apks running in Android OS which yours is too high :)
Delete them .Delete that 3 apks. It is safe to delete :)

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I used it for a while with ICS333.Not notificiable differences at all for me :D

thanks. any chance u r using ram manager?

dreamer94

Jan 31, 2012
Ankara
Hmm.Do you have issues about ram?
Because with semaphore 1.2.6s, free ram is aroubd 240mb which is awesome.
With this combination,i don't see a point to use a ram manager.
But i bought fast reboot pro from play.it's cleaning cache and very useful! also you can exlude apps that you don't want to kill in each fast reboot.for example your launcher.

GT-I9000 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

thETImo

May 18, 2011
Kotikaupunki
Any chance to get an upgraded ICS ROM before a JB one by el Navajita?

Edit: Not that anything was wrong with the latest 2.0.1. , I'm just being curious. This is absolutely one of, if not the best ICS ROM around.

The JB is around the corner as we all know...

Sent from my SGS Classic
via the XDA-app

Last edited:

i9000usersa

Feb 22, 2011
Hmm.Do you have issues about ram?
Because with semaphore 1.2.6s, free ram is aroubd 240mb which is awesome.
With this combination,i don't see a point to use a ram manager.
But i bought fast reboot pro from play.it's cleaning cache and very useful! also you can exlude apps that you don't want to kill in each fast reboot.for example your launcher.

GT-I9000 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Thanks again for your response.
I'm not currently having any problems with ram.
I am running semaphore 1.2.6 without the s.
I was just reading along to follow the jb development and they are saying that it makes a difference to change vm heapsizes and lock launcher to not be killed.
Again, I'm not having problems at the moment but just curious if this a safe and recommended way to optimize performance.
But i don't wanna mess with system level settings unless i know its safe and noticeably different.
So i was just asking.
Thanks.

dreamer94

Jan 31, 2012
Ankara
Could work.But that project looks like dead i think.Last Glitch version released in March so...
You can try,but we have newest Devil,also beautiful semaphore..I don't think you need to try :)

i9000usersa

Feb 22, 2011
Could work.But that project looks like dead i think.Last Glitch version released in March so...
You can try,but we have newest Devil,also beautiful semaphore..I don't think you need to try :)
thanks.
the only reason I asked was because I saw on the thread about usb dock audio that icy glitch has phone call audio working when docked.
I wasn't sure but i thought they said that with icy glitch u can have call audio out through the usb while the speakerphone mic gets enabled so u can hear the other person through your car audio system while speaking into the air without putting your head right next to the device for the other person to hear you.
as far as I can tell, with semaphore I can only hear the other person but they can't hear me unless I press speakerphone mode, in which case audio does not get routed to my car system.
sorry if this post is difficult to follow, but if you understand what I'm saying, do you have a solution for this?

ivke101

Dec 11, 2010
Zagreb-Karlsruhe
thanks.
the only reason I asked was because I saw on the thread about usb dock audio that icy glitch has phone call audio working when docked.
I wasn't sure but i thought they said that with icy glitch u can have call audio out through the usb while the speakerphone mic gets enabled so u can hear the other person through your car audio system while speaking into the air without putting your head right next to the device for the other person to hear you.
as far as I can tell, with semaphore I can only hear the other person but they can't hear me unless I press speakerphone mode, in which case audio does not get routed to my car system.
sorry if this post is difficult to follow, but if you understand what I'm saying, do you have a solution for this?

Look my sig

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

DarknessWarrior

Oct 10, 2011
Beja
dwjorgeb.com
Help pls. I am getting high Android OS usage. It drains the battery like anything! I have attached the betterbatterystats dump but don't know how to use it! Help me figure out why Android OS usage is so high..

TIA

last night i got an unusual high % of android OS drain, i went to sleep with about 80% remaining and woke with less than 5%, with android OS draining the cool ammount of 81%... not sure what happened there, but didnt seemed right. :eek:

btw how's JB333 going? :cool:

G

GuestK00428

last night i got an unusual high % of android OS drain, i went to sleep with about 80% remaining and woke with less than 5%, with android OS draining the cool ammount of 81%... not sure what happened there, but didnt seemed right. :eek:

In Google play, have you got it set to automatic updates? If so, uncheck it.

janish_aggarwal

Jul 10, 2011
Gurgaon

M also having the same problem. It happens when my wifi is on!! And I don't have auto update on in Google play!! :( Don't know what to do...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is built from Google Android sources, with a few added functionalities programmed by me and others based on CM9 and AOKP to make it more comfortable and user-friendly, improving the user experience.
    This is a serious ROM, no functionalities of doubtful utility are added, and their source code is studied in order to be sure what they are exactly doing. This ROM is focused on providing stability and a better stock experience.

ics333logonavajitafixed.png

Main features:
    • Built from Android sources (IMM76L)
    • Improved notification bar toggles: long press a toggle to go to related Settings menu; multi-state sound toggle.
    • Numeric battery indicator (Optional - can be changed to stock battery indicator in Settings -> Battery -> Press Menu Button -> Change battery style).
    • Brightness control in status and notifications bars (Optional - can be disabled in Settings -> Display -> Brightness control slider).
    • Real and improved autobrightness: brightness really goes down when light decreases (Optional - Can be disabled in Settings -> Display - Automatic decrease). Based on stratosk's approach but using a logarithmic scale, which fits best to the human eye.
    • Extended power menu with reboot, recovery and screenshot.
    • TV-Out (Go to Settings -> Display to activate it).
    • Video face effects working
    • Application killing with long press on back button (Optional - Can be disabled in Settings -> Developer options -> Fast application killing).
    • Choose storage in Camera application
    • Power button shooter in Camera application
    • Timer option in Camera application
    • T9 Dialer
    • Galaxy S Settings from CM9 are 100% integrated in Settings menu
    • Removed "R" roaming indicator for national roaming
    • Root, Busybox and SuperSU
    • Kernel Semaphore 1.2.2s (387 MB RAM)
    • HugeMem patch for 720p video by F4K
    • Preinstalled app: OI File Manager
    • APN's predefined huge list (source: CM9)
    • Modified hosts file to remove ads in applications (source: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt)

What works

Everything!

Known bugs
    • Camera FC when restoring default settings
    • Phone app FC if Bluetooth is disconnected while the phone is trying to connect to a Bluetooth headset

**************************************************************************************************

2.0.1 RELEASED!

ALWAYS READ THE FAQ AND SEARCH IN THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING!!!

Download Links

ICS333 2.0.1: http://d-h.st/PpL (Mirror: http://minus.com/mcnldhbFF/)
    GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

If you have questions/problems or you just want to chat about it, you can also go here : http://webchat.freenode.net Channel : ##ICS333

**************************************************************************************************

How to update from a previous version of ICS333:
    1. Flash ICS333-2.0.1-signed.zip in CWM Recovery, without making any kind of wipe
    2. Flash the GAPPS
    3. Reboot. If you have followed these instructions, you won't have lost any data.
    4. If you notice, after updating, that your media (photos, music, videos...) appears twice in Music and Gallery apps, just clear "Media Storage" data (Settings -> Apps -> All -> Media Storage -> Clear data) and reboot. Then, just wait a long while (it can take even 1 hour depending on the amount of media files you have in your phone).
    5. Always check your IMEI after flashing. If it starts with 0049, you have lost your IMEI. If that's your case, read the installation guide for further instructions.

Clean Installation (if you come from other ROM)
    1. Follow the instructions that are available in this post: http://goo.gl/elAJv (big thanks to psyqiq)

FAQ
    1. I have flashed the ROM and it works OK, but I can't get signal or make/receive calls/sms. What is happening? You have lost your IMEI. You can get your IMEI back recovering your EFS backup (if you made one) or flashing a Gingrebread Stock ROM (look for one with PDA, PHONE and CSC) with Odin.
    2. I have flashed the ROM and I don't have Play Store. How can I install it? Before flashing, read the instructions! Download the gapps file and flash it.
    3. Does Facebook sync works? No, because adding Facebook sync breaks Picasa sync. The only responsible for this problem is Facebook. You can use third-party apps such as HaxSync for this purpose.
    4. Battery is draining fast. What is happening? Before reporting battery problems complete two charging cycles. If you still have battery problems, ask yourself how long should the battery last with your usage (we are not using an old Nokia phone with 1.0" screen) and discard that is caused by an application. And then, if you still have a draining problem, and you don't know the cause, report your problem attaching:
      1) Screenshots of every battery statistics
      2) BetterBatteryStats dump. You can download BetterBatteryStats in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179809. To generate the dump press Menu key -> More -> Dump to File. The dump file will be generated in /sdcard, and its name starts with "BetterBatteryStats".
      3) The output of the logcat (the last one better in a private message). In order to get the logcat output, you will have to enable the Logger in the Semaphore app and reboot if you hadn't enabled it before. The logcat starts from scratch each time you reboot or turn on your phone so, wait some hours before sending it.
      Remember: just complaining about battery life without providing useful information doesn't help anybody and will not solve your problem.
    5. My music, photos and videos are duplicated in Music and Gallery apps. It usually happens when you flash the ROM without wipe. To fix that, just clear "Media Storage" data (Settings -> Apps -> All -> Media Storage -> Clear data) and reboot. Then, just wait a long while (it can take even 1 hour depending on the amount of media files you have in your phone).
    6. Suddenly, all apps start throwing FCs. What's happening? Your /datadata partition is full. The best solution is to wipe everything and make a clean install of the ROM. Then, when you have finished installing the ROM, flash one of these fixes: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1541942, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1665742.
    7. Does FM Radio work? Yes, you can download Spirit FM, but do it at your own risk.
    8. Does HW acceleration work when playing videos? Yes, but not with stock player. There are video players in the Play Store that support HW acceleration. For instance, Dice Player.
    9. The LED buttons don't turn on when I have notifications. How can I enable this feature? Download BLN Control from Play Store.
    10. Can I use other kernels such as Devil or MNICS?Yes, just follow their installation instructions as in any other ICS ROM.
    11. Can I customize or remove the toggles of the notification bar? No, you can't :) But maybe you want to publish a MOD for ICS333? :)

2.0.1 changelog:
    1. Updated to IMM76L build
    2. Changed updater script in order to make it harder to lose your IMEI when updating from Gingerbread

2.0 changelog:
    1. New autobrightness system, totally reworked from scratch. Based on the approach of stratosk, but using a logarithmic scale.
    2. Added option for enabling/disabling autobrightness decrease (Settings -> Display -> Autobrightness decrease)
    3. Added option for enabling/disabling "long press on back key to kill apps" (Settings -> Developer options -> Fast application killing)
    4. "Galaxy S Settings" is now totally integrated in the Settings menu.
    5. Updated kernel to Semaphore 1.2.2s (will help with bootloops).
    6. Modified installation script (trying to prevent some IMEI losses, but I can't promise anything).
    7. Updated Messages app: prevents FC when the mmsc is null in the APN.
    8. Updated Email app: prevents wake-ups in downloader component (source: CM9)
    9. Updated translations (thanks to all of you that have collaborated)
    10. Updated Busybox
    11. Updated APN list (source: CM9).
    12. Updated host file (source: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.txt)

1.1 changelog:
    • Added an option to show/hide the brightness control slider of the notifications bar (Go to Settings -> Display -> Brightness control slider).
    • Added an option to change between stock battery icon and numeric battery icon (Go to Settings -> Battery -> Press Menu Button -> Change battery style).
    • Tried to prevent an infrequent soft reboot when loading the lock screen.

Older changelogs: http://pastebin.com/3Gbm6uxj

(Thanks to jarhead166 for the video)

engdevice20120425115200.png
    screenshot2012060400060.png
    screenshot2012060323570.png
    engdevice20120425115045.png
    engdevice20120425115105.png

Thanks to:
    • Huge thanks to Cyanogenmod team for their GalaxyS-specific code, some AOSP modifications and gapps
    • AOKP team (brightness control and fast application killing)
    • F4K for the BigMem patch
    • http://winhelp2002.mvps.org for the hosts file
    • stratosk for his awesome kernel
    • psyqiq for his awesome support
    :) I'm here, downloading 4.1 source :D
    Have you gone on holiday or are you sitting in a dark corner somewhere creating another masterpiece :cool::cool:

Hello, I have been really really busy these days with my real job :) But I'll start to work again in ICS333 the next week :)
    ICS333 2.0 released. Hope you enjoy it.
    Hello! Well, I've been watching the progress of CM10, which shows how mature is JB for our SGS. I'm a bit worried because there are still some problems that really affect stability and need to be solved. That's to say, it's ok for daily use if you don't mind to reboot your phone sometimes :) In fact, the M1 version has not been released yet. Fixing these problems is hard, requires a lot of hours that I don't have, and pawitp is really good at it so let's him do it :) I plan to use M1 as a base, and release a pure AOSP ROM. Then, start adding features one by one.

Cheers!