[Tutorial] Unlock your device using NFC

Search This thread

BL4Z3D247

Mar 19, 2011
Wow, this is cool. What would be awesome is if they made something you put on your hand or finger like a ring that had a NFC chip in it. Gotta love Android. Thanks again!

frankb92

Jun 13, 2013
Nfc hacking

You can use the locale app with password lock plug in
The app unlocks and locks the phone whenever you want.
No root required

gleenfield97

Jan 11, 2012
just want to clarify the security aspect of this unlock method.
Is the PIN/password stored in the NFC tag? so when the phone scan the tag, it authenticates using the PIN/password stored inside NFC tag, and then unlock. Is this how the process works?

TadeoNYC

May 9, 2013
New York
just want to clarify the security aspect of this unlock method.
Is the PIN/password stored in the NFC tag? so when the phone scan the tag, it authenticates using the PIN/password stored inside NFC tag, and then unlock. Is this how the process works?

no, this is built around using one particular tag. The phone recognizes that tag and then triggers the unlock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, here is a tutorial on how to use a nfc tag to unlock galaxy s3 and other android devices with nfc.

Translated from the french version : http://www.galaxys2.fr/forum/voir-t14883.html#p146889

Required:
    -Anything with nfc (nfc card , nfc tag , tectiles ...)
    -Be rooted
    -Installed Tasker + secure settings plug-in , Widgetlocker , NFC Re-tag
    -download the NFCmodSGS3_lockscreen matching your ROM here : http://xdaforums.com/showthr ... ?t=1712024
    -Deactivate any lockscreen in settings (even the slide to unlock one)
    -10 min of time

Ready ? Let's go

1st step : Flash the NFCmodSGS3_lockscreen***** via CWM

2nd step : Lockscreen configuration

Start widgetlocker and select a lockscreen with only one function : unlock

In settings , inputs, enable the back button, in advance select the 2 last ones

3rd step: Tasker

New profile :
    events, 3rd party widget locker , unlocked ==> if %WIFI~Off, wait 300ms , plug in secure settings password pin , enable : type the password you want to use if you forgot your nfc tag.

New profile :
    event, display screen off ==> plug in secure settings nfc on

New profile:
    event system boot : plug in secure settings password pin , enable : type the password you want to use if you forgot your nfc tag + condition %WIFI~Off

New profile:
    event network , wifi on , plug in secure settings password pin , disable
    Exit task : plug in secure settings password pin , enable : type the password you want to use if you forgot your nfc tag.

New task: (name it UNLOCK)
    plug in secure settings password pin , disable
    wait 200ms
    input , button : back button

4th and last step : NFC-Retag

Scan your tag and add the action : tasker task : UNLOCK
    In settings , mute pop ups et do not show

:good: And you are ready to go ! :good:

Video in french on the original thread, feel free to correct my mistakes or help me improve the way this tutorial is (it's my first one)
    I'm trying to follow your tutorial, but it is written quite complicated.

Why do I need WidgetLocker?
    Your link is messed up...

Download link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1712024

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

You said: "...here is a tutorial on how to use a nfc tag to unlock galaxy s3 and other android devices with nfc."
    But I don't see how you can flesh NFCmodSGS3_lockscreen to other devices when it's made specifically for SGS3...

Hey everyone, here is a tutorial on how to use a nfc tag to unlock galaxy s3 and other android devices with nfc.

Translated from the french version : http://www.galaxys2.fr/forum/voir-t14883.html#p146889

Required:
    -Anything with nfc (nfc card , nfc tag , tectiles ...)
    -Be rooted
    -Installed Tasker + secure settings plug-in , Widgetlocker , NFC Re-tag
    -download the NFCmodSGS3_lockscreen matching your ROM here : http://xdaforums.com/showthr ... ?t=1712024
    -Deactivate any lockscreen in settings (even the slide to unlock one)
    -10 min of time

Ready ? Let's go

1st step : Flash the NFCmodSGS3_lockscreen***** via CWM

2nd step : Lockscreen configuration

Start widgetlocker and select a lockscreen with only one function : unlock

In settings , inputs, enable the back button, in advance select the 2 last ones

3rd step: Tasker

New profile :
    events, 3rd party widget locker , unlocked ==> if %WIFI~Off, wait 300ms , plug in secure settings password pin , enable : type the password you want to use if you forgot your nfc tag.

New profile :
    event, display screen off ==> plug in secure settings nfc on

New profile:
    event system boot : plug in secure settings password pin , enable : type the password you want to use if you forgot your nfc tag + condition %WIFI~Off

New profile:
    event network , wifi on , plug in secure settings password pin , disable
    Exit task : plug in secure settings password pin , enable : type the password you want to use if you forgot your nfc tag.

New task: (name it UNLOCK)
    plug in secure settings password pin , disable
    wait 200ms
    input , button : back button

4th and last step : NFC-Retag

Scan your tag and add the action : tasker task : UNLOCK
    In settings , mute pop ups et do not show

:good: And you are ready to go ! :good:

Video in french on the original thread, feel free to correct my mistakes or help me improve the way this tutorial is (it's my first one)
    Great!

I would like to work with you on monetizing and creatig a business with the app you have created.
    This makes me want to implant a nfc tag into my palm now...